Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL

2 posters

Go down

SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL Empty SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL

Post by willcarney Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Father shot his son, 7, and daughter, 8, before killing himself 'because his wife filed for divorce'

A father fatally shot his seven-year-old son and eight-year-old daughter in their home before turning the gun on himself allegedly because his wife filed for divorce, it emerged today.

Daniel A. Castrillon-Oreggo, 39, killed his two children Sebastian and Susana, while he had custody of them over the weekend.

Their bodies were found when his wife Luz Jimenez was not able to reach her husband and called police to the home.

Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis said Castrillon-Oreggo picked the kids up from school on Friday before taking them to his wife's work.

SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL Article-2478486-190B3E8100000578-101_634x683
Murder suicide: Daniel A. Castrillon-Oreggo, 39, killed his two kids, Sebastian and Susana Castrillon, apparently while in the midst of a divorce battle with his wife, Luz Jimenez, not pictured

SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL Article-2478486-190B3E8500000578-126_634x403
Spring Hill: Their two-story home in an affluent area of Tampa Bay was adorned with Halloween decorations while yellow crime scene tape surrounded the property today

The divorce proceedings until this time had been amicable but the couple wife argued for a time while he was there and it was said to have grown quite heated.

But, according to reports, the 39-year-old calmed down and took the children for the weekend as planned.

Later that evening, Castrillon-Oreggo spoke to his wife on the phone about his desire to return to his native country of Colombia, the sheriff said. That was the last time she spoke to him.

On Sunday at 7.30pm, sheriff's deputies went to the house and found seven-year-old Sebastian lying in bed with a single gunshot wound to his head.

In another room, they found Susana lying alongside her father. Both were dead from gunshot wounds.

The sheriff said Castrillon-Oreggo left a suicide note. He described it to the Tampa Bay Times  as a 'typical note of a disgruntled soon-to-be ex-husband'. He didn't provide additional details.

He added: 'It's very difficult any time you have innocent children killed. It's even worse when they're killed by someone who is supposed to be there to take care of them. I feel for my deputies who had to deal with this last night.'

One neighbor told 10 News he was just talking with Castrillon about his kids' future plans for school on Friday and have been just hours before Castrillon shot and killed them as they slept.

'My heart just dropped, like I didn't -- it made me sick,' said Kayla Hundley, who lives nearby. 'They always looked so happy-family. I never thought anything like that would have happened.'

Sebastian was a second-grader and Susana was in the third grade at Chocachatti, a magnet school for the arts in Spring Hill.

Their two-story home in an affluent area of Tampa Bay was adorned with Halloween decorations and yellow crime scene tape surrounded the property.

Castrillon-Orrego does not have a criminal record in Florida, according to the Tampa Bay Times. Nienhuis said deputies had not been called to the house for domestic issues in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478486/Daniel-A-Castrillon-Oreggo-Father-shot-son-7-daughter-8-killing-wife-filed-divorce.html

Another "if I can't have them you can't" killing.  I'm beginning to believe that any couple that starts divorce proceedings should have their kids taken away till they pass psychology tests.  Even temp custody to a grandparent or other member would be better than killing them.  Too many of these are happening.

Last edited by twinkletoes on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct title to proper format)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL Empty Re: SEBASTIAN and SUSANA CASTRILLION -7 and 8 yo - / Murderer: Daniel A. Castrillon, father - Tampa Bay, FL

Post by twinkletoes Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 am

Two Brooksville children were remembered at a vigil tonight; deputies say their dad murdered them

11/1/2013

Two children allegedly murdered by their father before he took his own life were remembered at a candlelight vigil. 

More than 100 people gathered at Chocachatti Elementary School in Brooksville.

Some wore shirts with pictures of the siblings, 7-year-old Sebastian and 8-year-old Susana.

Others like second grader Justin Astringer, a friend of Sebastian's, brought balloons.  Astringer hand-picked his.

"I think Hello Kitty would be perfect for Susana and I think Sebastian would like Batman," he explained.

Astringer remembers Susana would always wear pink and black glasses to school and how Sebastian always wanted to help others.

"He was very smart and good and he helped us with a lot of class work," Justin said.

Justin, alongside his mother, released the balloons during the vigil.

"We want to send them to heaven," explained Lisa Astringer.  "[This week] it's been really tough."

Hernando County deputies found Daniel A. Castrillon-Oreggo, 39, and his two children dead of gunshot wounds in their home on Nodding Shade Drive in the Trillium Subdivision in Spring Hill Sunday night.

In a press conference Monday morning, Nienhuis said a "domestic violence situation turned deadly and took some innocent lives."

Castrillon picked up his children from his estranged wife, Luz Jimenez, 34, on Friday for visitation.

When Jimenez was unable to locate Castrillon-Oreggo or the children Sunday, she called authorities.

Jimenez had filed for divorce from Castrillon-Oreggo on October 12.

Jimenez was not at the vigil.  However, a close friend spoke on the absent mother's behalf.

"Celebrate their lives tonight and just keep them in your heart," said Eileen, an organizer and close friend of Jimenez.  "Just remember that they were loved."

Ramona Martinez decided to celebrate their lives by bringing dozens of pink and blue balloons, the favorite colors of the siblings.

"We haven't forgotten them and we are letting them know that we will always remember them," explained Martinez.

Torrie Hattaway, a teammate of Susana's on the cheer squad, wants her friend remembered for her smile.

"She was fun and like energetic and and she always was smiling," Hattaway said with tears in her eyes.

According to Hattaway's grandmother, the girls on the squad treated Susana like a little sister.

"It is just upsetting because we were all very close to her," said Lucy Daley.  "She was the youngest one on our team.  So, everyone supported her and helped her learn."

Jimenez sent word through her friend of how she is choosing to remember her babies.

"Sebastian and  Susy were really loved .  She doesn't want anybody to cry.   She says that her babies are happy and they are happy flying in heaven," Eileen added.

Grief counselors have been at the elementary school since Monday.  School district officials say the counselors will be on hand as long as their needed.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_citrus_hernando/ballons-were-released-at-a-vigil-for-brooksville-siblings-deputies-say-their-father-murdered-them
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down