Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) - / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA

Go down

2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA Empty 2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) - / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA

Post by twinkletoes Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 am

2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA Sbso_masthead
[ HOME -> NEWS -> PRESS RELEASE -09281102]
2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA Single
press release - 09281102
2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA Single
2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA 09281102_000
Felix Federico Nicolas, 36
Sheriff's Detectives Arrest Man in Murder Hire Plot
Sant Barbara - September 28th, 2011

A Santa Maria man, already in custody in the Santa Barbara County Jail, has been re-booked on $1,000,000 bail after Sheriff’s Detectives assigned to the Special Investigations Bureau arrested him in a murder for hire plot.

The investigation began when the Sheriff’s Office learned that 36-year old Felix Federico Nicolas (DOB 10/31/74) of Santa Maria, wanted to hire someone to kill the victims in his pending rape and child molestation cases.

An investigation was undertaken during which time Nicolas positively identified his intended victims through social media photographs and also negotiated an undisclosed price to have the hits carried out. 

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011, Sheriff’s detectives arrested Nicolas and charged him with solicitation to commit murder, which is a felony (653F(B) PC) and felony dissuading a victim to testify (136.1 PC).  Nicolas was re-booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail Tuesday evening where he remains at this time. 

The intended victims were informed of Nicolas's intentions and of his subsequent arrest. Due to the nature of the original charges (rape and child molestation), and the responsibility to protect the identities of the victims, no further information will be released.
For more information regarding news related issues
please contact Drew Sugars, Public Information Officer.
Business Hours: (805) 681-4100
EMAIL:pio@sbsheriff.org

http://www.sbsheriff.org/09281102.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA Empty Re: 2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) - / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA

Post by twinkletoes Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:38 am

SM man gets more than 200 years for sex crimes, murder-for-hire

Nicolas was convicted of 14 felony counts for molestation of two goddaughters

2 UNNAMED GIRLS - 8 and 9 (1999 - 2003) -  / Convicted: Stepfather, Felix Federico Nicolas Jr - Santa Marial, CA 52b29ecd9ec2c.preview-620
Daniel Dreifuss/Staff

Felix Federico Nicolas Jr. of Santa Maria appears Wednesday in a Santa Maria courtroom during his sentencing hearing.

December 19, 2013 12:55 am

The Santa Maria man convicted of attempting to have his molestation victims murdered was sentenced Wednesday to 206 years to life in prison.

Felix Federico Nicolas Jr., 39, was sentenced for his recent conviction of 14 felony counts of sex crimes — forcible lewd acts upon a child, aggravated sexual assault of a child, forced oral copulation, rape, forced sodomy — against children and two counts of solicitation of murder.

“In the 14 years as a prosecutor, (Felix Nicolas) is the sickest, most deviant child molester and child rapist that I have ever come across,” Senior Deputy District Attorney Kevin Duffy said during the sentencing hearing.

“The prosecution feels he’s earned every second of that sentence,” Duffy added. “He’s the poster child for the one-strike sex crimes law.”

Under the one-strike sex crimes law, enacted in 1994, violent sex offenders such as Nicolas are locked up after one conviction.
People may think a 200-plus year prison sentence is overkill, Duffy said, but he believes the punishment sends a strong message that “this type of crime will not be tolerated in our society.”

“There’s no chance he’s ever getting out,” Duffy added. “He will draw his last breath in prison.”

A jury convicted Nicolas in late November of sexually abusing his goddaughters, ages 9 and 8 at the time, during a four-year period between May 1999 and May 2003, as well as solicitation of murder.

He attempted to hire a hit man while incarcerated at Santa Barbara County Jail to murder his now-grown victims so they couldn’t testify against him.

The long-term sexual abuse took place when Jane Doe 1, who is now 23, her sister, Jane Doe 2, who is 21, their mother, Nicolas and his ex-wife lived together at various low-cost, residential motels in Santa Maria.

Judge Patricia Kelly sentenced Nicolas to 11 years and eight months for the murder-for-hire conviction and 195 years to life for conviction of the sex crimes.

“You have earned ... based on what the court heard during the trial, every day of that sentence,” Kelly told Nicolas, who sat hiding his face behind his public defender. “This is one of the saddest trials this court has ever heard.”

Nicolas raped Jane Doe 1 multiple times, engaged in her in forced oral copulation and also attempted to sodomize the young girl, whom he called his superstar. She lost her virginity at age 9 to the then 26-year-old man.

Jane Doe 1 didn’t attend Wednesday’s hearing, but her sister did and spoke to the court about the impact of being molested by someone she trusted and looked up to as a father figure.

“He’s not going to beat me as an adult,” Jane Doe 2 said. “He doesn’t have to lie about it anymore. It happened.”

Although she didn’t want to see her abuser spend the rest of his life in prison, Jane Doe 2 said she couldn’t keep Nicolas’ secret any longer and had to tell police in 2010 what he did to her as a child.

“I couldn’t hold it in anymore,” she said. “It just came out.”

Duffy said it took a tremendous amount of courage for the sisters, as well as another woman, Jane Doe 3, who was allegedly raped by Nicolas as a child, to testify against their abuser.

“It was one of the most tragic cases,” Duffy said after the hearing. “What stood out to me was the bravery of the girls to come forward and reveal the abuse. That’s unmatched courage in my mind.”

Jane Doe 3, who lives in Texas, wasn’t able to attend the sentencing hearing, but her stepmother read an emotional victim-impact statement to the court.

She said her husband was devastated and broke down in tears when his adult daughter confided in him that she was allegedly raped as a child.

“He blamed himself for not protecting his daughter,” the Santa Maria woman said, as tears rolled down her husband’s face.

She next turned her anger on Nicolas, saying there were times during the trial she wanted to jump over the railing and assault the man, but she didn’t because she believes there would be a higher justice for him.

“Vengeance is mine,” she said, quoting from the Bible. “God has the last victory.”

She added, “Your time of freedom is up, and you will now pay for your actions. You thought you’d get away with it ... and it makes me wonder how many other victims haven’t come forward.”

A San Luis Obispo County woman saw media coverage of the case and remembered that Nicolas allegedly also sexually molested her as a child. She attended his sentencing hearing and was happy with the sentence Nicolas received, she said.

http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/sm-man-gets-more-than-years-for-sex-crimes-murder/article_f46308c4-687e-11e3-8fdb-0019bb2963f4.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down