Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time

Go down

Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time Empty Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time

Post by mom_in_il Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:19:55 AM

ORLANDO -- It appears the Casey Anthony case will be making a prime time appearance on the small screen.

Next week's episode of the popular series “Law and Order: SVU” has a story line that is eerily similar to the Anthony case.

The show begins with a woman running into the station frantically stating that her granddaughter is missing.

The granddaughter's name on the show is Ciara instead of Caylee, and she's 11 months old instead of 2 years old.

In a clip from the show, the mother explains a strange smell coming from the trunk of the car.

News 13 spoke with attorney Adam Sudbury about what this means for the case against Casey.

"So jury selection becomes that much more important in the Casey Anthony case. You've gotta be very careful in picking this jury. If they happen to give a negative slant to, you know, maybe an inference of guilt and there's a juror that sees this, well that could have a huge impact on the case, and quite honestly it's pretty unfair," Sudbury said.

News 13 also spoke with a representative from the show who said the show is based on fiction and wouldn't comment any further.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/4/22/casey_anthony_story_goes_prime_time.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time Empty Re: Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time

Post by mom_in_il Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Casey Anthony case: Exec producer warns against reading too much into episode of 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit'

posted by halboedeker on Apr 24, 2009 10:51:11 AM

Next week's episode of NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has one or two eerie parallels to the Casey Anthony case. For instance, a grandmother (played by Gail O'Grady) goes to police and complains about a stench in a car.

"That had the buzzers going off in your head," series executive producer Neal Baer told me.

Well, yeah. But how should I feel when I hear that?

"You can feel any way you like," Baer told me. "You shouldn't jump to conclusions."

Baer told me his is particularly high on the episode, which airs at 10 p.m. Tuesday on WESH-Channel 2.

But reading too much into the plot would be wrong, Baer said. "You may think it's something familiar, but it turns out it's not," Baer said.

Hilary Duff of "Lizzie McGuire" plays the mom of a missing child, and "NYPD Blue" O'Grady is the woman's overbearing mama.

"They've been caught in a web of destructive behavior their whole lives," Baer said.

Hmmm. That sounds familiar.

But the plot follows the "Law & Order" pattern of going off on unexpected tangents. Keep that in mind.

As for the rest of the "SVU" season, Baer says there's a shocking ending coming. "One of our own is murdered," Baer said.

He said there's nothing new in contract negotiations between the show and stars Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay. (I hope they settle soon: "SVU" wouldn't be the same without them.)

Other episodes this season will feature Swoosie Kurtz and Alex Kingston in a plot about sexting, and Alan Dale ("Lost," "Ugly Betty") in an installment about stalking.

Baer, a pediatrician, also wrote for "ER," where he helped Doug Ross (George Clooney) become an iconic figure. Baer was thrilled that "SVU" will be back for its 11th season, and he is fine that the show will have to move to an earlier time slot to accommodate Jay Leno's new 10 p.m. show.

Baer's reasoning: "SVU" is seen at 9 p.m. in Chicago and the rest of the Midwest. Why not the East and West coasts?

"I wouldn't want to be on 4 p.m. on the network, but I'll take prime time," Baer said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/04/casey-anthony-case-exec-producer-warns-against-reading-too-much-into-episode-of-law-order-special-vi.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time Empty Re: Casey Anthony Story Goes Prime Time

Post by mom_in_il Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Here's a sneak preview of this week's Law & Order: SVU episodes that seems to be very similar to the Casey Anthony case

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-casey-anthony-case-on-law-and-order-042709,0,1003425.htmlstory
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down