Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA

Go down

SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA Empty SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:25 am

Missing Child With Autism, Sergio Zepeda, Found Wandering Into Homeless Camp

The Huffington Post    | By  Andy Campbell

Posted:  09/08/2014 1:58 pm EDT    Updated:  09/08/2014 1:59 pm EDT  

SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA N-SERGIO-ZEPEDA-large
A homeless man is a hero today after he reunited 6-year-old Sergio Zepeda with his family Sunday morning.

The boy, who has autism, had been missing from his San Jose, California home for almost 24 hours as his family and police searched for him, according to a San Jose Police Department press release. Somehow, Zepeda had stripped off all his clothes as he trekked nearly a mile across train tracks and into a makeshift homeless encampment, KTVU reports.

That's when Jose Salmeron, who lives in the encampment, poked his head out of his tent and saw the shivering child.

"I thought honestly it was an [extraterrestrial] or something, a skinny little figure," Salmeron told the San Jose Mercury News. "But when I looked a little closer, it was a little boy."

Zepeda was reportedly unable to speak because of his autism, but Salmeron was his voice. The 32-year-old man called 911, then gave Zepeda a blanket, a sweater, a donut and some water while they waited for police to arrive.
SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA O-BOY-FOUND-SAFE-570
Zepeda was found safe at this homeless encampment by a Good Samaritan.

Police say Zepeda was transported to a nearby hospital as a precaution, but was otherwise in good health. There he was reunited with his family.

Zepeda's mother's boyfriend, Bony Sanchez, told KTVU that the three were at home together when the boy vanished at about 9 a.m. Saturday.

"That kid, he has so much energy, he'll start running, and he won't stop," Sanchez said.

Police didn't arrest Sanchez or Zepeda's mother, Augustina Quinteros, but kept them close by as they initiated a citywide search.

Investigators don't suspect any foul play in the disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/08/sergio-zepeda-found-california-homeless-camp_n_5785424.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA Empty Re: SERGIO ZEPEDA (Autistic) - 6 yo - San Jose, CA

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 am

Thank God a kind hearted man found him instead of one of the monsters out there.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down