Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay - Palm Bay, FL

3 posters

Go down

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL Empty LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay - Palm Bay, FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 am

By Dan Billow

Police search for Palm Bay babysitter after 4-month-old dies in his care

Babysitter is boyfriend of infant's mother
   UPDATED 6:27 PM EDT Oct 01, 2014  

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL Palm-Bay-dead-baby1-jpg
Four-month old Lorenzo Hernandez was said to have died in a fall very late at night.      

Police said not everything the babysitter, 24-year old Joseph Lamay, said is adding up, though.

"Within those few hours, Joseph Lamay was with the child. The last one, the only one, with the child.  And now he's gone.  And now he's gone and we don't know where he is," said the child's grandfather Frank Cintron.

Lorenzo had a mother who worked, and whose boyfriend babysat.

On Friday, at the mother's apartment, the child's father put the baby to bed and left the mother's boyfriend there to babysit.

Lamay initially cooperated with police. He told them the child rolled off the couch and hit his head. The family said the child wound up bleeding from his brain, and was dead before he arrived at the hospital.

Lamay has now disappeared, and police, while not calling him a suspect, are hoping to find him to ask more questions.  

"My daughter right now is completely lost, she doesn't know what to think.  She tells me that the guy was good to her and kind to her kids but sometimes you don't really know anyone," Cintron said.

Lamay has past convictions for heroin possession, domestic violence, and tampering with a witness. Detectives are working to find him.

http://www.wesh.com/news/police-search-for-palm-bay-babysitter-after-4monthold-dies-in-his-care/28357970#ixzz3F2ozrcOF

Last edited by twinkletoes on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL Empty Re: LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay - Palm Bay, FL

Post by cherie102 Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:40 am

How could anyone hurt such a little angel tears

cherie102
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Community support

Back to top Go down

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL Empty Re: LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay - Palm Bay, FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Evil, that's how.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL Empty LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 MONTHS (10/2014) - Palm Bay FL

Post by mom_in_il Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Police searching for babysitter for questioning in Palm Bay baby death

By Jerry Hume, Brevard County Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 12:39 PM

PALM BAY -- There are new questions in the death investigation of a 4-month-old boy, and the man who police think can answer those questions is nowhere to be found.

The search is on for 24-year-old Joseph Lamay, the man who was last seen with Lorenzo Hernandez. Brevard County Sheriff's Office deputies responded around 1 a.m. Friday to an apartment in Palm Bay after Lamay called 911 to report Hernandez was unconscious and not breathing.

The child was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Lamay hasn't been seen since, police said. Lamay isn't a suspect in the baby's death at this point in the investigation, police said.

He was babysitting while the child's mother, Chastity Cintron, was at work. Cintron said Wednesday that she is "heartbroken."

"I don't have anything to say," she said. "I just want my baby back."

Family members said they haven't seen Lamay since Friday.

"I mean, you're talking about a small child, a defenseless person who, if somebody hurt that deliberately, we want to know," said Yvonne Martinez, a spokeswoman for the Palm Bay Police Department. "It's our job as a law enforcement agency to make sure justice is done."

Police on Tuesday issued an arrest warrant for Lamay on an earlier probation charge. Investigators hope Lamay can provide answers as to how the child died.

"We just want him to come forward so police can ask him a few more questions to find out what really happened to (the child)," said Frank Cintron, the child's grandfather. "That's all we really want so we can put this behind us and have some closure."

Lamay has a criminal past that includes domestic violence battery, theft and heroin possession.

Anyone with information on Lamay's whereabouts is asked to call the Palm Bay Police Department at 321-952-3539.

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/10/1/brevard_child_death.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Babysitter faces murder charge in Palm Bay infant's death

By Greg Pallone, Brevard County Reporter
Last Updated: Monday, October 06, 2014, 4:40 PM

LORENZO HERNANDEZ - 4 months (9/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Joseph Lamay -  Palm Bay, FL 1412628023104
Joseph Lamay (left), 24, faces first-degree murder charges for the death of 4-month-old Lorenzo Hernandez (right) 
in Palm Bay on Sept. 26, 2014. Lamay was arrested in California on Oct. 3 for violating probation.

PALM BAY --  A man entrusted to babysit a Brevard County four-month-old child is now facing murder charges for shaking the baby, causing his death.

Now we are hearing the gut wrenching 911 call made by Joseph Lamay as a dispatcher guided him through CPR on the young boy -- desperately trying to save the infant.

Detectives are confident he followed the directions trying to save the child.

But in the end, the boy is dead, and they say Lamay is responsible.

Lamay: I have a four month old infant and he is barely breathing and I don't know what happened to him.

Dispatcher: What's your address?

Lamay: Oh my God, he's like..Lozenzo wake up!
Investigators said Lamay, 24, was watching fLorenzo Hernandez in the early morning hours of September 26 at the Lighthouse Pointe apartment homes in Palm Bay.

They said he was babysitting as his girlfriend worked.

Lamay made a desperate 911 call, telling dispatchers the child fell off the couch and wasn't breathing.

Dispatcher: From now on we're going to give the baby 30 pumps and two puffs. Keep doing it until help can take over.

A dispatcher then guided him through CPR for more than 10 minutes before paramedics arrived, even mentioning him by name as she encouraged him.

Dispatcher: You cannot stop, we gotta keep going until help can take over, you're doing a good job. C'mon Joseph, we have to keep going until they take over.

The baby was flown to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital in Orlando but died hours later. Investigators interviewed Lamay but didn't make an arrest at the time.

They later discovered the child died of blunt force trauma -- consistent with shaken baby. Lamay then changed his story.

"The description that he's giving isn't consistent with the evidence that we learned after the autopsy," said Detective Ursula Cowan of the Palm Bay Police Department.

Investigators said Lamay fled Brevard County and traveled to California where his brother lives. He was pulled over in a traffic stop and arrested on an unrelated drug charge warrant.

Palm Bay detectives headed to the West Coast themselves this past weekend and determined there was enough evidence to charge him with first-degree murder.

Detectives say Lamay took off because he didn't want people to think he did this on purpose. It could be a few weeks before he is extradited.

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/10/6/brevard_babysitter_murder_charge.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down