Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WESH analyst blasts WFTV commentator, reporter

Go down

WESH analyst blasts WFTV commentator, reporter Empty WESH analyst blasts WFTV commentator, reporter

Post by mom_in_il Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:04 pm

WESH analyst blasts WFTV commentator, reporter

posted by halboedeker on Nov 22, 2009 5:15:00 PM

The media coverage of the Casey Anthony case has taken another strange turn. Now one station's analyst is lambasting another station's commentator.

WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer dismissed the latest motion by Anthony'sdefense team as a media stunt. The defense team is pointing to Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's remains, as a possible suspect in the child's death. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the child's death. Sheaffer said the defense team's interview with Kronk's ex-wives are worthless because they weren't done under oath.

But attorney Richard Hornsby, who has been a frequent legal analyst on WESH-Channel 2, praised the defense team's motion. "This is the first significant and credible shot the defense has taken against the state. I think it has a high likelihood of success," Hornsby said on the air.

Now on his blog, Hornsby writes that he was "flabbergasted" when Sheaffer described the defense's "tactics" as "despicable."

Hornsby writes, "The very conviction with which Mr. Sheaffer blasts the Anthony defense on the motion makes me question when he last opened up one of those law books he is always sitting in front of." Hornsby says Sheaffer's "legal commentary" has been "completely cheap and false."

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said by e-mail: "I have great respect for Mr. Sheaffer's wisdom and experience. His legal insight allows us to offer a depth of coverage that viewers expect from WFTV."

In an e-mail later this evening, Hornsby told me that he has never been WESH's legal analyst. "They asked me to comment and I agree," he wrote. "I have also provided commentary for Fox 35 and CF News 13 whenever they asked. But I am not their legal analyst either."

About his blog, Hornsby wrote me: "My post is because I see another criminal defense attorney taking gratuitous and false cheap shots at the Anthony defense for what I can only imagine are headlines. So I responded in kind."

In blog comments posted today, Hornsby gives lengthy and detailed criticism in analyzing the defense motion. He describes Sheaffer as "Mr. Suspenders" and "an attorney who reeks of elitism." Hornsby also tells Sheaffer, "You are ... a sell-out to your profession."

Hornsby's main complaint is this: "I think it is time that someone puts WFTV-ABC reporter Kathi Belich and her sidekick Mr. Sheaffer to task for the pro-prosecution pandering to the anti-Anthony sentiment, rather than providing objective analysis of the legal issues in the case so that the Central Florida community can have an informed understanding of the legal issues in this case."

Hornsby says that he does all of his commentary for free while Sheaffer is on retainer with WFTV.

What do you make of this?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/11/casey-anthony-wesh-analyst-blasts-wftv-analyst-and-reporter.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+(TV+Guy)
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

WESH analyst blasts WFTV commentator, reporter Empty Richard Hornsby's Blog

Post by mom_in_il Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Florida Law and the Criminal Justice System

Orlando Criminal Lawyer Richard Hornsby's musings on law and criminal justice topics.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/11/22/in-defense-of-the-casey-anthony-defense/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down