Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY

3 posters

Go down

DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY Empty DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 pm

A two-year-old girl dies after being found unresponsive in a Lexington home.

Investigators say Don'isha Lewis was with her babysitter Robin Waddy, 22.

Waddy was arrested Monday on warrants not connected to this case.

When paramedics got to the home on McCullough Drive Monday, they were
able to get the child breathing again and find a pulse. She was rushed
to UK Chandler Hospital, where she was pronounced dead last night.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY Empty Re: DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY

Post by Watcher_of_all Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Lexington Police say an autopsy conducted on a 2-year-old, who died after being found unconscious in a babysitter's bathtub, was unclear on the cause of death. A spokesperson for the department says more testing will be done.

Family members of 2-year-old Doni'sha Lewis believe she was left alone in the bathtub, and may have slipped under the water. Lexington Police are continuing to investigate what happened Monday afternoon in an apartment on McCullough Drive.

The toddler's mother tells 27 NEWSFIRST she left Lewis with a cousin, who was supposed to be babysitting the girl.
Emergency workers rushed the little girl to the University of Kentucky Hospital, where she died Tuesday afternoon.

Police took two people into police headquarters for questioning, including the babysitter, but have not released any details of the investigation. Police charged the babysitter, Robin Waddy, for probation violation, but she has not been charged in connection to Monday's incident.
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY Empty Re: DON'ISHA LEWIS - 2 yo (2010) - Lexington KY

Post by Watcher_of_all Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Woman Wanted In Death Of Toddler Turns Herself In

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:23 AM

Lexington police say a woman wanted in the death of a 2-year-old girl has turned herself in.
Police say Robin P. Waddy, 23, flagged officers down on Broadway Monday night. Police arrested her and charged her with second degree manslaughter.
Police have not confirmed that the arrest is connected to the death of 2-year-old Donisha Lewis, but just before Christmas, a grand jury indicted Waddy in the death of the toddler.
Lewis' mother told LEX 18 that Waddy, her cousin, was taking care of the 2-year-old for about a month. In April 2010, the family says the child was found in a bathtub, nearly drowned. According to family members, Lewis was also bruised and had a severe head injury. The child was in a coma and later died at UK Hospital.
Back in December, Lewis' mother said justice would ultimately be served.
"The person who did this is going to get what she deserves from a higher being, way higher than me, way higher than the police. God is watching over. God has a shield over her, and Donisha knows I would never put her in harm's way ever - ever," Alnisha Lewis said.
http://www.lex18.com/news/woman-wanted-in-death-of-toddler-turns-herself-in/
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher_of_all Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Remembering Don'isha Lewis
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 5:27 PM

It's been one year since two-year-old Donisha Lewis was found unresponsive at a Lexington apartment complex while in the care of her babysitter.
The child's family says they'll never stop trying to find out exactly what happened.
Details in the case still remain unclear, but Donisha Lewis' mother tells LEX 18 her child was found with bruises all over her body in a bathtub with hardly any water in it. She says she just wants to know what happened.
Not a day goes by that Alnisha Lewis doesn't think about her baby girl. "I'll be hoping I can just wake up and see her. But she's not coming back," says Lewis. "Bikers are going to get all together and ride at the front of the cemetery. They'll meet at the front so that everyone can come back and we're trying to get donations together at that point.". The donations will be collected for a headstone for Donisha.
Alnisha just wants to know what happened to her little girl. "What happened to my baby?"
Last April the toddler was in the care of her babysitter, Robin Waddy, when the child was found unresponsive in a bathtub. "I gave it to her she was alive but i don't get her back alive. She can't say anything except I don't know."
Donisha was rushed to UK Hospital but it was too late. Waddy turned herself into Lexington Police back in January, she faces second degree manslaughter charges.
"I think she should get the max, I don't think manslaughter is fair enough," says Lewis.
But today is all about the little girl they called, "Isha May." "She was very advanced for her age,:" says Stephanie Thomas, a cousin.
A group of motorcyclists will be riding in Donisha Lewis' honor Tuesday night starting at the Lexington Cemetary to raise money for a headstone for Donisha's grave site. If you'd like to help, contact Central Bank, a trust fund is set up for Lewis.
Robin Waddy's next court appearance is scheduled for Friday, April 29 for a status hearing.

http://www.lex18.com/news/remembering-donisha-lewis
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:44 pm

COMMONWEALTH VS. WADDY, ROBIN PERIN
Scheduled Events
SENTENCING 9/23/2011 10:30 AM Unassigned

http://apps.courts.ky.gov/CourtRecords/Results.aspx
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Lexington Babysitter Gets 7.5 Years In Prison In Child's Death
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 11:14 AM

A Lexington babysitter who admitted her role in the death of her two-year-old cousin was sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison in the case Friday.

Robin Waddy, then 23, was taking care of two-year-old Donisha Lewis for about a month. In April 2010, the family says the child was found in a bathtub, nearly drowned. According to family members, Lewis was also bruised and had a severe head injury. The child was in a coma and later died at UK Hospital.

Waddy was indicted by a grand jury in the case at the end of last year, and turned herself in to police in January. The girl's mother, Anisha Lewis, said Waddy pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree manslaughter back in July. which was confirmed by the Commonweath's Attorney.

During sentencing, Waddy, who will receive 264 days of custody credit, said she did not want probation in the case.

Lewis said before the formal verdict that she doesn't think it is enough punishment for Waddy. "I feel as though it's not enough justice served with my daughter's life," she said. "Because 7 1/2 years is not good enough to me because I can't get my daughter back. She never saw 7 1/2. And she was an innocent bystander and I just can't cope. And I'm doing the best to my ability, but it's just hard."

http://www.lex18.com/news/lexington-babysitter-gets-7-5-years-in-prison-in-child-s-death/
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down