Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Anthony Admits Losing Money to Email Scam 11/21/2008

Go down

George Anthony Admits Losing Money to Email Scam 11/21/2008 Empty George Anthony Admits Losing Money to Email Scam 11/21/2008

Post by mom_in_il Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Orlando Sentinel: Today's updates 11/21/2008

George Anthony admits losing money to email scam

11:52 a.m. During an interview with the FBI earlier this summer, George Anthony admitted that he'd lost the
family's money in an e-mail scam - something he hadn't divulged to his wife.

He told an agent he received an email that said there was $2.2 million in a foreign bank account waiting for him.

""I got involved in that..I should have known better. It was stupid," he said. "I got scammed."

Anthony was unemployed at the time, after suffering a knee injury and thought the money in the e-mail was the real deal.

"I did lie to my wife about that," Anthony said, adding that he maxed out their Mastercard and blamed it on gambling.

It's unknown how much money he lost or if it was ever recovered.

Videotaped interviews of George and Cindy Anthony to be released

The Orlando Sentinel is in the process of obtaining videotaped interviews that are part of the state's first-degree murder case
against Casey Anthony.

The law-enforcement interviews -- which will be on five DVDs -- are of Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The State Attorney's Office is releasing the videos in response to a public records request made by the Sentinel.

Meanwhile, the Anthony family sent out a press release this morning regarding a possible live sighting of the missing child.

Someone
snapped a photo of a little girl with brown hair playing at a mall in
west Florida and sent it to the Anthonys. There is no evidence
to suggest that the child in the photo is Caylee.

Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Office are no longer looking into tips regarding a live child. Detectives do
not believe the child is alive, sheriff's spokesman Capt. Angelo Nievessaid.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down