Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey's Defense Examines EquuSearch's Records

Go down

Casey's Defense Examines EquuSearch's Records Empty Casey's Defense Examines EquuSearch's Records

Post by oviedo45 Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Posted: 1:09 pm EDT October 4, 2010Updated: 1:35 pm EDT October 4, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lawyers were looking over all of Texas EquuSearch's records Monday. The defense says some volunteers claim to have searched the area where Caylee Anthony's body was found months earlier and found nothing, which could prove someone else is the murderer.

VIDEO REPORT: Lawyers Reviewing Records

It took the defense two hours to go over EquuSearch records. They are trying to find volunteers who said they searched the area where Caylee's body was found. The volunteers searched in August and September of 2008, which was months before Caylee was found.

Texas EquuSearch said the area where she was found, along with the area near Suburban Drive near the high school that Casey went to and where she and her friends used to hang out, were underwater at the time of the search.

Thirty-two volunteers were reported to be in the areas, but defense attorneys believe there were more. They want to try to prove that Caylee's body was not placed in the wooded area until after October 2008, when Casey was locked up on no bond, therefore proving that Casey could not have put her body there.

"We knew that we was over 3-foot-deep you know down 80 feetaway from where Caylee's body was found. And that's when I made that decision to suspend the search. I didn't say we was cancelling, I said suspend the search," Tim Miller of EquuSearch said.

The defense said they spent the morning calling the volunteers, asking if they searched the Suburban Drive area. If they did, the defense will ask Judge Belvin Perry for the records in order to have copies and to further examine the possible witnesses.

It would be a two-day process and they will have to convince Judge Perry that the witnesses are relevant to the case
http://www.wftv.com/news/25273276/detail.html
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down