Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: What was the biggest news Friday? - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: What was the biggest news Friday? - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: What was the biggest news Friday? - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Casey Anthony: What was the biggest news Friday?
posted by halboedeker on January, 30 2011 12:26 PM

The Friday release of documents in the Casey Anthony case left reporters scrambling. There was so much material, and reporters had to work quickly to go through the material and decide what was the main story. A couple of days later, I’m still wondering what as the biggest news:

1. Hearing Robyn Adams in her own words talk to investigators about her jail pen pal Anthony. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The Adams comments had been available earlier in a transcript, as WKMG-Channel 6 noted, but it was dramatic hearing her.

2. The comments from volunteer searcher Laura Buchanan, who had said she didn’t see Caylee’s remains in the spot where they were later found. “In particular, we’re seeing just how hard prosecutors have been working to discredit one of Anthony’s key defense witnesses,” WKMG anchor Erik von Ancken said.

WKMG reporter Mike DeForest highlighted that investigators do not believe Buchanan told the truth and that they interviewed other searchers who were with Buchanan. “None of them say that they went into the woods because it was flooded with water,” DeForest said.

DeForest also noted that Buchanan, in a phone call to another searcher, “seemed to contradict her own sworn statement” about searching for Caylee. ”If Anthony’s lawyers call Buchanan to the stand to testify at the murder trial in May, it appears prosecutors have a lot of ammunition to attack Buchanan’s credibility,” DeForest said.

3. More about Casey Anthony’s diary. WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing reported that forensic scientists from the Secret Service had performed ink analysis on an Anthony entry that reads “I have no regrets, just a bit worried.”

“Was this written just days after Caylee Anthony’s June 16, 2008, disappearance?” Kealing asked. “Her defense points out a date on the book — ‘03. But in this new report, the FBI says this type of journal was a one-time specialty item distributed solely to Dollar General stores in 2004.”

4. Cindy Anthony’s letters to daughter Casey in recent months. Kealing noted that Cindy Anthony had written in October, “As each day passes that you are isolated from me, I can see you slipping away.” And: “The sooner you get out, the sooner we can get to the truth about Caylee.”

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt said, “In one letter dated just three months ago, Cindy told Casey that she and George Anthony had been going to counseling and it was helping. Cindy also admitted she wrote Casey fewer letters because the state attorney’s office makes them public.”

WKMG’s DeForest reported that Cindy wrote that she still believes in Casey’s innocence and had donated nine pairs of Caylee’s shoes to a charity.

In this sprawling, long-running case, what was the main news Friday? I think Buchanan was the main news. What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-what-was-the-biggest-news-friday.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down