Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal

2 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings?
posted by halboedeker on March, 9 2011 6:47 PM

The biggest surprises in the recent hearings in the Casey Anthony case?

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing highlighted two tonight:

***Sheriff’s Sgt. Reginald Hosey revealed a conversation he had with Anthony on the night that Caylee was reported missing. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter.

In the private chat, Hosey said, Anthony said she wasn’t worried about Caylee and confided that her parents might want to take the child away from her. Kealing said Hosey’s revelation “took many longtime observers of this case by surprise.” The defense asked why Posey’s statement hadn’t been put in a report.

***Detective Yuri Melich revealed that he had never read Anthony her Miranda rights – that didn’t happen until the day she was indicted. Kealing added, “Prosecutors counter that Anthony willingly answered those questions early on and was not subject to Miranda warnings because the suspect, after all, at that time was Zanny the nanny.”

Do you agree those were the biggest surprises during the hearings? Or were there others?

It will be a busy Friday in the case. The State Attorney’s Office that day will release hundreds of pages of evidence, WESH reported tonight.

Kealing also alerted viewers that it will be a busy summer with high-profile trials at the Orange County Courthouse. The Anthony trial will start May 16. The courthouse will house the corruption trial of former Orange County Commissioner Mildred Fernandez and the murder trial of Isleworth millionaire Bob Ward.

A court administration spokeswoman put the cost of sequestering jurors for the duration of Anthony’s trial at $350,000, Kealing reported.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/03/casey-anthony-what-were-biggest-surprises-at-hearings.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal Empty Re: Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal

Post by The_Thinker Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 pm

It was also a big surprise to hear that KC's ex boyfriend, Mark Hawkins, wore a wire when he went to the Anthony home, and to Baez' office!!!

http://www.wftv.com/video/27068800/index.html
Part Five - George testimony - March 3, 2011 Hearing
Baez questioning George

(19:15) Baez - you've also become aware that the FBI has even sent in people wearing wires to talk to KC
(Burdick object - relevance - overuled -
Burdick - timeframe?)
(19:21) Are you aware Mark Hawkins wore a wire for the FBI when he went to MY office (Burdick object timeframe)
Judge - rephrase for timeframe
are you aware that on Oct 2008 - individual by name Mark Hawkins wore wire to George house and Baez office even though KC rep by counsel
(LDB irrelevant timeframe July 22 and Aug 14 - Motion covers specific period of time -
Judge response relevance and materiality - Motion covers specific period of time
Baez - can I have a moment Judge? you may
Baez - Judge goes to lengths LE gone to attempt solicit agents of state - this witness is aware of it - talking about things he discovered now as to that time period - helping him determine he is agent of state-
Judge - what time period motion cover?
Baez - up to Aug 14th
Judge - sustained)

Last edited by The_Thinker on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
The_Thinker
The_Thinker

Job/hobbies : Dear Caylee**gone but not forgotten**

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal Empty Re: Casey Anthony: What were biggest surprises at hearings? - Hal

Post by The_Thinker Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

And it was a surprise to Cindy, to learn that the conversation between KC and Det Melich in the bedroom of the home, was tape recorded!
After Cindy gave (false) testimony that she could hear the questioning, and that Melich got intimidating with her in his tone of voice and demanding of her.
LDBurdick informed Cindy (on the witness stand) that this conversation was tape recorded (so the Judge and jurors can hear Melich's calm tone of voice).

http://www.wftv.com/video/27052848/index.html
Part One - March 2, 2011 Hearing
Cindy Anthony on the witness stand, being questioned by Mason

(7:17) after she was brought back in the house, did any detectives show up?
Cindy - yes, Det Yuri Melich showed up when she was taken back in house - Cindy knows him to be the Lead Detective on the case
(7:50) Melich sequestered her in back bedroom and asked questions - at least an hour - other deputies there in and around the house and patrol cars
(8:12) Cindy could hear Melich questioning KC - heard tone of voice - Melich he began in normal tone at times he did get kind of intimidating, I would say, or demanding of her

http://www.wftv.com/video/27053227/index.html
Part Two
Cindy Anthony on the witness stand being questioned by LDBurdick

(7:29) Burdick - but not a long time when Melich showed up at 3:51am
you said you saw Yuri Melich go into a back bedroom - guest bedroom
Cindy - yes used to be my son's bedroom
Burdick - with computer - door left open - Cindy could hear conv between Melich and KC -
Cindy - I was sitting in reclining chair right in the hallway before bedroom
Burdick - are you aware this conversation was tape recorded
Cindy was not aware tape recorded -

are you aware now? - Cindy - not aware unless you are telling me that
Burdick - so you have not had the opportunity to listen to the tape recording of conversation in bedroom of your home between your daughter and DetMelich
Cindy - no not listen to recording of conv in bedroom between KC and Melich
Cindy - I avoid things like that

The_Thinker
The_Thinker

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Thinker Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Also a surprise that KC's brother Lee copied receipts off of a display in Baez' office and gave them to detectives.

Lee also gave LE a report of what KC said, after a jail visit with her.

Lee also told KC that she could write him a letter and he would be the only one to read it, and he would not relay it to anybody. Baez asked him if he was lying when he said that to his sister, and Lee said "maybe".

http://www.wftv.com/video/27070401/index.html
Part Two - March 3, 2011 Hearing

(1:37) playing jail visit of Lee and KC - Lee tells KC -
Lee says to KC: but understand - if you write to me in a letter KC - I'm not sharing it with anybody - I'm the only person that's gonna read it (she says - I know)
Lee says: if there is anything you do not want me to relay (she says I'll be very specific, I know)

(1:49) Baez - Mr. Anthony, right there you tell your sister if she gives you a letter through this letter system you won't share it with anyone - you tell her this brother to sister - correct
(2:10) Baez - were you lying?
Lee - maybe

[Mason has hand on KC shoulder - KC makes hand gesture like "there you go - he betrayed me!"]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wftv.com/video/27070401/index.html
Part Two

(6:50) showing you Defense Exhibit I - original email sent to Melich and other folks
read subject is - Info that KC provided to parents and I during visitation
date Sat July 26 12:30 afternoon 2008 - after this visitation

(7:50) Baez - you not only met with them day before this video visit - you sent them a report after - correct
on Defense Exh K - on July 29th several days after your report to LE - had mtg with Edwards - only recorded stmt they have on you - yes to my knowledge
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wftv.com/video/27070791/index.html
Part Three

(9:37) Baez - this internship with Dominic not at Baez direction? no
Baez had no knowledge of your intention to do this

(10:00) you came to my office several times - one time you went into a room at my office that has things on wall, maps and documents about sister's case
one day - not at my direction - you went and wrote down receipts that Cindy had given Baez that at one time belonged to KC - these receipts had dates and times during 30 days that Caylee missing before reported to LE

you gave this list of receipts to LE - to Edwards yes
subsequently LDB did inv subpoena to get those receipts -
Lee unaware of that

The_Thinker
The_Thinker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down