Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON

Go down

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Empty CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON

Post by karma Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 am

Missing teen - Justin Rutter, 14 (2009) - Ottawa ON

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Justin10

Justin Rutter: white male, age 14, 163 cm (5"4"), short light brown hair, brown eyes

Justin Rutter, 14-years-old, of Ottawa failed to return home on Thursday, October 8, 2009, after telling his friend he did not want to go back home. He has never stayed away from home for this long before. Justin Rutter is believed to frequent the Lowertown-Vanier-Overbrook area. He was last seen wearing a light brown/white hoodie, seen in this photo.

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/CrimeFiles/People_Identify_Find/index.aspx

--------------------

October 16, 2009

A 14-year-old boy who went missing more than a week ago spoke with friends on Wednesday evening, police revealed Friday.

Justin Rutter talked to friends during a "confirmed sighting" in Ottawa's Vanier neighbourhood, Ottawa police said in a news release Friday. At the time, Justin "stressed that he did not want to return home," the release said.

He was described as wearing a white hooded sweatshirt or coat during the sighting.

Ottawa police said they are still following up on leads from the public regarding Justin's disappearance and are trying to ensure his safe return to his family. They added that they want to tell Justin and anyone who might have had contact with him that he is not in trouble with the police.

Justin parted ways with a friend Oct. 8 at 10 p.m. on Côté Street near St. Laurent Boulevard after leaving his home in Lowertown in the afternoon. He told the friend he didn't want to go home and wanted to stay out late or all night.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2009/10/16/ottawa-justin-rutter-missing-sighting.html

--------------------
October 13, 2009

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Justin11
Justin Rutter has never stayed away from home overnight
before, his family said.

snipped . . . . .
"While there are indicators that would suggest it's a runaway, we just don't go on that premise," said Ottawa police Sgt. Mark Houldsworth.

On Monday, Justin's family organized a massive search in Lowertown, Vanier, the Byward Market, and along St. Laurent Boulevard in an effort to find him. Around 75 people took part, putting up posters with his photo and description along the street. They have also posted the information online.

His mother, Jaye Rutter, said he had never spent a night away from home before.

'He wouldn't just do this to us'

"This is what's worrying us," she said Monday as she wiped away tears. "He wouldn't just do this to us."
She said she hasn't slept in days.

"I don't know why he's not home. I don't know why he's not calling," she sobbed. "I'm lost right now. I just want my baby to come home."

The boy's father, Preston MacLaren, confirmed Justin is not the type to run off. However, he said he had heard from his son's friends that Justin had talked about going on an adventure at a construction site.

"We're just hoping it is something crazy like that," he added.

Family friend Aaron Patey, 23, said Tuesday he is getting increasingly worried.

"And just thinking about it and talking about it, it's scaring me and worrying me, every minute, every second," said Patey. He has known Justin and his family for years and has himself spent some time on the street.

'Possibly something seriously wrong'

Elspeth McKay, executive director of Operation Go Home, which offers services to street youth and tries to help them reunite with their families, said Justin's case is unusual because he hasn't called home.

"I would say that there is possibly something seriously wrong," she added.

Read more

--------------------

15-year-old’s disappearance continues to baffle family, police
Justin Rutter has been missing more than a year

February 23, 2011

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Justin12
Steven Rutter holds a poster of his missing brother, Justin, at a gathering to organize a search for him in October, 2009.
Photograph by: Jana Chytilova, The Ottawa Citizen

OTTAWA — The search continues for 15-year-old Justin Rutter, missing from his Ottawa home for more than a year.

Rutter’s photo and details appeared in January on CIBC Visa bills as part of a program by Child Find Ontario, a charity that helps search for missing children.

“We are still actively looking, following up leads, interviewing people,” says Sgt. Mark Houldsworth, of the Ottawa police youth section.

Police consider Rutter a runaway, but such cases are usually resolved much sooner.

“It’s unusual for someone to be away this length of time,” says Houldsworth. In five years, he has seen just two or three runaways pass the one-year mark.

“The challenge with Justin is there’s no contact with a family member,” he says. He hasn’t “phoned home and said, ‘I don’t want to come home.’

“That’s what’s making this case concerning to us. He’s not making that contact for whatever reason.”

Rutter went missing on Thursday, Oct. 8, 2009. According to police, he parted ways with a friend at 10 p.m. on Côté Street near St. Laurent Boulevard after leaving home in the afternoon.

He told the friend that he planned to stay out late, or perhaps all night. He did not say why. He had never stayed away from home overnight. His family said he had no reason to run.

He was a high-school student at the Ottawa Technical Learning Centre on Donald Street.

Houldsworth said there have been six reported sightings. All were in the Lowertown, Vanier and Overbrook areas. Only one sighting is confirmed; the week he went missing he spoke to someone who knows him. The most recent reported sighting was last December. Someone thought they saw Rutter on a bus in Ottawa. Police couldn’t confirm that it was him.

READ MORE
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Empty Re: CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON

Post by karma Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Missing youth – Justin Rutter
July 25, 2011
CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Justin10

Crime Stoppers and Ottawa Police are seeking your help in locating a missing youth, Justin Rutter.

CANADA • Justin RUTTER, 14 (2009) ~ Ottawa ON Justin12

http://crimestoppers.ca/2011/07/25/missing-youth-justin-rutter-2/

Back to top Go down