Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Newborn Jane Doe" - Abandoned - Kimberly (SW of Green Bay) WI

Go down

"Newborn Jane Doe"  - Abandoned - Kimberly (SW of Green Bay) WI Empty "Newborn Jane Doe" - Abandoned - Kimberly (SW of Green Bay) WI

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 12, 2011 3:12 am

Abandoned baby found in Kimberly

Newborn girl appears to be healthy

Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2011, 2:02 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 10 May 2011, 4:35 AM CDT

KIMBERLY - A baby has been found abandoned behind a Kimberly church.

Fox Valley Metro police were called to the scene around 6:15 p.m. Monday. The newborn girl was found next to a dumpster behind the Fox Valley Christian Fellowship – the former Sunset Plaza building – near the intersection of Fulcer and Schindler streets.

Police say the girl was wrapped in a towel. She was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital and, other than suffering from a mild case of exposure, appears to be healthy.

Police say she appears to be full-term.

Officers think the girl may have been abandoned as early as 3 or 4 p.m. Monday. They are now looking to find the mother and are concerned for her well-being as she may be suffering from post-delivery complications.

Anyone with information is asked to call Officer Jeremy Slotke at (920) 788-7505. Anonymous reports can be placed to Crime Stoppers at (920) 788-9090 or by email=tips@stopcrimenow.org
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Newborn Jane Doe"  - Abandoned - Kimberly (SW of Green Bay) WI Empty Re: "Newborn Jane Doe" - Abandoned - Kimberly (SW of Green Bay) WI

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 12, 2011 3:16 am

Neighbors wonder whether lock on trash Dumpster save newborn left there

• May 11, 2011 - 12:03 pm

KIMBERLY, Wis. — Police are still looking for the person who left a newborn girl outside a trash container behind a commercial building in Kimberly. And neighbors are wondering whether a lock on the Dumpster saved the baby's life.

The infant was found by a man walking his dog Monday evening. The baby, wrapped in a blood-soaked towel, was discovered between the trash container and the wall of the former shopping mall, now a church. Neighbor Mary Schumacher tells the Appleton Post-Crescent that if the child has been placed in the trash container, she wonders if the child would have survived.

The newborn girl was treated for mild exposure and is in the custody of Child Protection Services.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down