Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: Chatty prospective juror says system wronged her - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: Chatty prospective juror says system wronged her - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: Chatty prospective juror says system wronged her - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Thu May 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Casey Anthony: Chatty prospective juror says system wronged her
posted by halboedeker on May, 11 2011 9:15 AM

“Jury selection fiasco,” WKMG-Channel 6 called it.

The station late last night offered an “only on 6″ interview with the prospective juror in Pinellas County who is also listed as a witness in the case. By discussing the case in the jury room, Patricia Young tainted the jury pool, and Chief Judge Belvin Perry dismissed nearly 50 prospective jurors.

“It was a good, safe thing for him to do,” retired Judge O.H. Eaton said in his analysis for WESH-Channel 2.

But in her TV interview, Young said she didn’t know she had been summoned for the Anthony case.

“I feel that the system did me wrong,” Young said. “When I got the summons to go for jury duty — no way did I think it was Casey Anthony because of my involvement with the case.”

Young, a Texas EquuSearch volunteer, could be a witness for the defense because George Anthony pushed her during a protest outside the Anthony home.

She rejected the notion that she was trying to upset the process by discussing the case in the jury room. “I would never, ever do that,” she said. “Do I want this to go to trial? Absolutely yes.” Young said she believed Anthony was guilty. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

The Young development is “the kind of twist we’ve come to expect from this case,” WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich said.

On “In Session” this morning, attorney Raymond Giudice said Young evidently didn’t know that she would be selected for the Anthony pool. ”I think they were naive and innocent, but really somebody should have said something and got the bailiff and said, ‘Hey, this person is talking about this big case here,’ ” Giudice said.

How seriously do local stations take the Anthony coverage? WFTV is offering updates at 4 p.m., when “The Oprah Winfrey Show” starts. And these are the final episodes as Winfrey ends her 25-year-old talk show on Wednesday, May 25. But WFTV stresses that viewers are getting the full Winfrey episodes despite a late start.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/05/casey-anthony-dismissed-juror-says-system-wronged-her.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down