Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caylee Anthony case: Jury selection continues 05/14/11 - Valhall

Go down

Caylee Anthony case: Jury selection continues 05/14/11 - Valhall Empty Caylee Anthony case: Jury selection continues 05/14/11 - Valhall

Post by mom_in_il Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Jury selection continues 05/14/11
Posted on May 14, 2011 by Valhall

Excerpt:

Judge Perry is hoping to get up to 12 jurors and 8 alternatives sworn in by Tuesday. It’s going to be a tight fit. Yesterday we saw the first potential juror eliminated due to one side using a peremptory challenge. The side that played that card first was the defense against a man who had answered his questionnaire as not having a criminal background but later found to have been arrested and served punishment for a DUI. The defense said it showed an untruthfulness in the juror…lawlz.

Later we saw the State (via Jeff Ashton) attempt to use their first peremptory challenge on a woman who stated she did not want to judge people, didn’t believe she was put here to judge people, and indirectly stated that her religious beliefs, which she stated she held firmly to, taught her she should not judge people. There’s only one civic duty we can be called to as citizens of the United States in which in order to fulfill those duties we are required to judge another citizen…that’s jury duty. I’m very unclear on how a person who states their religious beliefs could preclude them from judging someone could serve as a jurist. About as unclear as if I found out the enemy was at my foxhole and the dude next to me, who I was depending on to help save me and my fellow soldiers, had just told me he was a Mennonite and could not kill another human being.

READ MORE: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/05/14/caylee-anthony-case-jury-selection-continues-051411/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down