Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Murder Trial ‘Not a Pleasant Story’ - Criminal Report Daily

Go down

Casey Anthony Murder Trial ‘Not a Pleasant Story’ - Criminal Report Daily Empty Casey Anthony Murder Trial ‘Not a Pleasant Story’ - Criminal Report Daily

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 am

Casey Anthony Murder Trial ‘Not a Pleasant Story’
May 17, 2011

[This article is by contributing writer Ivy Bigbee. She is a Washington, D.C.-based writer.]

Casey-anthony-350x250 CLEARWATER, Fla. — During Day 7 of jury selection for the Casey Anthony murder trial, prospective Juror 3397 was having trouble at the end of his long day. Seemingly a low-key guy (unlike another dismissed candidate outed after posting book deal aspirations on Facebook despite court instructions nixing blogging or posting on social media), this mild-mannered Florida native was not eager to be selected for the trial of the century’s jury. Opining that the sordid account of the amoral young Orlando woman indicted for killing her toddler daughter, then dumping her body in a nearby wood in 2008, is “not a pleasant story” — but one he had heard “four to five times a day for up to five months.”

Although the “I’ll try” guy (who couldn’t say “I will,” but “I’ll try,” when asked to confirm he would apply the law as instructed) believes Anthony “was clearly involved,” Judge Perry did not permit the defense to eliminate him for cause.

When asked about his health, the juror disclosed he missed “close to six weeks of work” following a 2010 spinal fusion. Defense attorney Jose Baez worried that the Raymond James options trader — a middle-aged, married man and father of two boys — would “lose his concentration” during jury deliberation, since back problems compel him to get up and move around after 30 minutes of sitting.

When queried about social media use -- a Judge Perry concern with each potential panelist -- Juror 3397 replied, “I don’t tweet. I just follow.”

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2011/05/casey-anthony-murder-trial-not-a-pleasant-story.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down