Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO

3 posters

Go down

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO Empty "Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 am

DENVER -- Officials say the suspect
in the abduction and sexual assault of an 8-year-old girl in Denver has
been formally charged even though he remains at large.The Denver
district attorney's office said Thursday that 27-year-old Bret Lee
Luckett Thompson has been charged with second-degree kidnapping and
sexual assault on a child.

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO 28190543_240X304

FBI officials have said Thompson could be anywhere as they conduct a nationwide search for him.Thompson
is suspected of kidnapping the child June 2 from a Denver alleyway
while she was playing with friends. He drove away in a white van and
police say he sexually assaulted her.She was found later that day at a gas station three miles away.FBI spokesman Dave Jolly said Thompson was last seen Friday at a convenience store in Castle Rock.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/28190495/detail.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO Empty Re: "Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO

Post by willcarney Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Young victim in sex assault points to accused attacker during trial

Posted on: 12:04 pm, March 5, 2013, by Thomas Hendrick, updated on: 09:44pm, March 5, 2013
DENVER — The 9-year-old victim of a kidnapping and sexual assault pointed toward her accused attacker in a Denver courtroom Tuesday morning and described her kidnapping before leaving the witness stand in tears.

Bret Lee Thompson faces charges of second-degree kidnapping and sexual assault on a child.

The victim said she was kidnapped from the alley behind a home on Raleigh Street by West Virginia Avenue in June 2011. She was dropped off about 90 minutes later at a gas station.

Thompson was arrested 11 days later in New Jersey.

A friend of the victim, a 13-year-old boy, was the first to testify Tuesday. He said the two were taking a dog for a walk when Thompson pulled up next to them in a van.

He asked the victim to help him throw away a TV box, the friend testified.

The boy said Thompson lifted the victim up so she could throw the box into a trash bin and then put her in his van and drove off.

The victim then took the witness stand and described the abduction.

“He put me in the van in front between the two seats,” the victim said.

Prosecutor Allison Rocker asked, “Were you scared?”

“Yes,” the girl said.

The victim said Thompson drove to his house in Aurora and touched her with a body part. She started crying and then he drove her to an alley near a gas station, the girl said.

She left the van and went into the gas station and asked for help. A clerk called the girl’s parents and police.

When Rocker asked the girl to point out her kidnapper, she pointed to Thompson and then started crying and had to leave the courtroom.

Thompson has pled not guilty by reason of insanity claiming that he has Disassociation Disorder. After his arrest, Thompson was sent for a psychiatric evaluation in Pueblo.

In 2012, Thompson’s foster mother was sentenced to 60 days in jail for lying to police about Thompson’s whereabouts in order to help him flea the state.

http://kdvr.com/2013/03/05/young-victim-in-sex-assault-points-to-accused-attacker-during-trial/

I'm glad the little angel had courage to step up and face her attacker. William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO Empty Re: "Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO

Post by willcarney Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Defense: Sex assault suspect is not sane

Posted on: 11:29 am, March 7, 2013, by Thomas Hendrick, updated on: 02:24pm, March 7, 2013
DENVER — Defense attorneys at the trial of Bret Thompson tried to show Thursday that he has dissociative disorder and was not sane when he allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted an 8-year-old girl in 2011.

Thompson is accused of kidnapping the girl from her west Denver neighborhood, taking her to Aurora, sexually assaulting her and then dropping her off at a gas station.

He left Colorado and was arrested in New Jersey several days later.

Thompson has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. He faces charges of second-degree kidnapping and sexual assault on a child.

Dissociative disorder, which used to be called multiple personality disorder, is a condition where someone can develop alternative identities, often as a reaction to trauma and to help keep difficult memories at bay.

After his arrest, Thompson told police “When I went out that day, I was like someone else. Like a puppet on strings. I felt that breaking point.”

Thompson said he felt as if he was watching someone else commit the acts.

Thursday morning the doctor who evaluated Thompson, Dr. Peter Mayes, testified that Thompson “was dealing with dissociative disorder.”

“Under the definition under Colorado law, I don’t believe he was sane,” Mayes said.

Wednesday, Thompson’s foster mother Sylvia Luckett testified that he was always a troubled child.

Luckett told the jury that Thompson’s birth mother was a prostitute and that she allowed him to be sexually abused by her clients.

From the age of 3, Thompson was “fragmented,” Luckett said.

Closing arguments are expected on Friday after which, the jury will then decide on the charges.

Earlier this week, the victim in the case testified against Thompson describing her attack.

http://kdvr.com/2013/03/07/defense-sex-assault-suspect-is-not-sane-not-guilty/

Sane or not I think he should be castrated. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:09 am

William you are so right! At the very least any violent offender offering an insanity plea should be incarcerated for the maximum time a "sane" person would get for the crime, even if it is in a prison hospital.

The idea should be to protect others from being assaulted by this individual. He is a danger to society and should not have the opportunity to ruin another person's life. judge1
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO Empty A Denver jury recently convicted the suspect, Bret Thompson

Post by willcarney Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Mother shares story of effects of little girl’s kidnap, sexual assault
Posted on: 10:34 pm, April 11, 2013, by Tammy Vigil
For the first time, the mother of a little girl kidnapped and sexually assaulted nearly two years ago, speaks out about her family’s nightmare.

A Denver jury recently convicted the suspect, Bret Thompson, of second-degree kidnapping and sexual assault on a child.

The victim’s family says they wouldn’t have made it through the ordeal without the help of the Denver Children’s Advocacy Center.

“It’s something very sad for me, to go back, to think what happened to her,” says the girl’s mother, who spoke through a Spanish interpreter and wishes to remain anonymous to protect her daughter.

Nearly two years later, it’s still difficult for her to speak of her daughter’s abduction from a Denver alley.

The 8-year-old was taken by a stranger to the garage of his home, where he made her undress and sexually assaulted her. The girl in court said he “pushed his man parts on my private parts.”

“There are moments she starts crying. She’s sad. She’s in her bedroom she doesn’t want to speak to anyone and that hurts a lot,” says the girl’s mom.

So her mom brings her to the Denver Children’s Advocacy Center at 2149 Federal Blvd.

“The way she was before and the way she is now is 100% better…She feels safe when she comes to therapy she comes out happy,” she says.

This is also the place where the justice system built its case against the suspect—with an interview in which the victim gave such specific details about her abductor, police soon tracked him down.

“I feel I give them the arena to let justice be served. So that what makes me feel good about it, when I get the information to aid in the investigation,” says forensic interviewer Jodi Byrnes.

They’re also helping the victim’s mother who had thoughts of suicide after the assault.

“I need be strong for my daughter because my daughter needs me. If I’m not okay, she’s not okay,” she says.

This mom knows she and her daughter have a long road of healing ahead of them, bht she says the Center has given her a second chance to dream.

“That’s the future I hope for her, that she continues studying. She gets married and has kids. That’s what I hope,” she says with a smile.

Since the assault, the victim gets angry when she sees a child walking or playing alone. She says to her mom about their parents, “Don’t they see how the world is?”

That is the victim’s mother’s advice to other parents–take care of your kids, watch over them and never let them walk to school alone.

Thompson could be sentenced to life in prison next month.

http://kdvr.com/2013/04/11/mother-shares-story-of-effects-of-little-girls-kidnap-sexual-assault/

He still should be castrated. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

"Jane Doe" - 8 yo/ Accused: Bret Lee Luckett Thompson ☼BOLO☼-Denver CO Empty Man who kidnapped, sexually assaulted young girl sentenced

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Man who kidnapped, sexually assaulted young girl sentenced to at least 24 years
DENVER – A man convicted of kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl was sentenced to at least 24 years in prison Thursday.

Bret Lee Thompson, 28, was convicted of snatching the victim from an alley on June 2, 2011, driving her to his Aurora home and assaulting her. He then dropped her off at a gas station.

“My daughter has been marked by this and will be the rest of our lives,” the victim’s mother said Thursday. “She will no longer be able to live a normal life now.”

During the trial, the victim took the stand, pointing out Thompson as the man who had attacked her.

Thompson, who pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity due to a dissociative disorder, wrote a letter to the judge in the case in an apparent attempt to apologize. The letter included a few poems and a note.

“I’ve never seen a confession like this,” Judge Morris Hoffman said. “I think he is truly remorseful. I think he knows he should have gotten treatment.”

Thompson will serve 18 years for second-degree kidnapping followed consecutively by an indeterminate sentence for sexual assault of a child. In order to be released, a parole board must determine that he is no longer a danger to society.

In 2012, Thompson’s foster mother was sentenced to 60 days in jail for lying to police about Thompson’s whereabouts in order to help him flee the state.

http://kdvr.com/2013/05/30/man-who-kidnapped-assaulted-young-girl-sentenced-to-at-least-24-years/

At least some justice is done. But any child rapist should castrated. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down