Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL

5 posters

Go down

MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL Empty MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:20 pm

4-Week-Old Clings To Life After Brutal Beating

POSTED: 8:21 pm EDT July 12, 2011
UPDATED: 1:27 am EDT July 13, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police
have accused a local man of shaking his 4-week-old son so badly that the
child's ribs broke, his skull cracked and he may have permanent brain
damage.Investigators said it is the worst case of child abuse they've seen in decades.The child's maternal grandmother, Ingris Viscaino, said the child is on a ventilator at Florida Hospital Orlando.His
injuries are so severe that the Department of Children and Families
isn't taking custody of the child, because they don't know if he'll make
it.The boy's family said they believe the young father didn't intentionally hurt his son."I believe in my heart, he didn't mean to hurt him, that it was an accident," Viscaino said.She
is trying to be supportive, even though her grandson is near death, and
the boy's father, Ivan Charles, is accused in the brutal beating."It's an unfortunate accident. He's a great dad. He took care of Malaki really well," she said.Police said the injuries suggest otherwise."Multiple skull fractures, bleeding in the brain," Cmdr. Jason Sampsell said.The
boy also has a broken arm, broken leg and eight fractured ribs.
Detectives said they resulted because the baby was fussy while his mom
was away running errands.Charles told officers he blacked out and snapped."He
says after shaking him five to seven seconds, he threw him, and the
child landed on the couch, then hit the floor with a thud," Sampsell
said.It wasn't until five hours later when the boy started seizing, that the couple took him to the hospital."I think he just lost control," Sampsell said.The baby's family said only Charles knows what happened and will have to live with it. They're hoping for a miracle for Malaki."We do not approve, of course. The baby got hurt," Viscaino said. "We just pray Malaki gets well soon and comes home."Viscaino
said she was told Malaki could be off the ventilator by Friday. Doctors
said scans of the boy have been revealing more and more injuries.Investigators said they questioned the father twice before he confessed to what happened.

http://www.wesh.com/news/28527726/detail.html#ixzz1S1CoP9EP
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL Empty Re: MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Father Accused In Brutal Beating To Face Judge

4-Week-Old Clings To Life After Beating

POSTED: 5:58 am EDT July 13, 2011
UPDATED: 6:56 am EDT July 13, 2011

A father accused of brutally beating his 4-week-old son will make his first appearance before a judge on Wednesday morning.

Ivan Charles, 23, is accused of shaking his son so hard that the child's ribs broke, his skull cracked and he may have permanent brain damage.

Investigators said Charles admitted to them that he blacked out and beat the child because he was fussy. Detectives said it is the worst case of child abuse they've seen in decades.

The child's maternal grandmother, Ingris Viscaino, said the child is on a ventilator at Florida Hospital Orlando.

His injuries are so severe that the Department of Children and Families isn't taking custody of him, because they don't know if he'll make it.

The boy's family said they believe the young father didn't intentionally hurt his son.

"I believe in my heart, he didn't mean to hurt him, that it was an accident," Viscaino said.

Police said the injuries suggest otherwise.

"Multiple skull fractures, bleeding in the brain," Cmdr. Jason Sampsell said.

The boy also has a broken arm, broken leg and eight fractured ribs.

Detectives said they resulted because the baby was fussy while his mom was away running errands.

"He says after shaking him five to seven seconds, he threw him, and the child landed on the couch, then hit the floor with a thud," Sampsell said.

It wasn't until five hours later when the boy started seizing, that the couple took him to the hospital.

"I think he just lost control," Sampsell said.

The baby's family said only Charles knows what happened and will have to live with it. They're hoping for a miracle for Malaki.

"We do not approve, of course. The baby got hurt," Viscaino said. "We just pray Malaki gets well soon and comes home."

Viscaino said she was told Malaki could be off the ventilator by Friday. Doctors said scans of the boy have been revealing more and more injuries.

Investigators said they questioned the father twice before he confessed to what happened.

http://www.wesh.com/news/28527726/detail.html#ixzz1S1CoP9EP
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL Empty Re: MALAKI CHARLES - 4 Weeks/ Accused: Ivan Charles (father) - Orlando FL

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:06 pm

The boy's family said they believe the young father didn't intentionally hurt his son.

"I believe in my heart, he didn't mean to hurt him, that it was an accident," Viscaino said.

How can these people make excuses for this POS?

Guess he feels like a big he man, beating a newborn infant within an inch of his life.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by plaidlined Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Multiple skull fractures. Bleeding in the brain. Broken arm. Broken leg. Eight fractured ribs.

Suspect's grandmother:

"An accident happened, unfortunately, but he's a great dad. He's a great dad."

She said it in all earnestness. With a straight face. Perhaps she doesn't know what the word "accident" means.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/r/28530426/detail.html

plaidlined
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 am

Great Dad? Great Dad? Are you f'ing kidding me?
This was a NEWBORN...Hello...McFly?!
What the hell is in the water in Ore-Lawn-dough?
I stayed there several days and never got the urge to hurt a child.
Maybe it takes longer for that to settle in on ya?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by lovinourgrandkids Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 am

plaidlined wrote:Multiple skull fractures. Bleeding in the brain. Broken arm. Broken leg. Eight fractured ribs.

Suspect's grandmother:

"An accident happened, unfortunately, but he's a great dad. He's a great dad."

She said it in all earnestness. With a straight face. Perhaps she doesn't know what the word "accident" means.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/r/28530426/detail.html
OMG....After all that, how could anyone just say.."Oh he is a great dad." What is wrong with people, that grandmother must not know what a great dad is...unreal. And only 4 weeks old, if this baby lived I sure hope he wasn't returned to anyone in his family!
lovinourgrandkids
lovinourgrandkids
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 am

let me lose control and make him cry!!

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down