Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: a ‘Dr. Phil’ finale, but a story that doesn’t end - Ha;

Go down

Casey Anthony: a ‘Dr. Phil’ finale, but a story that doesn’t end - Ha; Empty Casey Anthony: a ‘Dr. Phil’ finale, but a story that doesn’t end - Ha;

Post by mom_in_il Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Casey Anthony: a ‘Dr. Phil’ finale, but a story that doesn’t end
posted by halboedeker on September, 18 2011 12:55 PM

Dr. Phil McGraw offers the third part of his interview with George and Cindy Anthony on Monday.

The couple will discuss the trial of their daughter Casey Anthony, who was acquitted in July of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. One highlight, from the preview: McGraw will ask Cindy Anthony about allegations that she perjured herself. “Dr. Phil” airs at 3 p.m. weekdays on WOFL-Channel 35.

I heard from many readers who rejected the view of Bill Shine, Fox News executive vice president of programming. He offered a theory to me about why the Anthony saga gripped America: “It was a story, in terms of Americans and people who work in news, that surprised everybody. The reason I think it became what it was is because ‘Oprah’ is off the air. People across the country, especially many women, were searching for a story in that time period.”

But many readers told me, after I posted that comment, that the Anthony trial and its outcome were more than just another TV program. Many readers say it was a story about justice, families and responsibility — or the lack thereof — and a far bigger deal than “Oprah.”

Of course, the TV appearances by George and Cindy Anthony might have confused matters. Many programs interviewed the Anthonys about their grief, but that wasn’t the main issue in a little girl’s death.

Still, we’ll listen to learn if George and Cindy can provide any insight about the Anthony family. What a strange clan. I keep wondering: Do the appearances by George and Cindy shed light or muddy the issues?

The Anthony story is going to be with us a long time, as the good ratings for “Dr. Phil” suggest.

More: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/09/casey-anthony-a-dr-phil-finale-but-a-story-that-doesnt-end.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down