Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Casey Anthony Boycott Reasonable? - Fanning

Go down

Is the Casey Anthony Boycott Reasonable? - Fanning Empty Is the Casey Anthony Boycott Reasonable? - Fanning

Post by mom_in_il Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Monday, October 3, 2011
Is the Casey Anthony Boycott Reasonable?

Excerpt:

When I first heard of the effort to boycott any books or movies connected to Casey Anthony, her family or her defense team, I thought that it was a good idea. Who wanted the person responsible for Caylee Anthony's death or her allies to make money off of it? There were a few people who indicated that I should be donating all the proceeds from my book to a missing child non-profit or to Texas Equusearch. I didn't think they understood my job and how I earned a living but that was okay. If they didn't want to buy my book, that was their choice.

After the verdict, however, it seemed to take a shift that struck me as unfair, hypocritical and bizarre. Many boycott proponents were saying that anyone who wrote a book was taking blood money. That bugged me a lot. After all, my book, Mommy's Little Girl, came out in November 2009. I wrote it as a voice for Caylee, an exploration of the truth and a cry for justice.

I didn't really mind that some people didn't want to buy my book. I'm not delusional enough to think that everyone would or should. It did bother me, though, that they were dumping me into the same category as Casey, her parents and Jose Baez. That seemed blatantly unfair.

More: http://dianefanning.blogspot.com/2011/10/is-casey-anthony-boycott-reasonable.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down