Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS

3 posters

Go down

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS Empty LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:54 pm

http://articles.kwch.com/2011-11-30/critical-condition_30461069

(WELLINGTON, Kan.) — A 2-year-old Wellington girl is in critical condition with head trauma. Around one Wednesday morning, the girl's mother and a 23-year-old man took the girl to the Sumner County Regional Medical Center. Her injuries were so bad, she was transported to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.

Once at Wesley, doctors contacted Wichita police about the extent of the girl's injuries. Wichita police called Wellington Police and they took the 23-year-old man in for questioning.

Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath says Wednesday they conducted a search warrant at a home in town. Afterwards they arrested the 23-year old and booked him into jail for aggravated battery and child abuse.

Heath says the man under arrest is not the girl's father, but wouldn't say what the relationship waa with the girl. He also wouldn't comment when asked if police had ever investigated child abuse with this 2-year-old before.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS Empty Re: LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 pm

UPDATE: Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Wellington toddler has died from injuries in an apparent child abuse case.

Tracy Heath, Wellington police chief, tells KAKE news
the 2-year-old girl died shortly after noon Thursday in a Wichita hospital.

The child was taken to the Sumner
Regional Medical Center Tuesday night, after an incident in a
Wellington home. She was later transported to Wichita in critical
condition, suffering from severe head trauma.

"The child has been on life support since being
admitted to Wesley. Unfortunately today, we received the news that
shortly after lunch, the child had passed away," said Heath.

Officers arrested a 23-year-old man on one count of
aggravated battery and one count of child abuse Wednesday. Officials
said the man is a boyfriend to the child's mother

The suspect's name is not being released pending formal charges.
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Wellington_Man_Questioned_In_Child_Injury_Case_134824433.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS Empty "Toddler Jane Doe" - 2 yo/ Accused: Spencer Weikal - Wellington/ Wichita KS

Post by kiwimom Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Wellington man charged in death of little girl

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS Story

WELLINGTON, Kansas -- A 23-year-old Wellington man is charged with the death of 2-year-old girl.
The girl died Thursday afternoon from severe head trauma at Wesley Medical Center.
Police say Spencer Weikal faces charges of first-degree murder, child abuse and aggravated child endangerment.

WICHITA, Kansas -- A 2-year-girl has died from injuries she suffered from what police call a case of child abuse.
Now the mother's boyfriend is behind bars accused of the crime.
“It’s all disgusting to me because babies can't help themselves,” said Melody Brown, whose grandson played with the girl
Brown is tearful, sad and angry to hear the news.
"I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, and I feel for all of the parties involved."
Wellington police say they were alerted early Wednesday morning of a possible child abuse case.
The little girl was taken to Sumner Regional Medical Center and later transported to Wesley Medical Center with severe head trauma.
"Anytime you're talking about a child you certainly don't want to hear about these cases,” said Tracy Heath, Wellington’s police chief.
Police arrested the 23-year-old boyfriend of the girl's mom in connection to the case.
The couple lived at an apartment in Wellington, but police believe the child was abused at the home of an acquaintance.
"The mom was at work and the 2-year-old child was left in this 23-year-old’s care,” said Heath. “We are still investigating and we are trying to follow all leads that we're getting at this point in time.”
Investigators say there were others at home, but they were all asleep. They say there's enough evidence to point the finger at the lone suspect.
“That's why this gentleman was taken into custody, given the nature and suspicion of the injuries,” Heath said.
Meanwhile, neighbors are mourning and hoping that justice is served.
“I can't imagine anybody doing something like that, but i know it happens,” said Thad Myers, a Wellington resident. “Its just dispicable, horrible."
The suspect was being held on aggravated battery and child abuse charges. Attorneys planned to upgrade charges Friday morning.
http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Wellington-man-charged-in-death-of-little-girl/tzaSZ7P4sEayXbEQCZ0NMw.cspx
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS Empty Re: LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 am

Her name is Larrissa Foster.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:55 am

Why the secrecy about her name? At his arraignment little Larrissa was referred to as L F. I don't see the point of this.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 am

There are rumors that the mother has previously been charged with child abuse and that the injuries might have happened when she was with her baby. I'll be watching this one.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:12 am

Thanks Twink LARRISSA FOSTER - 2 yo (11/2011) - Wellington KS 325898
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:00 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Why the secrecy about her name? At his arraignment little Larrissa was referred to as L F. I don't see the point of this.

I have seen this in cases where there is evidence of sexual assault. It is a moot point now however that the child has died.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:Why the secrecy about her name? At his arraignment little Larrissa was referred to as L F. I don't see the point of this.

I have seen this in cases where there is evidence of sexual assault. It is a moot point now however that the child has died.
She was already dead when he was arraigned for murder. I'm sure they have a reason but it eludes me.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Larrissa Marie Foster.

Please add another R.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A preliminary hearing has been continued for a Wellington man accused of killing a toddler.

Spencer Weikal is charged with murder and child abuse in the death of Larrissa Foster. The 2-year-old girl was rushed to a Wichita hospital Nov. 29, 2011, but died of her injuries three days later. Investigators said the child’s injuries were so severe, it appeared she had been thrown off the roof of a house.

Prosecutors charged Weikal, the live-in boyfriend of the girl’s mother, with her death. Authorities said he was caring for Larrissa when she was hurt.

But Weikals’ family members are speaking out in his defense. Lori Armstrong, Weikal’s mother, said even Larrissa’s mother said he is innocent.

“The mother of the child lives with my family and she’s very adamant on speaking for Spencer’s defense,” Armstrong said. “She says he’s never ever been harmful to Larrissa.”

Debbie Murphy, Larrissa's grandmother, described her granddaughter as a happy child.

“She never cried, she never threw a fit,” Murphy said. “She was a good baby.”

Weikal’s preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for March 15.

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/139466768.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down