Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"John" HAAR - 3 yo - /Accused: John and Lisa Haar Fort Pierce FL

Go down

"John" HAAR - 3 yo - /Accused: John and Lisa Haar  Fort Pierce FL Empty "John" HAAR - 3 yo - /Accused: John and Lisa Haar Fort Pierce FL

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:37 am

Fort Pierce couple charged with child abuse after police investigation

• By Elliott Jones
  • TCPalm
  • Posted January 27, 2012 at 5 p.m.
updated January 27, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.
"John" HAAR - 3 yo - /Accused: John and Lisa Haar  Fort Pierce FL 520120127153117001_t160
John Haar

FORT PIERCE — Parents of a 3-year-old boy initially had a simple explanation for the large bruises on his buttock and thighs.

They told investigators he bashed into the corner of an entertainment unit when his bicycle fell after he turned too quickly around a corner in their apartment in the 400 block of Mades Drive.

Police and a state investigator didn't believe the couple.

The bicycle was 2 feet tall. The child was wearing diapers, according to police reports. The parents had various explanations for when the fall occurred.

The operators of the child's day care initiated the inquiry by calling the state Department of Children and Families about large bruises on the child's buttocks and top of his thighs.

On Wednesday police charged John Haar, 43, and Lisa Haar, 33, with one count each of child abuse for an intentional act that could result in physical or mental injury. A state investigator had a hunch the "bruises were inconsistent of marks that would be reasonable found on a child who fell while having a diaper on." The report also noted that some marks appeared to be from a belt.

The Haars agreed to go with police for questioning. The father began saying, "I really need help with my anger," according to police reports.

Both parents finally told police they spanked the child with a belt and their hands.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down