Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY

2 posters

Go down

DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Empty DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Heartless mother deserts two daughters, leaving them on Brooklyn sidewalk with extra diapers

'Mommy just left us on the sidewalk and drove away'

By NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Monday, January 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
Updated: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:00 AM
DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Image
Todd Maisel/New York Daily News

Domini and Dioni were left with extra diapers when their mom abandoned them.

The
hunt is on for a malevolent mom who deserted her two daughters, ages 3
and 5, on a Brooklyn sidewalk Sunday, leaving them each extra diapers
and a heartbreaking lesson in hard knocks.

“Mommy just left us on
the sidewalk and drove away,” the older girl told a Daily News
photographer just seconds after a good Samaritan found her and her
sister stranded on a bustling corner in Canarsie.

The girls were
bundled up in hooded down coats, wearing UGG boots and holding fresh
disposable diapers when they were found just before 3 p.m. in front of
the Bay View Houses on Shore Parkway, cops said.

“We don’t know
their identities yet,” a police source said. “They gave us their first
names and said their mom dropped them off.”

The older girl told cops her name is Domini and that her little sister, who said very little to police, is Dioni, a source said.

“We live in a blue house with flowers in front,” Domini told The News as cops took custody of her and her sister.

She
told cops she believed they lived on 53rd St., but could not recall
what neighborhood or borough they were from, according to the source.

The
sisters bore no obvious signs of abuse, but were taken to Brookdale
University Hospital for precautionary observation and are now in
Administration for Children’s Services custody.

Cops fanned out
in the area, going door-to-door hoping to identify the forsaken sisters
and track down their mother. Detectives were also scouring surveillance
video from the Bay View Houses and nearby buildings.

The older
girl told cops their mother’s name is Dalisha and she was driving a
white car, but she did not know the make nor model of the vehicle.

Cops
received a 911 call after an elderly couple found the children standing
at the busy intersection of Shore Parkway and E. 102nd St. with cars
zooming by, sources said.
DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Image
Domini (left) and Dioni with Officer Ed Centeno. (Todd Maisel/News)

“They were wandering up and down the sidewalk for a while, just playing by themselves,” said Michelle Davis, 43, of Brooklyn, who was visiting a friend at the Bay View Houses when the girls were found.

“It’s
horrible. How could you leave your own children out there?” Davis said.
“They’re babies and you just leave them out there like that?”

Domini
was dressed in a brown down jacket and blue jeans and had pink and
white beads in her hair. Dioni was wearing a pink down jacket and
matching pants.

The girls were not crying, but appeared confused as to why their mother would desert them on the streets.

The
state’s Abandoned Infant Protection Act allows parents of newborns up
to 30 days old to anonymously, and without fear of prosecution, drop
their infants off at a hospital, police stationhouse or firehouse.
The children, with Officer Bily Morales and Centeno. The identities of the kids are not yet known. (Todd Maisel/News)

Until
they know all the circumstances of why the children were abandoned,
cops would not speculate on what charges, if any, the mother could be
brought up on.

“I don’t know how anyone could do that to little kids like that,” said Lizzette Santiago, 38, a mother of three who lives at the Bay View Houses.

Santiago
said she learned of the abandoned sisters from cops who took them
door-to-door in the area. Like others in the housing project, Santiago
did not recognize the girls.

“I have three children of my own. I
felt really bad to see young children like that left on the street at a
really young age,” Santiago said. “It’s really messed up.”

As word of the sisters’ ordeal spread through the neighborhood, locals expressed shock and anger at their mother.

“If they find the parents, I hope they don’t give them back,” said Frances Ruiz,
27. “I hope those girls go to a wonderful home where people take care
of them, and I hope Mommy, whoever she is, gets prosecuted.”

Anyone with information on the girls is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.

Last edited by twinkletoes on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add last name)
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Empty Re: DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:13 pm

The good news is, she didn't murder them. WTH is wrong with people.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Empty Re: DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 pm

If the wrong person had gotten a hold of these two precious little girls, they would be forever missing and no one would ever have known about it. I'm glad kind hearted people found them instead.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 pm

I agree Twink. I'm so glad too that kind people found these girls. It must be so hard for them to know their mother just left them on the street. I agree with one of the neighbors and hope if they mother does show up that they don't give them back to her and they are placed in a safe, loving home. Such sweet babies.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Brooklyn mom's Facebook page updated with picture of someone hoisting champagne just hours after her toddlers were dumped on streetcorner

Dalisha Adams awaiting arraignment on two counts of child endangerment

By NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 3:27 AM

DOMINAE and DIANI ADAMS - 3 and 5 yo - /Accused: Dalisha Adams Brooklyn NY Image via Facebook
Uncaring
mom Dalisha Adams' Facebook page shows someone hoisting a bottle of
champagne just hours after her two adorable, young daughters were
abandoned on a Canarsie, Brooklyn, street.

dynasty2003/Via Myspace
Dalisha Adams

A Brooklyn mom's Facebook page was updated with a photograph of someone hoisting a bottle of champagne - hours after her toddlers were dumped on a streetcorner.

Cops were still canvassing Canarsie looking for the mom about 6:15 p.m. on Sunday when the photo of the pink bubbly popped up. It was an odd time for a celebration.

Two-year-old Dominae and Diani, 3, were found in front of the Bay View Houses about 2:40 p.m. Police say their mother, Dalisha Adams, abandoned them. The single mom was busted about 11 p.m. - more than four hours after the head-scratching Facebook post.

Adams, 26, was awaiting arraignment late Monday on two counts of child endangerment.

There was no signs of abuse, although neighbors said Adams often cursed at the kids and gave them a tongue-lashing hours before they were ditched.

The girls - bundled in coats and UGG boots and clutching diapers - were left down the street from where their grandmother lives.

But the grandmother said she had no idea they were there and found out only from the tots' story on the front page of the Daily News.

"I would have took them," said the grandma, Bertha Davia. "All she had to do was call."

Davia's son Shawn Cobbs is the girls' father. Adams has accused him of domestic violence several times.

On Sunday, he and Adams had an argument over the kids.

"She wanted him to take the kids, and he told her he didn't have a stable place to take the kids," Davia said. "She must have got mad, dressed them kids and brought them here."

(Todd Maisel/Daily News)

The toddlers (above) were wandering near Shore Parkway and E. 102nd St.
when two elderly women driving by spotted them and flagged down a police
car.

Officers Edgard Centeno, 44, and Billy Morales, 30, said the adorable preschoolers were bewildered.

"She left me and she drove off," Diani told them.

"They were calm but they were just huddled close together," Centeno said. "They were standing by each other very close. They were, I guess, a little afraid that they were alone."

The Administration for
Children's Services, which may have known the family because of the
domestic violence case, helped cops identify the girls.

About 10:10 p.m., police used a crowbar to open the door of the Breukelen Houses apartment where Adams lives with Dominae and Diani. An 8-year-old daughter was staying with her aunt.

Adams, a security guard, apparently heard through an intermediary that cops were looking for her
and walked into the 69th Precinct stationhouse sometime after 11 p.m.

A close friend said Monday she didn't believe Adams left the girls on the street, saying she doted on the children.

But a Breukelen Houses neighbor said the mom seemed at her wit's end.

"She was always yelling at the kids, ‘Shut the f--k up,'" said the neighbor.

"One day, I heard her curse out the little baby, ‘I'll punch you in the f-----g face.'"

She said she heard another blowup on Sunday, not long before the girls were found.

"A kid was crying," the neighbor said. "She was saying, ‘Stop crying. Shut the f--k up. I'm gonna get you out of here.'"

With Oren Yaniv

tconnor@nydailynews.com
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 pm

IMO those children need to be removed from this family entirely and placed in a new adoptive home. I know the grandmother said she'd take them but with her son saying he dones't have a stable home and a violent past, these precious girls need to go someone safe and loving. It is not with this family. This mother is another Casey Anthony but at least she didn't murder the kids. But before that happens, get them out of there!

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down