Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI

3 posters

Go down

"Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI Empty "Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:27 am

RACINE — A man charged with the 1999 death of an infant is back in jail again, this time accused of abusing a boy.

That 1999 death is still the subject of a criminal case in Racine County Circuit Court. On Wednesday Michael E. Westman Jr., 38, of the 5100 block of Wright Avenue, was charged with physical abuse of a child as a repeat offender as well as with three counts of felony bail jumping.

The criminal complaint said the alleged victim is a 4-year-old boy whose day care teachers noticed extensive bruising on his buttocks when they helped him use a restroom. The boy’s mother, who normally does not stop to talk to the day care staff, told teachers she had dropped a jar of jelly on the kitchen floor and the boy had slipped in it and fallen. But the boy told his teachers that Westman had spanked him with a belt for soiling his clothing, the complaint said.

Bond in this most recent case was set at $30,000 cash.

In the 1999 case Westman is accused of shaking his 4-month-old daughter and causing her death. Morgan Westman was taken to Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints hospital, 3801 Spring St., on March 22, 1999, by Westman and the child’s mother because the girl stopped breathing and was choking. She was transferred to Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin where she died on March 31.

Only severe shaking would have caused the type of brain injuries which the infant girl suffered, court records said. But Racine police said the death was never ruled a homicide so nothing happened for a decade. Then Westman’s name came up in another case, and an investigator took a second look at the death of Morgan Westman. Michael Westman was arrested and charged with first-degree reckless homicide and physical abuse of a child on Feb. 26, 2009.

He posted a $25,000 cash bond and was released, but he did not remain out of custody. Later in 2009 he was arrested and charged with stalking for harassing his ex-girlfriend, who was Morgan’s mother, and trying to attack her boyfriend. His sentencing on that case is scheduled for March 7. He has also accumulated a number of bail jumping charges for allegedly violating conditions of his bond.

In the current abuse case he faces a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison or a $40,000 fine, or both. If he is convicted in the 2009 homicide case he still faces a possible 50 years in prison or a $10,000 fine, or both.

Read more: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-accused-in-child-s-death-now-accused-of-abusing/article_1c4828b2-5ee3-11e1-b3a2-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1nMOtmArB
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI Empty Re: "Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:31 am

Lock this asshat up and throw away the key. He's got so many charges I had a tough time deciding where to put this thread.

I will leave it here for the moment and move when he's in court for the Murder.

Sheesh!
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

"Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI Empty Re: "Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 am

Any mother who lies to protect a man who is abusing her child needs to be put in prison. Please, please arrest this POS mother.

Another POS mother. Another POS boyfriend. Thank God not another dead baby. Yet.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 am

She must have known he had already murdered his own baby. Yet, she still allowed him to abuse her baby. Thank heavens the day care worker notified authorities.

The poor little children need strangers to look out for them, their own mothers are not.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo/ Accused: Repeat offender-Michael Westman Jr - Racine WI Empty "Toddler John" SCHURMAN - 4 yo (2/2012) Accused: Micahel Westman - Racine WI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

RACINE — A case of alleged physical abuse of a child has led to charges against the child’s mother.

In September of last year a worker from the county’s
Human Services Department told Amanda Schurman that her boyfriend,
Michael E. Westman, was not to have contact with her children and that
the conditions of his court bond forbade him from having any contact
with children, said the criminal complaint filed in court.

Westman is facing a homicide charge. The state says that
in 1999 he shook his 4-month-old daughter so hard that she suffered
fatal brain injuries. That case is still pending, and in late February
Westman was accused of beating Schurman’s 4-year-old son for soiling his
pants while being potty trained.

Schurman, 26, of the 3500 block of Meachem Road, allowed
contact with Westman on more than one occasion, the complaint said. She
now faces charges of obstructing an officer and failing to prevent
bodily harm to a child, the complaint said. If convicted of both crimes
she faces a maximum penalty of six years and nine months in prison or a
$20,000 fine, or both.

According to the criminal complaint Westman beat the boy
with a belt, causing extensive bruising on the boy’s buttocks. Schurman
told workers at the boy’s day care that she dropped a jar of jelly on
the floor and the boy slipped in it and fell, and she initially told the
same story to police, court records said. The boy told officers that
Schurman was in the room when Westman beat him, the complaint said.

Schurman’s initial court appearance on the charges is scheduled for March 20.

Read more: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/mom-faces-accusation-of-allowing-abuse/article_e13e48b8-691a-11e1-8440-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1oX6Vp0kI
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:55 pm

This story sounds familiar and I'm pretty sure I've read it on here already. This stupid mother should get more time when she's convicted. She knowingly allowed a baby killer into her home to hurt this child. I'm so sick of this garbage. Throw her arse in jail.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:59 am

I'm so glad they charged the mother. This needs to happen more frequently.

Maybe a stint in prison will teach mothers to be more discriminating in their choice of men and more diligent in guarding their children.

Probably not though. But at least they will be punished for caring so little about their children.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down