Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK

4 posters

Go down

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK Empty ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 am

Child found dead inside car during traffic stop

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK Lights_Emergency_t670
Courtesy newson6.com
Lights Emergency
By Don Bishop

An 18-month old girl is found dead inside a car during a Tulsa Police traffic stop.

Police stopped the car about 7 p.m. Sunday near 71st and South Lewis.

Two women also were inside the car, but no one has been arrested.

Police say the death is under investigation.

Last edited by twinkletoes on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK Empty Re: ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 am

Arrests Made After Baby Found Dead In Car

Updated: Mar 26, 2012 10:13 PM EDT

posted by: Kevin King

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 17258539_BG1
Mica Shoate is taken to the Tulsa County Jail.

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 17258539_BG2

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 17258539_BG3

Tulsa - Police say they have made arrests following the death of a toddler who was found dead in the back
seat of a car during a traffic stop over the weekend.

Tulsa's Channel 8 had a crew on the scene when one of the people was
taken to the downtown police station. We have learned that person is
22-year-old Mica Shoate. She was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on a
complaint of first-degree murder.

A second person, Jazmin Williams, has also been arrested, but it's unclear if she has been booked.

The arrests follow Sunday evening's discovery, which took place at about 7
p.m. near 65th and Lewis. Investigators say an officer stopped the
driver of the car after spotting erratic behavior. Once the officer
looked inside, he found an 18-month-old unresponsive and not breathing.

Officers performed CPR on the child before paramedics arrived and pronounced the toddler dead at the scene.

"When EMSA arrived they continued to try to
revive the child they were unable to revive the child the child was
pronounced dead by EMSA," says Corporal Scott Anderson.

Two women inside the car told investigators
they were on their way to the hospital when they were stopped. They told
officials the child was having difficulty breathing, they called 911
but an ambulance was not dispatched. Instead the women started heading
towards the hospital.

"The victim was cold to the touch and had some bruising and abrasions on his face," says Child Crisis Detective Heather Weakley.

The child was identified Monday as 18 month old Zamontay Green.

We have since learned that police say Zamontay died from blunt force
trauma to the head. Investigators say neither Shoate nor Williams are
related to the child and that the child's mother gave up custody last year.

"The mother had placed the baby in their custody and care," says Detective Weakley.

According to Shoate's facebook page the two women are in a relationship.

Tulsa's Channel 8 will continue to follow the latest developments and update this story as more details become available.

http://www.ktul.com/story/17258539/arrests-made-after-baby-found-dead-in-car
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK Empty Re: ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK

Post by twinkletoes Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 am

They were probably taking her to bury her somewhere. No telling how long it would have been before she would have been reported missing.

I'm glad they were stupid enough to get stopped by a cop who was on the ball. Many might have assumed the baby was sleeping.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am

Docs: Toddler's Body Temp 73 Degrees When Found During Traffic Stop
Posted: Mar 29, 2012 3:37 PM CDT Updated: Mar 29, 2012 4:06 PM CDT
Lori Fullbright, News On 6

TULSA, Oklahoma - Court documents reveal additional information about the death of Zimate Green, the murdered 19-month-old baby whose body found in a car during a traffic stop.

Green's parents live in Arkansas, but he lived in Tulsa with two women who were not relatives.

He was found dead in their car Sunday evening.

3/26/2012 Related Story: Women Arrested For Murder After Toddler's Body Found In Car

Court documents reveal details of Green's death.

A police officer pulled over Jasmin Williams and Mica Shoate for driving extremely slowly and erratically.

The officer says the women jumped out of the car screaming that a child was not breathing. An officer found Zimate lying in the backseat.

Records show the baby's inner-mouth temperature was 73 degrees and he had already come out of rigor mortis. His body showed multiple signs of abuse, including loop marks on his legs and bruises on his left and right cheeks and linear marks on his right cheek.

Documents show, Shoate told police, the child had been given to an unknown black female earlier in the week and the woman returned him a few hours before the car stop.

Police say the woman told Williams and Shoate the boy was "acting funny," so she gave him a bath and afterward, "he began to cough and spit up blood."

They say she told them she called 911, but an ambulance would not respond, so she put him in her vehicle to take him to the hospital.

Police say there was a 911 call, but EMSA was told it wasn't needed.

The medical examiner said the boy had been dead eight to 10 hours before the traffic stop.

Both women have been arrested for first-degree murder.

http://www.newson6.com/story/17288757/documents-show-murdered-baby-was-dead-8-10-hours
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Tulsa County prosecutors have filed child abuse murder charges against
two women after a little boy was found dead inside their vehicle during a
traffic stop.Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams also were charged
Monday with child neglect in connection with the March 25 death of
1-year-old Zamontay Green.Police say they stopped Shoate's car
that day because it was moving erratically. The women told the officer
they were trying to get Zamontay to a hospital.The state medical examiner's office says Zamontay had been dead at least eight hours before he was found unresponsive.Police say Zamontay isn't related to the women and was left in their care.Both remained in the Tulsa County jail. Court records didn't indicate if the women had retained attorneys yet to represent them.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/30824008/detail.html#ixzz1qzAln6PV
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Toddler found dead in back of a car by police last week, died from severe abuse and blunt force trauma to the head

April 3, 2012.
ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK Article-2124430-1273403C000005DC-572_634x626

A toddler found dead in the back of a car last week had been abused for months, according to detectives who discovered him with broken ribs, bad bruises and whip marks all over his body.

Nineteen-month-old Zamontay Green’s body was found on March 25 when police in Tulsa, Oklahoma pulled over a car being driven erratically.

Driver Mica Shoate and passenger Jazmin Williams, both 22, have been charged with murder and permitting child abuse and are being held on $1 million bail.

An autopsy revealed the toddler died from blunt force trauma to the head, but detectives say Zamontay had also suffered a a horrifying catalogue of injuries in the months before his death.

Zamantay Green, 19 months, who was found dead in a car stopped by police in Tulsa, Oklahoma on March 25

He had broken ribs, multiple bruises, subdural haemorrhage, abdominal trauma, and ‘loop marks’ on his legs, the result of being whipped with a rope.

Jazmin Williams and Mica Shoate claim they were driving the 19-month-old to hospital when their car was pulled over by police at 7pm.

They deny murder and insist they’re innocent of abusing the toddler – but their revelations to police paint a bleak and tragic tale of Zamontay’s short life.

They claim the toddler had been left in their care by his mother, before she fled the state several months ago – but that a fourth, unknown woman had been caring for him before his death.

Mrs Shoate told police she and Jazmin Williams sought help on March 25th after they found Zamontay ‘acting funny’ and spitting up blood in their apartment.

Thirty minutes before the traffic stop, one of the pair called emergency services claiming Zamontay was having difficulty breathing. They refused to reveal their location, insisting they would drive the toddler to hospital. Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams, with Zamontay But when they were stopped by police, officers say Shoate was driving erratically and between 5 and 10 miles per hour.

Zamontay was found unresponsive in the back of the car. An emergency crew tried to revive him but quickly established he had been dead for some time.

‘The victim had been deceased for several hours due to the victim’s inner mouth temperature of 73,’ a police affadavit reveals.

Officers questioned the two women and searched their apartment before arresting and charging them on March 26.

‘Their stories didn’t match the physical evidence, … (and detectives) were confident they were not being forthcoming,’ Police Cpl. Greg Smith told the Tulsa World newspaper.

http://blacklikemoi.com/2012/04/black-news-2/toddler-found-dead-in-back-of-a-car-by-police-last-week-died-from-severe-abuse-and-blunt-force-trauma-to-the-head/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I believe they were going to get rid of this poor little baby's body and he would have never been found.

I hope they are beaten daily in jail and prison.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 am

Two Tulsa Women Accused Of Child Abuse Murder Back In Court

Posted: May 14, 2012 8:50 AM EDT

Updated: May 14, 2012 8:50 AM EDT

Tulsa - The two Tulsa women arrested after a toddler was found dead in the backseat of a car in March are back in court Monday.

Mica Shoate, 24, and Jazmin Williams, 23, were charged with child
abuse murder and child neglect in the weeks after 18-month-old Zamontay
Green was found dead in their car.

Police pulled the pair over on March 25th for erratic driving on S.
Lewis and an officer found Zamontay unresponsive and not breathing.

The child could not be revived even after officers performed CPR.

An autopsy report reveals Zamontay died from a severe head injury.

Williams and Shoate said the boy was having problems breathing and they were taking him to the hospital, according to police.

The two women are reportedly friends of the baby's mother, watching him while his mother was moving to Arkansas.

Both pleaded not guilty during their arraignment on April 3rd and are
in court Monday for a preliminary hearing. Last week, both Williams and
Shoate were denied a bond reduction, according to court records.

Shoate is being held on $1 million bond, Williams is jailed on $100 million bond.

http://www.ktul.com/story/18372258/two-tulsa-women-accused-of-child-abuse-murder-back-in-court
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 am

I've never heard of a $100,000,000 bond. They must have some really strong evidence of very evil deeds by this POS that led to this poor baby's murder.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 am

twinkletoes wrote:I've never heard of a $100,000,000 bond. They must have some really strong evidence of very evil deeds by this POS that led to this poor baby's murder.

I know Twink. I thought $1 million was a lot. I'm glad. I hope they fry these murderers.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 am

Hi BabyJ. Haven't seen you for awhile. Nice to see you, ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 577177 ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 616541

Neither one of them should ever walk free again. ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 60262

I'm curious about the mother. Why would she let these two POSs care for her baby?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:41 pm

At least four prior complaints - three of them alleging abuse or neglect - had been made against the parents of a toddler who was found dead in his car seat during a traffic stop in March.
The complaints include the abandonment of a younger sibling, according
to a report released by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

At the time of the child's death, a petition to terminate parental
rights was pending for him and his two siblings, the report states.
Zamontay Green, who was 19 months old, was found dead in a car driven by
Mica Shoate and also occupied by Jazmin Williams, both 22. The car was
stopped by police on March 25 in the 6500 block of South Lewis Avenue
for driving erratically.

The two women have been charged with child-abuse murder and permitting
child abuse, and are each being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Prosecutors are waiting for a medical examiner's report before
proceeding with a preliminary hearing, which is scheduled for July 26.

The women told police they were the primary caregivers for the child while his mother lived in Arkansas.
The charges allege that Zamontay had been abused over a period of time and had been dead for hours before police found him.
Police say the women called EMSA about 30 minutes before the stop to
report that the boy had difficulty breathing, but the caller would not
give an address and said they would go to a hospital.

The child's injuries included a subdural hemorrhage, abdominal trauma,
broken ribs and multiple bruises, records show. Police say the toddler
had "loop marks" on his legs from being whipped. His death was caused by
blunt-force trauma to the head, officials say.

The women deny having committed the abuse. Shoate told police the
toddler had been in the care of an unknown person after his mother left
but before they took him in.

The mother and father, a registered sex offender, had been brought to
the attention of DHS on Feb. 7, 2011, and on Feb. 22, 2011, according to the DHS report.
The first complaint stated that the father was convicted of
second-degree statutory rape in 2006 when he was 18 and the victim was
his 14-year-old girlfriend. The caller stated that he had not registered
as a sex offender and did not allege any abuse or neglect of the children.

That report was "screened out," meaning no action was taken by DHS.

The next referral alleged that the parents - who are not named in the
DHS report - were abusing drugs, engaged in domestic violence and
living in a filthy home, with their children sleeping on top of trash on the floor.
A DHS caseworker initiated an assessment the following day, but the
address provided was wrong. The worker found a valid address the next
day but discovered the family had been evicted and left no address, the DHS report states.

The children were too young for school and not enrolled in licensed
child care. The workers attempted several more times to locate the
family, but the report was closed on March 9, 2011, as "unable to locate."

On March 16, 2011, DHS received a report that Zamontay's sibling had
been abandoned and was living with a relative, and that the child might
have been injured earlier by a sex offender living with the mother.
The worker found no injuries on the child, who was living safely with
family members, so no action was taken, the DHS report states.

In December last year, a referral was made regarding a younger sibling
who was hospitalized after living with a friend of the family and then a
relative. The child was placed in emergency custody of DHS, which
recommended that a "deprived-child" petition be filed by a prosecutor
for court-ordered intervention.

While investigating the younger sibling's situation, a DHS worker was
trying to find Zamontay and an older sibling, the DHS report states. The
children were located Jan. 3 living in separate households with family
members or friends.

According to a Jan. 4 court filing, the older sibling was found in the
care of a relative who said legal guardianship was being sought, and DHS
recommended no juvenile court intervention.

Zamontay was found living safely with Williams and had been living there
for more than two months, the DHS report states.
DHS recommended that a deprived-child petition be filed for Zamontay
and that he be placed in emergency custody.
"However, no order of (DHS) custody or supervision pertaining to Zamontay
was found in the court record," the DHS report states.

Tulsa prosecutors filed a deprived-child petition for Zamontay and his
two siblings on Jan. 4, requesting that the rights of the parents be
terminated immediately, an emergency order be issued and the children
remain in DHS custody until an adjudication hearing is held.

No parents were present at a Jan. 5 filing announcement hearing. The
adjudication hearing for the petition on Jan. 11 was delayed until Feb.
15 because the parents had not been served with notice of the court
proceedings. It was again delayed until March 28 to give more time for
the parents to be served.

"No written reports or recommendations were submitted since the petition
was still in pending status awaiting adjudication," the report states.
"The emergency order on the younger sibling was extended."
DHS did not have prior investigations about Zamontay living with
Williams and Shoate. He was the only child known to be living with the two.

"It is a tragedy anytime a child dies, and the death of little Zamontay
Green was particularly heartbreaking for all of those involved in this
case," DHS spokeswoman Sheree Powell said in a written statement. "It is
our priority to protect children, and our staff grieves anytime a child is lost.

"We reviewed the chain of events surrounding our involvement with
Zamontay, the court system and others. Based upon what we learned, we
have provided additional training to staff on how to handle children's
cases with different levels of court involvement.

"We have also enacted protocols to improve communication between all the
parties involved including our staff, district attorneys, children's
attorneys and the courts."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20120630_11_A1_CUTLIN831383
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Read the complete official DHS report at this link:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/DHSZamontay.pdf
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Bottom line: Another child dead due to poor decisions by DHS case workers
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:46 pm

When the system is broken or doesn't work, the children suffer and die.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 am

Two Women Charged With Child Abuse, Murder To Go To Trial

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 4:51 PM EDT

Updated: Jul 26, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

ZAMONTAY GREEN - 18 months (3/12) - / Convicted: Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams Tulsa OK 19124140_BG1
Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams.

TULSA, Oklahoma -
The preliminary hearing was held Thursday for the child abuse murder case against two
women, in the death of a 19-month-old child found inside a vehicle
during a traffic stop. A judge ruled there is enough evidence for the
women to stand trial.

Jazmin Williams and Mica Shoate will next appear in court for arraignment on August 6.

The women were arrested in March after police
pulled them over for driving slowly and erratically. The officer said
the women jumped out of the car, screaming that a child was not
breathing. The 19-month-old, Zamontay Green, was found dead inside the
car.

According to the medical examiner, the child had been dead for eight to ten hours, and the body showed other signs of abuse.

Green's parents lived in Arkansas, but he lived in Tulsa with the two women who were not relatives.

3/29/2012 Related Story: Docs: Toddler's Body Temp 73 Degrees When Found During Traffic Stop

http://www.news9.com/story/19124140/preliminary-hearing-set-for-two-women-charged-with-child-abuse-murder
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:13 am

I just keep thinking, had the traffic stop not occurred, we would have another missing baby who would have been missing for perhaps decades.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:08 am

Tulsa Women With Dead Toddler In Car Found Guilty Of Murder

Posted: Mar 06, 2014 6:14 PM EDT Updated: Mar 07, 2014 10:24 AM EDT
Tess Maune, News On 6

TULSA, Oklahoma -

He was an innocent little boy who prosecutors say had no one. After a three-hour deliberation, a jury found the two women who were supposed to be caring for the toddler guilty of murdering him.

The Assistant District Attorney said 19-month-old Zamontay Green was basically tortured to death with long-term abuse, and for that jurors want the two women responsible to go to prison for the rest of their lives.

"He had been kicked, he had been punched, he had been struck with cords, he had been struck with belts," said Tulsa County prosecutor Sarah McAmis.

At 19 months old, Green knew nothing but horrific abuse, according to McAmis.

"He literally had injuries to every part of his body. All sides of his head, and face, and back, and arms and abdomen. His eyeballs were bruised," McAmis said.

She said Green's biological parents didn't want him, so they gave him to Jazmine Williams and Mica Shoate. He had been living with the women for several months when Tulsa Police officer Mitchell Helberg discovered his lifeless body in the backseat of Williams' and Shoate's car during a traffic stop.

"I felt his foot and it was so cold, it was very cold. I moved my hand to his heart and I felt nothing," Helberg said.

He performed CPR but it was too late, Green was gone. The medical examiner said he was killed by a major blow to the head. Prosecutors believe the toddler had been dead for hours before police found him.

"So he was struck with such force in his head that it caused a massive injury and caused him to die," McAmis said. "These women chose, for hours, to stand by and literally watch as he died a horrible death."

The defense attorney suggested the boy had a history of seizures and said what appeared to be cuts and bruises could be explained by how a child looks after death. Throughout the trial, Williams and Shoate sat emotionless, until the verdict was read.

"They never cried when we showed the pictures of his body, they only cared about themselves and how they are going to be punished," McAmis said.

Helberg said, "It's so hard to look at a little boy that is so innocent and then to just look at evil."

Now with two guilty verdicts, prosecutors and police say Green finally has justice.

http://www.newson6.com/story/24909140/women-found-with-dead-toddler-in-car-found-guilty-of-murder
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:26 am

Mica Shoate, Jazmin Williams given life sentences for convictions in toddler's 2012 death

11:15 AM, Apr 14, 2014
11:39 AM, Apr 14, 2014

TULSA - Two women convicted in the death of a toddler will spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Last month, a jury found Mica Shoate and Jazmin Williams guilty of child abuse murder and neglect of 19-month-old Zamontay Greene.

In March 2012, police stopped the women's vehicle and found Greene's body in the back seat.

On Monday, a judge handed down life sentences after asking both women if they wanted to speak.

Williams' attorney spoke on his client's behalf, saying she loved the toddler. 
Her co-defendant opted to speak briefly.  Shoate told the judge, "I'm innocent."

The judge said he appreciated the women's comments but they both had to take responsibility for their convictions.

The women were sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Family members of one of the defendants say they're disappointed and will appeal the conviction, which they have 10 days to do

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/mica-shoate-jazmin-williams-given-life-sentences-for-convictions-in-toddlers-2012-death
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 am

But for a chance traffic stop these two monsters would have gotten away with murdering this poor baby.

I've still never seen another case where the bond was 100 million.  Must have been some gruesome details we don't know.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down