Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green- Bronx/NYC NY

3 posters

Go down

SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green-  Bronx/NYC NY Empty SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green- Bronx/NYC NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

A 23-year-old Bronx man was arrested on Sunday and charged with
murdering his companion’s 22-month-old daughter, the police said. The
city medical examiner’s office said she had been beaten to death.
The man, Ramel Green of Clay Avenue, was charged with second-degree
murder in the death of the toddler, Sanaa Brewington, who was found in
her mother’s apartment at 820 Colgate Avenue in the Bronx on Saturday,
the police said. The girl had blunt impact injuries on her body and cuts to several
internal organs
, according to a spokeswoman for the city’s medical
examiner. Mr. Green told investigators that he had fallen asleep next to the girl
and woke to find her unresponsive, the police said. The police said that Mr. Green was charged because he was alone with the
child when she was found to be unresponsive. They said they did not
know what might have provoked him. Sanaa’s grandmother, who also lives
in the Colgate Avenue apartment, called 911 around 3:30 a.m. on
Saturday, and the girl was pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center
about an hour later. Chris Moye, 19, who arrived at the building on Sunday afternoon, said
that he had known the mother, Brittany Carter, 18, since elementary
school and that Sanaa’s father was “not in the picture.” Mr. Moye said Ms. Carter was unemployed, was looking for a job and
planned to go back to high school. She had a “back and forth”
relationship with Mr. Green, and Mr. Green often cared for the child at
the apartment, Mr. Moye said. “He was a good person,” Mr. Moye said. “He took care of her like it was
his daughter. All the people in that house are good people. I don’t
think they hurt that baby.” Around 1 p.m. on Sunday, Ms. Carter and two others got out of a livery
cab outside her building. “She was my baby. I’m sorry I can’t talk to you,” said Ms. Carter, who
was crying as she entered the building. Several hours later, she entered the 43rd Precinct station
house to meet with police officers; she did not speak with
reporters. Shirley Osei, 70, a retired nurse who lives in the same building, said
Sanaa was “very cute.” “She was a beautiful child,” Ms. Osei said, “a very petite baby.” Another neighbor, Dora Osei, 38, a housekeeper who is not related to
Shirley Osei, said she often shook the baby’s hand when she saw her with
Ms. Carter. She said she was sad to hear of Sanaa’s death. “She’s liking the baby,” Ms. Osei said, referring to Ms. Carter. “I know
she’s liking the baby. She loves the baby and the grandmother loves the
baby, too.” “That woman was so happy to have a grandchild,” she said. “So happy.” Sharman Stein, a spokeswoman for the Administration for Children’s Services, the city’s
child welfare agency, said the agency was investigating the case but
declined to comment further.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green-  Bronx/NYC NY Empty Re: SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green- Bronx/NYC NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am

A Bronx man was busted Sunday for beating his
girlfriend's 22-month-old daughter to death when she wouldn't stop crying,
police sources said.
Ramel Green, 23, claimed he only hit little Sanaa Brewington once in the stomach - knocking
her off the bed - while baby-sitting her at her mother's Soundview apartment Saturday, sources said.
"I knocked her in the stomach with my elbow," Green said in a videotaped
confession read at his arraignment on murder charges. "She had her eyes open,
but she wasn't breathing."
The medical examiner said Sanaa suffered horrific blunt-impact wounds.
"The M.E. says the liver is really lacerated - the worst she ever saw," one
police source said.
Sanaa's mother was not home at the time of the attack. Grandmother Lashawn Carter said she should have
done more to save the child.
"I was trying to but I fell down," Carter told a neighbor. "I wish it was me
instead of her."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green-  Bronx/NYC NY Empty Re: SANAA BREWINGTON - 22 months (2010)/ Convicted: Ramel Green- Bronx/NYC NY

Post by MililaniGirl Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Toddler Death Ruled Homicide

by ELLYN MARKS | wpix.com
8:02 p.m. EDT, March 21, 2010

BRONX, N.Y. (WPIX)— Police say 22-month-old Senaa Brewington died at the hands of her mother's boyfriend. Ramel Green, 23, has been charged with 2nd degree murder in the beating death of the toddler, who was found unconscious early Saturday morning in the Bronx apartment she lived with her mother and grandmother. She was later pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center.

The medical examiner ruled the little girl's death a homicide after finding she had suffered blunt impact wounds to her torso, and lacerations of the liver and other organs.

Green told investigators he fell asleep while babysitting the child, suggesting he accidentally smothered her. But police didn't buy his story because of her injuries.

Longtime family friend Chris Moye told PIX News that Green often looked after the little girl, and treated her as if she were his own. "When he comes he takes care of the baby, babysits, takes the baby out, little stuff like that. When he has money he does for the baby what he can as well, never think he would do anything like that, ever," Moye said.

"I love that little baby," said neighbor Dora Osei. "I have four girls. I love children. I don't know why that can happen."

It's not yet clear what set off the accused killer, who has two prior arrests for trespassing and possession of marijuana.

The victim's 18-year-old mother, Britney Carter, has not been charged in the case.

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-toddler-killed,0,6018875.story
MililaniGirl
MililaniGirl

Job/hobbies : "Idiot Blogger"

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

'Rot in hell,' she says as Bronx man gets 18 yrs. for beating her baby girl to death
22-month-old wouldn't stop crying; woman's relatives say death would be 'too easy' for man who was her beau

By Kevin Deutsch / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, March 8, 2012, 9:53 PM

A Bronx man was sentenced Thursday to 18 years in prison for beating his girlfriend’s 22-month-old daughter to death when she wouldn't stop crying.

With 30 relatives of tragic Sanaa Brewington looking on, confessed killer Ramel Green walked into the courtroom wearing Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses — and said nothing as Bronx Judge Megan Tallmer sent him upstate.

“I hope you rot in hell,” Sanaa’s mother, Britney Carter, 20, told Green before the sentencing.

Sanaa’s grandmother, Lashaun Carter, said the baby killer should spend the rest of his life thinking about the brutal crime.

“People say he should be dead, but death is too easy for him,” said Carter, 37. “I hope every time he closes his eyes, he sees her.”

Green, 24, hit Sanaa in the stomach — knocking her off the bed — while babysitting her at her mother’s Soundview apartment on March 20, 2010.

The medical examiner said Sanaa suffered horrific blunt-impact wounds.

Green pleaded guilty to manslaughter last month as part of a plea deal. He originally faced 25 years to life on a murder charge.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rot-hell-bronx-man-18-yrs-beating-baby-girl-death-article-1.1035837#ixzz2udq4NCsB

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down