Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO

2 posters

Go down

AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO Empty AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

The family of this special needs teen is asking for your help to find
her. She left her Aurora, Colorado home on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at
5:45 pm and has not returned or made contact since.

AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO Missing+4

Her name is Amber Ansardi. She needs to have daily
medications. She is 18-years-old but functions at the level of a
7-year-old child, according to her family. They believe she may be
trying to make her way to Colorado Springs because her parents live
there.

Amber was last seen wearing a yellow hoodie, gray shorts, red athletic shoes and a multi-colored beaded necklace.

If you see her, call police immediately.
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Search_For_Missing_Special-Needs_Teen__158335845.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO Empty Re: AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO

Post by kiwimom Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 am

Developmentally disabled teen missing
Posted on: 5:31 pm, June 22, 2012,

AURORA, Colo. — Andrew and Ann Ansardi are searching for their missing daughter.

18-year-old Amber Ansardi walked away from an Aurora group home on June 6th and hasn’t been seen since.

“That’s our only child. That’s my baby. I just want her to come home,” Andrew said.

While Amber is 18, her parents say she has the mental capacity of an 8 year old.

”If you imagine it’s just like an 8-year-old child being out there on her own,” Andrew told us.

Amber left her home in the 3800 block of Quintero Circle with nothing more than the clothes on her back.

“We wonder where she’s sleeping, what she’s eating,” Ann said.

The Ansardis are frustrated because they claim it took Aurora Police more than 72 hours to start looking for her.

“Everyone I spoke to said she’s 18, she’s a runaway, and I kept trying to tell them she’s not a normal 18-year-old girl.

Andrew said he finally contacted a lieutenant at the police
department, who took an interest in the case and assigned a detective.

Aurora Police spokesperson Cassidy Carlson told us when the group
home notified police about Amber’s disappearance they failed to mention her disability.

“It was not relayed to us that she had developmental disabilities, which would have heightened our concern,” Carlson said.

Carlson said they are actively investigating the case.

Still, Amber’s parents fear too much time has been lost.

“With each passing day I feel the chances of her coming back are slipping away,” Andrew said.

Amber has short black hair and green eyes. She is 4 foot 11 inches tall and 120 pounds.

If you have any information about her, call the Aurora Police Department. Video at link:
http://kdvr.com/2012/06/22/developmentally-disabled-teen-missing/
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO Empty Re: AMBER ANSARDI - 18 yo (Special Needs) - Aurora CO

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:04 pm

when the group
home notified police about Amber’s disappearance they failed to mention her disability.

“It was not relayed to us that she had developmental disabilities, which would have heightened our concern,” Carlson said.

---I can understand, to a point, their hesitancy. HIPAA laws prevent disclosure of a person's medical stats. HOWEVER, they should have had prior permission from the guardians to release some of that information in the event of a situation like this.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down