Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: Linda Drane Burdick wanted to do a good job for Caylee - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: Linda Drane Burdick wanted to do a good job for Caylee - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: Linda Drane Burdick wanted to do a good job for Caylee - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Casey Anthony: Linda Drane Burdick wanted to do a good job for Caylee
posted by halboedeker on June, 11 2012 3:08 PM

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick looks mighty glamorous on the June cover of Orlando Home & Leisure. Colleagues raved that Burdick looks younger and slimmer than a year ago during the Casey Anthony trial.

Burdick agreed to appear in the magazine’s report on top female lawyers. A feature by Randy Noles recaps Burdick’s career before turning to the Anthony case. Kudos to Noles for getting any views from the reticent Burdick, who declined to discuss Anthony’s acquittal in her daughter’s death.

“I just wanted to do a good job for Caylee,” Burdick says. “During the trial, I watched and read absolutely nothing. I didn’t need to hear any more opinions.”

Burdick says she assigned the case to herself and recruited Jeff Ashton to join her.

Noles writes that Burdick “struggled to keep Ashton on an even keel” and cautioned him after he laughed during defense attorney Jose Baez’s closing statement.

“I told Jeff that he needed to calm down,” Burdick tells Noles. “What I recall him saying was, ‘You can’t force me not to be me.’ ” But she adds that she doesn’t believe Ashton’s reaction affected the verdict.

Burdick reveals that she hasn’t read ”Imperfect Justice,” Ashton’s book, and won’t. “I lived it,” she tells the magazine. “Nobody on the planet knows more about the case than I do, including Jeff.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/casey-anthony-linda-drane-burdick-wanted-to-do-a-good-job-for-caylee.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down