Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick unveil ‘fire and ice’ - Hal

Go down

Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick unveil ‘fire and ice’ - Hal Empty Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick unveil ‘fire and ice’ - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick unveil ‘fire and ice’
posted by halboedeker on August, 29 2012 6:33 PM

Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick are putting their acts together and taking them to the state attorney’s office.

And that act could be called “fire and ice,” Ashton said in describing their contrasting personalities.

State Attorney-elect Ashton announced that Burdick would be his chief assistant.

WESH-Channel 2 and WFTV-Channel 9 noted that Ashton and Burdick wouldn’t talk about the Casey Anthony case at a news conference Wednesday afternoon. They did discuss their admiration for each other.

“She’s a very tough, demanding boss,” Ashton said of her.

“I went for the best trial lawyer in the state attorney’s office,” he also said.

“We have very different personalities,” Burdick said. “One of my strengths … is organization. I think I can complement his style with mine and run an effective state attorney’s office.”

WESH anchor Jim Payne said: “Ashton said Drane Burdick will be defining the role of his top assistant and they do expect some bumps along the way.”

WFTV’s Kenneth Craig described the duo as “perhaps Central Florida’s most famous prosecutors who tried the biggest case it has ever seen, against Casey Anthony, but ended up with a not guilty verdict.” Anthony was acquitted last summer of murder in her daughter Caylee’s death.

What’s coming with Ashton in charge? “Both said the public can expect a dramatic change when Ashton takes over in January,” Craig said. “A lot of those changes have to do with hiring and firing employees.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/08/jeff-ashton-and-linda-drane-burdick-unveil-fire-and-ice.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down