Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jose Baez: My wife dismissed rumors about Casey Anthony romance - Hal

Go down

Jose Baez: My wife dismissed rumors about Casey Anthony romance - Hal Empty Jose Baez: My wife dismissed rumors about Casey Anthony romance - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Jose Baez: My wife dismissed rumors about Casey Anthony romance
posted by halboedeker on July, 15 2012 11:21 PM

Geraldo Rivera wanted to know where Casey Anthony is now.

“In Al Capone’s vault,” Jose Baez said, smiling broadly and ribbing pal Rivera.

“You dog, you dog,” Rivera said, guffawing. “You just think of that?”

It was an unusual moment on Sunday’s “Geraldo at Large” on Fox News Channel. Rivera quickly turned serious and said, ”I don’t mean to make light of this horrible, horrible case.”

Rivera opened up about his four-year friendship with Baez. Rivera said he had accurately warned that Baez’s critics would accuse the lawyer of an inappropriate relationship with client Anthony.

Baez said that his wife knew there wasn’t anything to the accusations. “She knew me. She knows I had worked very hard to become a lawyer,” Baez said. “She was very secure in our relationship, so that was never an issue.”

In an effort at balance during the Anthony segment, Rivera turned to another guest, prosecutor Anna Sigga Nicolazzi, and asked whether Anthony got away with murder. ”Yes, I think so,” she said. “Viewing it from the outside, she killed her daughter.”

Baez also promoted his book, “Presumed Guilty.” He said that through the book he wanted to get people to respect and understand the jury’s verdict. Anthony was acquitted of murder a year ago in her daughter’s 2008 death.

Rivera raved about the book: “It’s an excellent, excellent book, and I don’t say it just because I”m your friend.”

Baez had another platform to promote his book via an MSNBC documentary, “Defending Casey Anthony,” that premiered Sunday night. Baez said that the sum of the case was that a common accident (drowning) happened to uncommon people (the Anthony family).

Baez described Jeff Ashton as an unexpected ally in the case because the defense team knew the prosecutor would have trouble controlling himself. “Our goal was to give him enough rope to hang himself,” Baez said.

Baez also criticized Ashton for making tasteless jokes during the trial. “We called him our fourth chair, meaning he was really working for the defense,” Baez said.

What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/07/jose-baez-my-wife-dismissed-rumors-about-casey-anthony-romance.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down