Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ

5 posters

Go down

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Empty AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ

Post by angelm07 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 am

Autumn Pasquale Missing: 12-Year-Old New Jersey Girl Last Seen Riding Bike Saturday

10/22/2012   

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ S-AUTUMN-PASQUALE-MISSING-large
Autumn Pasquale
A 12-year-old girl disappeared on Saturday while riding herbike, and several agencies have been working night and day to find her.

Autumn Pasquale, of Clayton, N.J.,
was last seen leaving her home on a white Odyssey BMX bike at around12:30 p.m., the South Jersey Times reports. Her parents, upon realizingshe didn't make it to a friend's house, reported her missing at about9:30 p.m.

"It's not like her," said Pasquale's father, Tony. "She would havebeen home 11 o'clock this morning if she slept over a friend's house."

Hundreds of community volunteers, the FBI, city and state police have joined the search for Pasquale. Her phone is now either off or has run out of power, investigators told NBC.

She's described by posters on a Facebook page set up to help find her as blonde, 5-foot-2 and weighing 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing navy blue shorts underneath navy blue sweatpants, a yellow T-shirt with"Clayton Soccer" on front, and bright blue high-top sneakers.

Search and rescue bloodhounds haven't yet turned up any clues, the Christian Post reports.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please call the Clayton Police Department at 856-881-2300.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/autumn-pasquale-missing-12-new-jersey_n_2000692.html
angelm07
angelm07
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Empty Re: AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ

Post by angelm07 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 am

Autumn Pasquale case: Authorities find body believed to be of 12-year-old southern New Jersey girl missing since the weekend

The girl was reported missing from her Clayton home 9:30 p.m. Saturday, andhad been the subject of a large search over the last two days. An autopsy to confirm the body's identity will be conducted Tuesday morning by the Gloucester County Medical Examiner's office, officials said.

CLAYTON, N.J. - The body of a female was found in a recycling container in Clayton and preliminarily identified as that of a 12-year-old southern New Jersey girl missing since the weekend, officials said early Tuesday.

Bernie Weisenfeld, spokesman for the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office, said in a statement that the body was found 10 p.m. Monday by investigators with the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office. Officials did not say exactly where the body was found.

RELATED: AUTHORITIES STEP UP SEARCH

Autumn Pasquale was reported missing from her Clayton home 9:30 p.m. Saturday, and had been the subject of a large search over the last two days.

Weisenfeld said Pasquale's family has been notified of the discovery, which came a short time after a candlelight vigil was held for the girl.

An autopsy to confirm the body's identity will be conducted Tuesday morning by the Gloucester County Medical Examiner's office, officials said.

"This is a very sad day for the Pasquale family," Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean F. Dalton said in a statement. "Our hearts go out to the family and to all the residents of Clayton who stood together in support of this young girl."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-find-body-believed-missing-n-girl-article-1.1189958#ixzz2A7EpIw2d
angelm07
angelm07

Back to top Go down

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Empty Re: AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ

Post by willcarney Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Autumn Pasquale killing: Brothers were in plain sight; town mourns

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ 600
The service at Clayton Baptist Church was packed with those mourning the death of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale. (Mel Evans / Associated Press / October 23, 2012)

By Amy Hubbard
October 24, 2012, 8:28 a.m.

During the 48 hours of frantic searching for Autumn Pasquale, joined by hundreds of volunteers from her New Jersey hometown, the teenage brothers accused in her killing were sometimes to be found in plain sight.

They were at a vigil held Monday night in the small town of Clayton, spotted among those still hopeful of finding the 12-year-old alive, according to an Associated Press report. But it was later that night that the body of the 12-year-old was found in a recycling bin.

The pair were arrested Tuesday. Charges against the brothers, 15 and 17, include first-degree murder, disposing of a body and, for the 15-year-old, luring -- persuading Autumn to come into his house to trade BMX bike parts.

Autumn's friends were reportedly trying to come to grips with her killing.

"It feels like she is still here," RJ, a friend and classmate at Clayton Middle School told the Courier Post.

Tuesday night, more than 600 crowded the Clayton Baptist Church for an hourlong service for a girl said to have liked BMX bikes, skateboarding and Facebook.

Typically 12, Autumn wrote on a Facebook page, according to the Courier Post: “I like to hang out with my friends and ummmmmm listen to music and ummmmmmmmmmmmmm i play soccer yeppp thts about it.”

Her battered body was found in the bin behind a vacant house neighboring the house where the teen boys lived.

The names of the two brothers have not been released because they have been charged as juveniles. The Associated Press reports that Gloucester County prosecutor Sean Dalton will likely ask that their case be moved to adult court. They are set to appear in court Friday for detention hearings.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-autumn-pasquale-killing-20121024,0,2574287.story

Sad. The boys were 15 and 17. They had no regard for life.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Empty Her death has been ruled a homicide.

Post by willcarney Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Autumn Pasquale's death: Police charge 2 teenage brothers with murder

By South Jersey Times Gloucester County Times
on October 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM, updated October 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Two teenage brothers, ages 17 and 15, have been charged with murdering Clayton girl Autumn Pasquale, whose body was found in a recycling container outside of a house on East Clayton Avenue.

The boys, who have been identified by multiple sources as Dante and Justin Robinson, have been charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, disposing of a body, tampering with evidence and theft. The younger boy was also charged with luring.

Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton said the teens lured the 12-year-old girl to their East Clayton Avenue home where she was killed. An autopsy conducted Tuesday morning revealed Autumn died from "blunt force trauma, consistent with strangulation," Dalton said. He added that there was no evidence of sexual assault.

Her death has been ruled a homicide.

Dalton said the boys' mother informed law enforcement about information one of her son's posted on his Facebook account. Dalton would not elaborate or say which son posted it. Additional information led members of the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office to where Autumn's body was found.

Dalton said that information led to a search warrant for the East Clayton Avenue home — the house next door to where her body was dumped.

The owner of the home is listed on property records as Anita Robinson.

Inside the small white bungalow, police found some of Autumn's belongings including the white BMX bike Autumn was last seen on when she left her West High Street home Saturday afternoon around 12:30 p.m.

Dalton said the boys wanted parts from Autumn's bike and that she was lured into the house.

Authorities also found other physical evidence that led to the arrest of the two juveniles, Dalton said. He added that there was no evidence that the boys had previously known Autumn.

Dalton said the two boys were accompanied by their attorney Tuesday afternoon when they turned themselves in.

"Today we mourn the loss of a young girl named Autumn Pasquale whose life was tragically cut short before it really began," Dalton said. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to her parents and her family."

"It's my hope the arrest today provides a measure of closure (for the family) that the individuals responsible for their daughter's death will be held accountable," Dalton said.

The boys father told The Star-Ledger of Newark earlier Tuesday that he was interviewed about his sons' involvement in Autumn's disappearance.

Alonzo Robinson said his sons were known for stealing bikes in the neighborhood and police told him they found bike parts stockpiled in the basement. He said one of the boys had been previously charged for theft.

"I think someone wanted the girl's bicycle," Robinson said. "Maybe she wanted her bike and resisted, and one of them snatched her off a bike."

He said he has been divorced from his wife, Anita C. Saunders, for seven years, and has not had contact with his five children during that time.

Authorities were not clear if the boys would be charged as adults.

Autumn was reported missing Saturday night around 9:30 after she didn't return to her High Street home as expected. She did not specify where she was going.

The last bit of communication received was a text message Autumn sent at 2:27 p.m., Dalton said during a press conference Monday afternoon, however he did not say who the text was sent to.

During an impromptu press conference outside the First Presbyterian Church on Delsea Drive, Autumn's uncle Paul Spadafore addressed the crowd.

"We are all distraught, we we (the family) all just spoke and said out of evil will come goodness," Spadafore said. "And there is evil everywhere, even in the small town of Clayton."

Spadafore called Autumn a "precious, precious child."

"Our little angel Autumn has reached out to the world in a special way."

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/police_two_teenage_boys_charge.html
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Here's a few pictures. She was a gorgeous angel.

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Autumn-pasquale1
AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn3s6BN1UmnBVSlJ2D7N4UDcR2io8vWGQ2GpHj22QolTPL0h6clWwVCZQrlQ
AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ 2650-Autumn-Pasquale-12-of-Clayton-Missing-Since-Saturday
AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ 0
AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Autumn+Pasquale+1150715

My heart breaks and I shed a tear for the angel taken too soon.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks Will. I'll move this to murdered children thread. How sad.

My condolences and prayers for Autumn and her heartbroken family.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 pm

One of Autumn Pasquale's alleged killers was Facebook friends with her, and used the social network to invite her to his house just days before she disappeared, says a new report.

Pasquale, 12, initiated the Facebook conversation when she saw a photo that Justin Robinson, 15, had posted of his BMX motocross bike, New Jersey's Star-Ledger newspaper reports.

"Is that ur bike?" she wrote.

"Yeupp," he responded.

"Thts sexy!" Pasquale wrote.

"lol thxx," Robinson replied. "... yes. cme 2 my house."

Four days later, Pasquale went missing. Her body was found Monday in a recycling container next door to the boys' home in Clayton, N.J., just 17 houses away from where Pasquale lived. She had reportedly been strangled.

Another Facebook post by Davidson – which read "Might be moving :(" – led Robinson's mother to call the police on Monday, worried that her sons may have been involved in Pasquale's disappearance.

Justin and his 17-year-old brother Donte Robinson have been charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence, improperly disposing of a body and theft.

The Facebook conversation about the bike is particularly chilling, as Gloucester County prosecutors believe the brothers lured Pasquale to their home intending to steal her own BMX bicycle for parts.

Pasquale will be buried Saturday at Cedar Green Cemetery in Clayton. The Robinson brothers are due in juvenile court Friday for a ruling on their detention status.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20642162,00.html
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

AUTUMN PASQUALE - 12 yo - Clayton, NJ Empty Prosecutor moves to have suspects in NJ girl's slaying tried as adults

Post by willcarney Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Autumn Pasquale Murder: Prosecutor moves to have suspects in NJ girl's slaying tried as adults
(CBS/KYW) WOODBURY, N.J. - Prosecutors in the Autumn Pasquale case are applying to transfer two teen brothers accused in the 12-year-old's slaying to adult court, CBS Philadelphia reports.

Pictures: Body of missing NJ girl found

Two brothers, ages 15 and 17, are charged with the strangulation death of the Clayton, N.J. girl.

Police said Autumn disappeared on Oct. 20 riding her BMX bike in her neighborhood in Clayton, a town about 25 miles south of Philadelphia. She was allegedly lured into a house by the younger brother who told her he wanted to trade bike parts. Police said he and his 17-year-old brother killed the girl and put her body in the bin near their home.

According to CBS Philadelphia, prosecutor Sean Dalton said the gravity of the case warranted the transfer to adult court, where the brothers could face at least 30 years in prison without parole if convicted.

Complete coverage of Autumn Pasquale on Crimesider

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57544384-504083/autumn-pasquale-murder-prosecutor-moves-to-have-suspects-in-nj-girls-slaying-tried-as-adults/?tag=re1.channel

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/11/01/prosecutor-moves-to-have-nj-teens-tried-as-adults-for-autumn-pasquale-murder/

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10014268.html?tag=page

I hope she gets some justice.
William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Autumn Pasquale murder: Slain Clayton girl's father 'still in disbelief'

By Carly Q. Romalino/ South Jersey Times
on December 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Updated December 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM

CLAYTON — Autumn Pasquale didn’t drop subtle hints two months before her 13th birthday that she was eying a new bike.

She poked around eBay for weeks, searching for the right one, and mentioning it to her dad Anthony.

“You get me that bike yet, dad?” Autumn would joke, hoping her father would jump into the online auction and nab it for her.

“I said, ‘alright, I’ll wait for the auction. I’ll see if I can win this for you,’” Anthony Pasquale remembered.

In August, Anthony clicked “buy it now” on the website. The $200 white BMX bicycle was delivered, he put it together, took a photo of it with his phone and texted the picture to Autumn.

“I still have the text from August,” he said Wednesday in his living room, two months after his daughter’s body was found on Oct. 22 — strangled and dumped in a recycling container 17 houses from where the Clayton family lives.

“OMGGGG. Dad, I love you. I can’t believe it,” the text read.

“When I look at that text — ‘I love you, dad,’” he said, taking a tearful pause. “I won’t be able to hear it, but I can see it.”

The text is among dozens from his daughter, a vibrant 12-year-old tomboy, who often ended her text messages and voicemails with “I love you.” He still has a few voice messages saved on his cellphone.

“I listen to it just about every day,” he said.

Saturday hits the two-month mark since Autumn went missing on Oct. 20, and drew more than 3,000 volunteers who helped search for the Clayton Middle schooler. Autumn was last seen pedaling out of Anthony’s driveway on her white BMX bike. As far as he knew, she was headed to a girlfriend’s house a couple blocks away.

That Saturday afternoon, Natalie, Autumn’s 11-year-old sister, was relaxing at home. Anthony and A.J. — Autumn’s 14-year-old brother — were with most of the town at the Clayton High School Homecoming football game.

“It couldn’t get any more normal than that,” Anthony recalled. “I didn’t think anything of it. There was no need to.”

That was the afternoon everything changed.

“I was at the homecoming game,” A.J. said. “That’s where I found out.”

Police pulled students aside at the game, asking if anyone had seen Autumn. After an extensive, emotional search, her body was found two days later and two Clayton boys — Donte and Justin Robinson, 17 and 15, were charged with murder.

One week later, hundreds of mourners circled around a white tomb in Cedar Green Cemetery, three days before she would have turned 13.

Autumn’s birthday — Oct. 29 — was hard enough for the grieving family.

Then Thanksgiving came right behind it.

“Thanksgiving was hard for me because my kids were with their mother,” Anthony said. “I was celebrating with my girlfriend’s family. It wasn’t the same. I was beside myself. They are celebrating and chit-chatting and laughing, and having a good time. That’s just how you would celebrate Thanksgiving. I couldn’t do any of that. I was by myself, feeling sad, (and) still in disbelief.”

Now, Christmas is a week away.

The High Street house, where the blended Pasquale-Evans families moved in October, has a few Christmas decorations in the living room, and a few more sprinkled outside.

“I don’t want too much,” Anthony said. “But we do have three other kids in the house. You do have to, in some ways, celebrate for them as well.”

A surprise delivery from the charity organization Bianca’s Kids showed up Thursday — a real Christmas tree and a box full of decorations in Autumn’s favorite color, blue.

In Pasquale family tradition, Anthony will take the kids to the Hallmark store Sunday to pick out a new decoration for the tree as they do every year. This year they’ll “team up and pick one out for Autumn,” he said.

“When we put (the tree) together ... when I see them laughing and smiling, that will shed some light and bring me happiness in a way,” Anthony said.

Coping with murder hasn’t been easy for either parent.

Autumn’s mother, Jennifer Cornwell, of Cherry Hill, is still in shock, according to her husband, Greg Cornwell. She’s still numb.

Christmas, he added, “is not going to be good.”

But Anthony has a reason to go on.

“The only reason my life is going on is because of these two,” Anthony said, breaking into tears as he motioned to his daughter and rested a hand on A.J.’s shoulder.

“I go to the cemetery every day, and just sit there for hours and wait for these guys to come home from school,” Anthony said. “I’m still trying to figure out how to handle this. I’m still in disbelief of what’s going on.”

The three Pasquales keep busy, he said.

A.J. just made the Gloucester County Institute of Technology basketball team, and Natalie spends time with her friends.

Anthony also leans on his friends. It’s therapeutic, he said.

“I have a lot of friends who offer me support and comfort and whatever I need,” he said. “Then I fall asleep ... I cry ... it’s not fair.”

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/12/autumn_pasquale_murder_slain_c.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Autumn Pasquale Murder Update: N.J. teen to be sentenced in girl's slaying
CBS/AP) WOODBURY, N.J. - Justin Robinson, a southern New Jersey teenager facing 17 years in prison for killing a young girl who disappeared while riding her bike last year, is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.

PICTURES: Body of missing NJ girl found

The 16-year-old pleaded guilty in adult court last month to aggravated manslaughter, saying he alone strangled 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale last October.

Police said Pasquale disappeared on Oct. 20 while riding her BMX bike in her neighborhood in Clayton, a town about 25 miles south of Philadelphia. She was allegedly lured into a house by Justin Robinson who told her he wanted to trade bike parts. Police said he and his brother Dante killed the girl and put her body in a recycling bin near their home.

The two brothers were each charged with murder.

Authorities say that besides Justin Robinson's admission, they didn't have physical evidence that established whether one or both of the brothers strangled the girl. Dante Robinson is awaiting trial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57602598-504083/autumn-pasquale-murder-update-n.j-teen-to-be-sentenced-in-girls-slaying/

Well some justice.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 am

WTF, 17 years for a life.  Doesn't seem like justice to me.  I hope it is a hard, hard however many years.  He's going to do the time for his accomplice.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:19 am

It's so sad to see this from beginning to end.  A beautiful young girl.  Monsters.  No regard for her precious life.

Sometimes the evil gets to me.  Such despair.

Autumn was so beautiful, so young, so full of life. 

Now the POS wants to absolve his fellow criminal.

My heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of this beautiful little girl whose promise of life was never fulfilled, can't ever be fulfilled.

She was a flower, about to bloom and now will never have the opportunity.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Justin Robinson Sentenced In Autumn Pasquale Murder

By GEOFF MULVIHILL
09/12/13 02:25 PM ET EDT AP

WOODBURY, N.J. — A New Jersey teenager called his actions "a big mistake" as he was sentenced Thursday to 17 years in state prison for fatally strangling a 12-year-old girl whom he had lured to his home with an offer to trade bicycle parts.

Justin Robinson, now 16, pleaded guilty last month to aggravated manslaughter in a deal with prosecutors who were facing some major challenges in the case, including a lack of physical evidence to determine whether he or his brother Dante Robinson killed Autumn Pasquale in October 2012.

Robinson, who looked mostly straight ahead during the two-hour sentencing hearing, must serve more than 14 years before he is eligible for parole.

"I'm sorry. I never meant for this to happen," he told Judge Walter Marshall. "This was all a big mistake."

Relatives of the girl did not see it that way, and some wanted the judge to issue a tougher sentence than the one agreed to in a plea agreement. If the judge had done so, though, the plea could have been invalidated.

"I believe the defendant deserves more than 17 years," said the girl's father Anthony Pasquale, who as a mail carrier had delivered letters to Robinson's family in Clayton, where the families of the victim and her killer had deep roots. "I believe his fate should be nothing but death."

When he pleaded guilty, Justin Robinson said he acted alone. During a sentencing proceeding, neither he, his lawyers, nor prosecutors shed light on a motive for the killing, or even what happened beyond what was already known: Pasquale went to his house several blocks from hers after receiving a Facebook offer to trade bike parts on Oct. 20. When she didn't return home that night, her family, then the entire community, set off in a frantic search. Two days later, her body was found in a recycling bin behind the home next to Robinson's.

A break in the case for investigators came when the boy's mother, Anita Saunders, called police after seeing something troubling in a Facebook post from one of her sons. Speaking briefly during the sentencing, Saunders told the judge that media accounts of what happened were incorrect. "Nobody knows exactly what happened the day of the accident," she said.

Robinson's lawyer, Jean Faulkner, told the judge that the boy had post-traumatic stress disorder from being physically abused as a young boy and seeing his father strangle his mother more than once. "This is a learned behavior," Faulkner said.

Pasquale's family told the judge about the Autumn, whom they described as a loving tomboy who wore mismatched socks and loved to ride her BMX bike.

They talked about how her disappearance and death touched the town, located 25 miles southeast of Philadelphia. Her old soccer team, once known as the Clayton Comets, is now Autumn's Angels; her jersey number, 14, has been retired from the Clayton Middle School sports teams; a bike path and a park are now named for her.

And they told the judge how members of the family, including her siblings and young cousins, are in therapy and dealing with nightmares about her death.

"When I see the blue recycling bins out, I cry to think Autumn's innocent life was so easily discarded like a piece of trash," said the girl's maternal grandmother, Mary Pasquale, who had taught Justin Robinson in school.

Prosecutors agreed to allow Robinson to plea to aggravated manslaughter rather murder because of challenges with the case. Because of his age and a developmental disability, it was not a sure thing that he would be moved to adult court. If he had been convicted of murder in juvenile court, he could have had a chance of parole in less than seven years.

They also have said that there was no evidence besides his confession that made it clear that it was he and not his brother who killed the girl.

Dante Robinson, who was 17 when he was arrested last October, is still charged with murder in family court. Authorities have not said when they may drop those charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/justin-robinson-sentence-autumn-pasquale-murder_n_3913667.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Autumn Pasquale killing: Dante Robinson released from jail, pleads guilty to obstruction

By Carly Q. Romalino/ South Jersey Times
on September 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
updated September 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Dante Robinson, initially charged in the death of Autumn Pasquale, was released from a youth correctional facility Tuesday, according to sources close to the case.

In afternoon court proceedings, Dante, of Clayton, pleaded to fourth-degree obstruction in Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier’s courtroom. The teen, who has been in the Camden County Youth Correction Facility since last fall, was sentenced to six months in jail and released with time served, according to a confidential source.

“Dante Robinson was released from custody today. He admitted no crime,” said Chris Hoffner, the teen’s attorney on behalf of the family. “This confirms what we always knew. Dante did not hurt the decedent and was not involved in her death or the moving of her body. People may not want to believe it, but the truth prevailed today, and Dante is home.”

Anita Saunders, Dante’s mother, was at home Tuesday night inside the East Clayton Avenue home where police claim 12-year-old Autumn was murdered. The family would not say if Dante was inside the house.

Dante and his brother Justin Robinson were 17 and 15 last October when arrested and charged in juvenile court with the girl’s killing.

Autumn’s disappearance in late October prompted a massive days-long search through Clayton and surrounding communities. Two days after she went missing, her remains were found in a blue recycling bin on an abandoned property next door to the Robinsons' East Clayton Avenue home. The brothers were charged in her death.

Last month Justin Robinson, now 16, pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter after taking sole responsibility for luring the pre-teen to his house and strangling her.

He was sentenced on Sept. 12 to serve 17 years in state prison of which 85 percent, or about 14 years, must be served before he is eligible for parole.

Tuesday night the borough was quiet. The Pasquales' West High Street home, where Autumn was last seen on Oct. 20, was dark.

Autumn’s father Anthony Pasquale would not comment on Dante’s release.

“Mr. Pasquale respects the court’s order,” said Doug Long, Anthony Pasquale’s attorney who would not make additional comments about the obstruction plea or Dante’s release.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2013/09/autumn_pasquale_murder_donte_robinson_released_from_jail_pleads_to_obstruction_charge.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Autumn Pasquale murder to be featured on Lifetime's 'Killer Kids' TV series

By Rebecca Forand/South Jersey Times
on June 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM, updated June 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Autumn Pasquale's murder and the subsequent investigation, court case and activism of her father will be featured in a new episode of the Lifetime Television Network's "Killer Kids" series titled "The Bike Thief."

Twelve-year-old Autumn disappeared on Oct. 20, 2012. After a two-day search of Clayton and nearby areas, police found her lifeless body in a recycling container. It was later determined that she had been strangled by 15-year-old Justin Robinson, an acquaintance who lured her to his home in order to steal her bicycle.

Robinson, now 17, pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in 2013 and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Since his sentencing, Anthony Pasquale, Autumn's father, has been working to get Autumn's Law passed in New Jersey — a measure that would hold abusive or neglectful parents responsible for the violent actions of their children.

His participation in the "Killer Kids" series is an attempt to get the word out about Autumn's case, as well as Autumn's Law.

"Autumn's killer grew up in a violent house. He learned his violent tendencies from his father. He continued to be involved in crime," said Doug Long, Anthony Pasquale's attorney. "His parents knew he had a propensity for criminal activity and violent criminal activity."

"Killer Kids" features murders committed by children in an effort to bring awareness to the issue and shine a light on the signs kids show that are often ignored, discussing the psychology behind what makes kids kill, according to Lifetime.

Each episode includes a reenactment of the murder by actors and includes interviews from the victim's family members, friends and those involved in the case, as well as commentary from psychology and social work professionals who provide professional opinions as to the mental state of child murderers.

Anthony Pasquale, Autumn's grandmother Mary Pasquale, Long and Debbie Savigliano, executive director of the nonprofit Bianca's Kids — which helped the Pasquale family after Autumn's murder — are all featured in the episode.

While requests for interviews for dozens of crime shows have come in over the past two years, the group decided to participate in "Killer Kids" because they believed it was the one show that would portray the events accurately and give them a platform to discuss Autumn's Law.

"For the first time the story is being told and people are being made aware of facts they never knew," Savigliano said. "The most important thing is to get support for Anthony for Autumn's Law. The second thing is the awareness that parents and children will know the potential dangers that their friends and these minors that pose as their friends and acquaintances at times can pose. The hope is we can protect another child from what happened to Autumn happening to them."

The show will air Monday, June 30, at 9 p.m. on LMN (Lifetime Movie Network).

For more information about Autumn's Law, or to sign the petition, visit change.org/petitions/autumn-s-law-hold-abusive-neglectful-parents-accountable.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2014/06/autumn_pasquale_murder_case_to_be_featured_on_lifetime_killer_kids_series.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down