Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX

3 posters

Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX Empty UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX

Post by babyjustice Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Newborn survives night in 40-degree weather after being abandoned in handbag

Published October 31, 2012

Associated Press

A newborn boy has survived being stuffed in a handbag and abandoned near a Central Texas home on a night when temperatures dipped into the 40s.

Corsicana police on Monday appealed for the public's help in identifying the infant and locating his mother.

Chief Randy Bratton says a man called police around 9 p.m. Sunday to say his wife found the baby on the doorstep of their carport. The baby was wrapped in a towel that was in a pillowcase and inside a handbag.

Bratton says the baby, with umbilical cord still attached, was taken to a hospital and is stable. Child Protective Services has been contacted.

Forecasters say temperatures were in the upper 40s around the time the baby was found in Corsicana, about 50 miles southeast of Dallas.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/31/newborn-survives-night-in-40-degree-weather-after-being-abandoned-in-handbag/?test=latestnews#ixzz2AsmnoyTq

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX Empty !

Post by LittleGirl37 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm

I read this on FOXNEWS...so freaking sad! WHY do people keep doing this to their babies?? I'm not sure of the stats on this, but many states have "SAFE HAVEN" laws that allow folks who don't want their newborn to leave him/her at a hospital, church, police station, etc., NO QUESTIONS ASKED/NO ABANDONMENT CHARGES---provided the child is injury free...Instead of risking/taking the life of your unwanted/unplanned newborn you can be certain that your injury free newborn will be happily adopted into a family that so wants & loves him/her. SO many people who cannot have a child would give anything to parent a newborn baby...
LittleGirl37
LittleGirl37
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : Social Worker

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX Empty Update

Post by MasonMomma Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:08 am

Athens Review, Athens, Texas
October 30, 2012
Abandoned infant doing well

Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun

Corsicana — A newborn baby boy abandoned just before 9 p.m. Sunday evening in the 500 block of North 38th Street is fine and is now in the custody of Child Protective Services.

“He’s stable and appears he’s going to be fine,” said Corsicana Police Chief Randy Bratton. “We’re very fortunate because it got pretty cold last night. If the baby hadn’t been found quickly there’s a good chance the baby might not have made it. But the baby’s fine. CPS will take care of the baby.”

The baby was found by Mihoko and Phillip Brown on their doorstep beneath a carport, but it might have gone unnoticed if not for their cat, Stinky, which drew their attention to the door.

“They said they heard a soft sound, and the cat went to the side door and started sniffing the door. They went to investigate the cat and heard a whimper,” Bratton said. “That’s when they saw the handbag and looked inside.”

Mihoko said she thought it sounded at first like a wounded animal and she called her husband over for a listen.

“I put my ear to the door and heard something, and I barely opened the door and saw the bag,” Phillip explained. “I said ‘somebody’s left us a puppy in this bag.’ Then it started crying, and I said ‘this is a baby.’”

They brought the infant into the warmth of the house and called 9-1-1.

“You hear about this. They make movies about this kind of thing,” Phillip said. “I’m just glad we were here and we heard something.”

He said he had a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a baby on their doorstep. The Browns can’t imagine why the baby was left at their house other than they’re close to the highway and on the corner, which might have made it easier for someone to make a quick drop-off and getaway.

The baby boy, which still had his umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in towel, encased in a pillowcase, and that was inside a white plastic bag. It wasn’t possible to see the infant from looking at the bag, Phillip said.

Both police and EMS personnel responded and whisked the baby off to Navarro Regional Sunday night. Child Protective Services took custody of the baby Monday.

Police are looking for the mother, who may not have known that Texas has a Baby Moses law which gives legal immunity to a mother who leaves an infant at any hospital, fire station or police station. Police have looked for the mother in area hospitals, and they also checked with local schools to see if it was a student.

Police also searched the neighborhood and spoke to the people on the block, but no one saw the baby being dropped off or heard a car, Bratton said.

Det. Greg Cloud has been assigned to conduct the follow-up investigation. Anyone with information that may help identify the mother of the newborn is strongly encouraged to contact the Corsicana Police Department at (903) 654-4902 or Det. Cloud at (903) 654-4914.

Mihoko Brown said she couldn’t sleep last night she was so filled with anxiety over what could have happened.

“I was so glad he was crying loudly enough for us to hear it,” she said. “I was so thankful he was still alive. I can’t imagine what I would feel like if he wasn’t crying and then we found it. It was shocking enough for me. I’m just so thankful he’s alive and in good care right now.”

Stinky the cat, who attracted the Brown’s interest to the door and the baby behind it, was rescued from the Corsicana animal shelter, Phillip said.

“He’s always looking out anyway,” Brown said.

http://www.athensreview.com/breakingnews/x1200659805/Abandoned-infant-doing-well
MasonMomma
MasonMomma
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : Stay-at-home Mommy who loves to bake

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX Empty Update

Post by MasonMomma Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am

Athens Review, Athens, Texas
October 30, 2012
Abandoned infant doing well

Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun

Corsicana — A newborn baby boy abandoned just before 9 p.m. Sunday evening in the 500 block of North 38th Street is fine and is now in the custody of Child Protective Services.

“He’s stable and appears he’s going to be fine,” said Corsicana Police Chief Randy Bratton. “We’re very fortunate because it got pretty cold last night. If the baby hadn’t been found quickly there’s a good chance the baby might not have made it. But the baby’s fine. CPS will take care of the baby.”

The baby was found by Mihoko and Phillip Brown on their doorstep beneath a carport, but it might have gone unnoticed if not for their cat, Stinky, which drew their attention to the door.

“They said they heard a soft sound, and the cat went to the side door and started sniffing the door. They went to investigate the cat and heard a whimper,” Bratton said. “That’s when they saw the handbag and looked inside.”

Mihoko said she thought it sounded at first like a wounded animal and she called her husband over for a listen.

“I put my ear to the door and heard something, and I barely opened the door and saw the bag,” Phillip explained. “I said ‘somebody’s left us a puppy in this bag.’ Then it started crying, and I said ‘this is a baby.’”

They brought the infant into the warmth of the house and called 9-1-1.

“You hear about this. They make movies about this kind of thing,” Phillip said. “I’m just glad we were here and we heard something.”

He said he had a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a baby on their doorstep. The Browns can’t imagine why the baby was left at their house other than they’re close to the highway and on the corner, which might have made it easier for someone to make a quick drop-off and getaway.

The baby boy, which still had his umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in towel, encased in a pillowcase, and that was inside a white plastic bag. It wasn’t possible to see the infant from looking at the bag, Phillip said.

Both police and EMS personnel responded and whisked the baby off to Navarro Regional Sunday night. Child Protective Services took custody of the baby Monday.

Police are looking for the mother, who may not have known that Texas has a Baby Moses law which gives legal immunity to a mother who leaves an infant at any hospital, fire station or police station. Police have looked for the mother in area hospitals, and they also checked with local schools to see if it was a student.

Police also searched the neighborhood and spoke to the people on the block, but no one saw the baby being dropped off or heard a car, Bratton said.

Det. Greg Cloud has been assigned to conduct the follow-up investigation. Anyone with information that may help identify the mother of the newborn is strongly encouraged to contact the Corsicana Police Department at (903) 654-4902 or Det. Cloud at (903) 654-4914.

Mihoko Brown said she couldn’t sleep last night she was so filled with anxiety over what could have happened.

“I was so glad he was crying loudly enough for us to hear it,” she said. “I was so thankful he was still alive. I can’t imagine what I would feel like if he wasn’t crying and then we found it. It was shocking enough for me. I’m just so thankful he’s alive and in good care right now.”

Stinky the cat, who attracted the Brown’s interest to the door and the baby behind it, was rescued from the Corsicana animal shelter, Phillip said.

“He’s always looking out anyway,” Brown said.

http://www.athensreview.com/breakingnews/x1200659805/Abandoned-infant-doing-well
MasonMomma
MasonMomma
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : Stay-at-home Mommy who loves to bake

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX Empty Re: UNNAMED NEWBORN - Abandoned at birth / Corsicana, TX

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down