Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX

3 posters

Go down

Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX Empty Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX

Post by willcarney Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Richland Hills man admits carving pentagram in son's back

by MATT GOODMAN and MONIKA DIAZ WFAA

Posted on December 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM Updated Wednesday, Dec 12 at 10:46 PM

RICHLAND HILLS -- Richland Hills police say a man is in custody for carving a pentagram into the back of his six-year-old boy.

Department spokesman Sgt. Nathan Stringer said officers were dispatched to a home in the 3700 block of Ruth Road after a man called 911 just after midnight Wednesday and said "I shed some innocent blood." The dispatcher asked what he meant and the man responded, "I inscribed a pentagram on my son."

When asked why, the caller said, "Because it's a holy day" and hung up the phone. Wednesday's date was 12-12-12, a once-in-a-century occurence.

Brent Troy Bartel, 39, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon –– family member. He's in custody in the Quad-Cities Jail in North Richland HIlls on $500,000 bond.

During Bartel's 911 call, Stringer said the boy's mother ran to a neighbor's house and had her call police to report that her husband was hurting her child. The mother is heard in the background of the call saying, "He's trying to hurt my six-year-old" and told the neighbor her husband has a knife.

When officers arrived, they found the boy standing in the home, shivering in pajama pants without a shirt. The pentagram covered much of the boy's back, Stringer said. Investigators found a box cutter nearby and believe it was what Bartel used, Stringer said.

"This is something you normally hear about in the movies, not something you expect to see," Stringer said.

The child was taken to Cooks Children's Hospital, Stringer said. He was released to his mother Wednesday.

Child Protective Services and a crime victim liaison are both investigating.

"It breaks your heart, because I didn't know he was capable of doing that," said neighbor Joyce Pierce. "We will be praying for all of them because we don't know what went wrong."

According to police, there have been minor domestic-related incidents at the home involving the couple, but no previous incidents involving the child. Detectives also say there was no indication Bartel was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/Richland-Hills-man-arrested-for-carving-pentagram-in-boys-back-183212841.html

I remember reading this but was too busy to post. Forgot till I saw the update. Sad a father would treat his own son this way. He should love, protect, educate, cherish not hurt. William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX Empty Re: Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX

Post by willcarney Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Richland Hills man indicted for carving pentagram on son
Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX Bartel-Book-in-Photo
Asociated Press Posted on February 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Updated yesterday at 8:17 PM
RICHLAND HILLS –– A North Texas grand jury has indicted a man who admitted in a 911 call that he carved a pentagram on his 6-year-old son's back.

Brent Troy Bartel could face up to 20 years in prison if found guilty of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The 39-year-old Bartel has a court hearing scheduled for Wednesday in Tarrant County, just west of Dallas.

Bartel called 911 on Dec. 12, 2012, and said he had shed "innocent blood," and etched the pentagram on his son because it was "a holy day," according to a recording of the call. It is not clear to which faith he was referring.

Police say Bartel smeared the boy's blood on the front doorway of his home.

Bartel remained jailed Monday on a $500,000 bond.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/Richland-Hills-father-indicted--193140471.html

At least the boy will get some justice and hopefully this monster will stay in jail and get no access to the child. William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX Empty Re: Unnamed boy - 6 yo - / Accused: Brent Bartel, father - Richland Hills, TX

Post by TexasMommy Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 am

Dad who carved pentagram on son declared incompetent
Updated: Feb 28, 2014 12:02 PM CST

DALLAS -
A judge found the Richland Hills man accused of carving a pentagram into his son's back incompetent to stand trial.

Doctors said Brent Bartel is a paranoid schizophrenic. He's been ordered to undergo treatment at a state mental hospital for at least a year.

In December 2012, police said Bartel called 911 and made religious comments, telling operators he carved the pentagram on his son because it was a holy day.

The cuts were not life threatening, but covered the majority of the boy's back.

Dr. Timothy Nyberg, in an evaluation in January, indicated Bartel had a pattern of making bizarre religious assertions.

The Associated Press contributed to this to this report.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24849842/dad-who-carved-pentagram-on-son-declared-incompetent

TexasMommy
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:07 am

I think he's just an evil bastard who enjoys inflicting pain on his child.  IMO he's pretending to be a nut but he's just evil.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down