Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Empty ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA

Post by twinkletoes Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

21-year-old Covina man charged with murder in infant daughter's death

By Brian Day, Staff Writer

Posted: 01/31/2013 04:01:33 PM PST
Updated: 01/31/2013 11:00:16 PM PST

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA 20130131_045242_Andrew%20Lopez,%2021,%20Covina_300
Andrew Luis Lopez, 21, of Covina, was charged Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, with
murder and child abuse in connection with the death of his 13-week-old
daughter. The infant died at a hospital Jan. 18, three days after being
found not breathing while in her father's care at a Covina apartment. An
autopsy determined the baby died from head trauma and ruled the death a
homicide. (Courtesy of the Covina Police Department)

COVINA - Prosecutors Thursday charged a 21-year-old Covina man with murder and child abuse in connection with the death of his 12-week-old daughter, officials said.

Andrew Luis Lopez appeared in Pomona Superior Court, however his arraignment was continued until Feb. 26, Los Angeles County District Attorney's officials said.

He's charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in an infant's death, Covina police officials said in a written statement. The child died from severe head injuries, officials said.

Abigail Ann Lopez died at a Los Angeles hospital Jan. 18, three days after she was found not breathing at a home in the 200 block of West Dexter Street, Los Angeles County Department of Coroner Assistant Chief of Operations Ed Winter said.

Police responded with paramedics to a report of a baby not breathing on Jan. 15, according to the Covina police statement.

Detectives launched an investigation, in which they obtained a search warrant for the apartment and interviewed witnesses, police said.

"It was quickly determined that (the infant) and her father were the only persons present in the apartment when the initial call was placed to the Los Angeles County Fire Department," the statement said.

An autopsy was completed Jan. 23, Winter said.

"The cause of death is blunt head trauma," he said. "It was ruled as a homicide."

Several fractures were discovered in the baby's skull, police said.

After an "extensive investigation," police arrested Andrew Lopez Tuesday, according to the police statement.

According to Los Angeles County booking records, he was being held in lieu of $1 million bail.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_22492646/21-year-old-covina-man-charged-murder-infant

Last edited by twinkletoes on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To undo edit by meddler)
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Empty Re: ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA

Post by danbridge Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 pm

I READ THIS SHORTLY AFTER THE INCIDENT. IT'S SO SAD HOW THE GUY SAID THAT SHE HURTS HERSELF A LOT AT THAT YOUNG AGE. I HAD HEARD THAT THE FATHER WAS TO WED THE MOTHER OF THE BABY. WELL NOW THE DAD IS WHERE HE SHOULD BE AND GOD HAS ANOTHER ABUSED BABY IN HIS ARMS. NO LONGER TO BE ABUSED ANYMORE LITTLE ONE. YOU ARE SAFE.

Last edited by danbridge on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
danbridge
danbridge
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : MOVIES, MUSIC

Back to top Go down

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Empty Re: ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA

Post by danbridge Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

ANY FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS ON THIS GUY?
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 am

this is pretty much identical to my granddaughter. are there any further developments on this case

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Covina man pleads not guilty to murder of infant daughter
Posted on July 26, 2013 by Brian Day
ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Abigail-Lopez-11-weeks-of-Covina-224x300
A Covina man accused of murder and child abuse in the death of his 11-week-old daughter entered a not guilty plea this week.

Andrew Luis Lopez, 22, entered the plea Tuesday in Pomona Superior Court, Los Angeles County District Attorney's officials said. The arraignment had been delayed several times since Lopez's arrest in late January. A preliminary hearing in the case was set for Aug. 6.

Lopez is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for the Jan. 18 death of his daughter, Abigail Lopez.

"Abigail was a beautiful blessing that changed everybody's life from the moment she was born," her mother Janessa Espinoza said. "As she started to grow she grew a little personality and would smile and respond with tongue rolling and cooing."

Abigail Lopez died at a hospital three days after she suffered head injuries, including skull fractures, while in Lopez's care at an apartment in the 200 block of West Dexter Street, according to Covina police and Los Angeles County coroner's officials. Rescuers initially responded to a 9-1-1 call of a baby not breathing.

After what police described as an "extensive investigation," officers arrested Lopez Jan. 29.

"The morning before she (was injured) I was playing with her on the couch and she laughed for the very first time," Espinoza said. "I simply told myself I would record her when I got home, but I was never given that opportunity."

The mother said she was on her way home Jan. 15 from work when the incident occurred.

She was on her fifth day of training at a new job at a day care center, she said. She had chosen that job so that once she finished training, she could bring her daughter with her to work.

She said Andrew Lopez had pressured her to get a job.

Andrew Lopez had been watching the infant for less than 12 minutes when she was injured, Espinoza said. He had just picked her up from Espinoza's grandmother's apartment in the same complex.

While en route home from work, Espinoza said she decided to stop at a store near her home. While there, she said she saw an ambulance speed past and got a bad feeling.

Espinoza said she called Andrew Lopez, but received no answer. She rushed home to discover what had taken place.

The mother said she doesn't know exactly what unfolded in the apartment, but "by what they're saying, and the coroner's report, there's no way it could have been an accident."

Through the trial process, Espinoza said she hopes to learn more about what happened.

"For me and my family, we just want to know the truth," she said. "It's about getting justice for Abigail."

"She should still be here, taking her first steps, saying her first words, breathing those breaths that she so deserves," Espinoza said.

According to county booking records, Lopez remained in jail in lieu of $1 million.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/general-news/20130725/covina-man-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-of-infant-daughter

The women "travail in childbirth" and the land was cursed "for man's sake" that he should work; God knew it would keep him out of trouble - all His laws are for our sake if we would only listen.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 am

I HOPE THAT THE MOTHER PRESSES CHARGES TO HAVE HIM PUT IN FOR LIFE WITH NO PAROLE. WAKE UP MOM "HE KILLED YOUR BABY". THERE'S NO IF'S ANDS OR BUTTS. THIS BABY WAS MURDERED LIKE JAYDEN AND THE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT WILL BE REVEALED ONLY IF HE ADMITS TO HAVE DONE IT. BUT THIS IS ANOTHER SAD STORY OF A MURDER AGAINST "HIS OWN" BABY. THAT IS SICK AND IF MOM IS READING "STAY AWAY FROM THE JERK". DO NOT STAND BY THIS POS MAN. SAY GOODBYE WITH NO SYMPATHY. HE CERTAINLY HAD NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU WHEN HE KILLED YOUR BABY. YOU CAN'T GET ABIGAIL BACK BUT YOU CAN ENSURE HE GETS LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

IN HER HONOR
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:17 am

such a beautiful baby. she didn't ask for this for sure.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 am

Abigail's own dad killed her. I am thinking about going to the hearing on this dad that did this. i can be there for Abigail since her life was taken.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:02 pm

abigail i know is smiling and having fun up there.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:31 am

peace to a little girl who missed out on life because of the father and his. May he rot in prison where he belongs. Mom, stay away from him because he destroyed you by killing your little girl. don't believe anything he says and don't be like the mother of Jayden who was defending her boyfriend. It will only make you just as guilty. He is scum and worthless and needs to stay in prison for the rest of his life. to defend him would not be on Abigail's side. i can only say that God took her before he could abuse her like my granddaughter. Jayden suffered repeatedly because of her worthless family who put her in harms way.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 am

only a real coward would do something this evil and show no remorse. i can't begin to imagine what she did for this idiot to do what he did. at that age all they do is sleep, eat and of course the diaper duty. don't be like the POS mother that killed my grandaughter and claims to have been the most fabulous mother in the world. that in my opinion is a lie along with all the other lies she has said to me.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:58 am

for abigail. save a spot for me next to u and jayden. love u girls. I know abigail as about as much as i know my granddaughter which is pretty much the same. but i still love abigail.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 am

FOR ABIGAIL. SUCH AN ANGEL

IN HER HONOR

danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 am

I won't condemn this mother because I don't know if she knew or should have known this poor baby was abused.

It is very unlikely that this baby was murdered during the first abuse.  Normally abuse escalates to murder.

Nevertheless, we have another POS man and another dead baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:33 am

i just hope she doesnt believe the guy.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 am

anything on the mother wonder.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Empty Pray that Abbey gets the justice she deserves

Post by F8sentme Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm

The minute police arrested and presented the evidence to Abbey's mother Janessa & grandmother Nancy they have made it their mission to seek Justice for Abigail. The trial finally came and is in it's 12th day. Hopes is it will be turned over to the jury today or tomorrow. Janessa (Mom) was not allowed to hear the details or the extent of her daughters injuries which was appreciated by her family as it's something she probably couldn't handle. The baby was 11 weeks old and there were NO PRIOR SIGNS OF ABUSE AT ALL. however the family doesn't care if it was the first time or not they still will not rest until he is finally held accountable for his actions. What ever the punishment it is nothing compared to the hell this family lives with everyday. The emptiness the loss of Abbey has left is far more painful than anything he could ever suffer. I personally wish the same death for him that he dealt his daughter.  Looks like we should have a verdict by late next week

F8sentme
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Thank you for the information on the trial. Prayers for little Abbey's mom and family. The 12 minute part really bothered me, as well as him "pressuring" this precious baby's mother to get a job. I'm so sorry.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by danbridge Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm

thank you for keeping me informed. I did read it when I received it but was unable to get back to you.

well I did go to my son's graduation from the Army and i am now a proud Army mom. He will be stationed in Italy now.

thank you again for all your prayers.

in her honor
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by F8sentme Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 am

I am extremely sad to report that Justice was not served for our dear Abigail. Her father was not charged with murder but was found guilty on a lessor charge of Assault causing great bodily injury. We are devastated by this outcome as we know he is guilty of causing her death. Not sure what evidence the jury saw but I was there every day and heard the doctors describe her injuries and see the coroners photos showing the injuries and stating her death was not accidental but caused by abusive head trauma such as slamming or throwing her. Our family had to endure this painful process of reliving this horrible tragedy in hopes that justice would be served. This is a sad day for us! The charge is a felony but only carries a 5 year sentence and since he has no prior may be eligible for probation. Won't know until sentencing in a few weeks. We are happy to know he is back in jail for the time being and hope and pray he does time on this charge. Baby Abby's injuries were severe and we hoped his punishment would have fit the crime. This beautiful little girl only lived 3 months but she brought a lifetime of happiness to her family. We are thankful to all of you for your kind words, prayers and support during this difficult time! We don't know what lies ahead for the accused but I pray karma serves him what he deserves.
He will have to live with what he did and God is the ultimate judge. We will put it all in His hands.

F8sentme
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am

Another travesty of justice.  He should be in a cage for life.  Instead he will soon be free to murder another innocent, precious baby.

Karma may well bite his ass in the future.  That's what happened to OJ.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:59 pm

ladibug wrote:Covina man pleads not guilty to murder of infant daughter
ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Abigail-Lopez-11-weeks-of-Covina-224x300
A Covina man accused of murder and child abuse in the death of his 11-week-old daughter entered a not guilty plea this week.

Andrew Luis Lopez, 22, entered the plea Tuesday in Pomona Superior Court, Los Angeles County District Attorney's officials said. The arraignment had been delayed several times since Lopez's arrest in late January. A preliminary hearing in the case was set for Aug. 6.

Lopez is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for the Jan. 18 death of his daughter, Abigail Lopez.

"Abigail was a beautiful blessing that changed everybody's life from the moment she was born," her mother Janessa Espinoza said. "As she started to grow she grew a little personality and would smile and respond with tongue rolling and cooing."

Abigail Lopez died at a hospital three days after she suffered head injuries, including skull fractures, while in Lopez's care at an apartment in the 200 block of West Dexter Street, according to Covina police and Los Angeles County coroner's officials. Rescuers initially responded to a 9-1-1 call of a baby not breathing.

After what police described as an "extensive investigation," officers arrested Lopez Jan. 29.

"The morning before she (was injured) I was playing with her on the couch and she laughed for the very first time," Espinoza said. "I simply told myself I would record her when I got home, but I was never given that opportunity."

The mother said she was on her way home Jan. 15 from work when the incident occurred.

She was on her fifth day of training at a new job at a day care center, she said. She had chosen that job so that once she finished training, she could bring her daughter with her to work.

Andrew Lopez had been watching the infant for less than 12 minutes when she was injured, Espinoza said. He had just picked her up from Espinoza's grandmother's apartment in the same complex.

While en route home from work, Espinoza said she decided to stop at a store near her home. While there, she said she saw an ambulance speed past and got a bad feeling.

Espinoza said she called Andrew Lopez, but received no answer. She rushed home to discover what had taken place.

The mother said she doesn't know exactly what unfolded in the apartment, but "by what they're saying, and the coroner's report, there's no way it could have been an accident."

Through the trial process, Espinoza said she hopes to learn more about what happened.

"For me and my family, we just want to know the truth," she said. "It's about getting justice for Abigail."

"She should still be here, taking her first steps, saying her first words, breathing those breaths that she so deserves," Espinoza said.

According to county booking records, Lopez remained in jail in lieu of $1 million.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/general-news/20130725/covina-man-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-of-infant-daughter

The women "travail in childbirth" and the land was cursed "for man's sake" that he should work; God knew it would keep him out of trouble - all His laws are for our sake if we would only listen.

Already posted ...
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 am

mom_in_il wrote:
ladibug wrote:Covina man pleads not guilty to murder of infant daughter

Already posted ...

All I see is this post by Ladibug posted last August.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

ABIGAIL ANN LOPEZ - 13 weeks (1/13) - / Charged: Father, Andrew Luis Lopez - Covina, CA Empty abigail

Post by danbridge Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

This is real sad. Atleast I can say that didn't happen for Jayden. We know why God took her because the scumbag of a dad got off.

Another POS that pretty much gets to go free. My deepest sympathy with Abigail's family.

I wonder if the guys parents were relieved he got off.

in her honor

Last edited by danbridge on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rephrased)
danbridge
danbridge

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 pm

You had posted the same article ...  but I see now that you have deleted it (Tue. Jul 22, 2014 at 10:05 am CDT).
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next