Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA

2 posters

Go down

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months -  / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA Empty SADIE RIVERA - 23 months - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Selah man arrested after girlfriend's baby dies

A 22-year-old Selah man has been arrested after his girlfriend's 23-month-old baby died.

SELAH, Wash. —

A 22-year-old Selah man has been arrested after his girlfriend's 23-month-old baby died.

The Yakima Herald-Republic reports (http://bit.ly/YqRufI) the man was arrested Wednesday after his story change following a second round of questioning.

He has not been charged yet.

Officer Rich Brumley says in the affidavit that the man threw the baby up in the air with enough force to cause the baby's head to strike the ceiling.

Detectives say the man didn't call 911 when he first noticed the baby was injured, instead calling a friend. Emergency personnel weren't called until the friend arrived at the man's apartment.

---

Information from: Yakima Herald-Republic, http://www.yakimaherald.com
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020911369_apwababydeatharrest.html

Last edited by twinkletoes on Sun May 12, 2013 4:54 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Add baby's name)
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months -  / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA Empty Re: SADIE RIVERA - 23 months - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 am

Selah man charged with baby's murder

By KIMATV.com Staff

Published: May 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM PDT
Last Updated: May 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM PDT

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A Selah man was charged with murder Monday for the death of his girlfriend's baby daughter.

Prosecutors say new evidence brought second degree murder charges against David Holbrook.

Holbrook was originally booked last week on suspicion of manslaughter.

According to court documents, he told police that his "reckless" actions directly caused the baby's death Wednesday night in Selah.

Holbrook told police he was watching his girlfriend's baby Wednesday evening at a home on Jim Clements Way. He told investigators that at one point he threw the baby up with so much force it hit the ceiling.

The baby was not breathing when medical personnel arrived, they said. The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Holbrook remains in jail. A judge previously set bail at $1 million.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/206321371.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months -  / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA Empty Re: SADIE RIVERA - 23 months - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 11, 2013 6:09 am

Posted: May 08, 2013 9:44 AM EDT

Updated: May 08, 2013 12:37 PM EDT

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months -  / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA 22193442_BG2

SELAH, Wash. (AP) - The family of a toddler who was killed last week in Selah is holding a yard sale Tuesday and Wednesday in Union Gap to pay for her funeral.

The girl's aunt told KNDO Sadie would have turned 2 years old on May 15.

She died May 1 while in the care of her mother's boyfriend. Police say 22-year-old David Holbrook of Selah threw the child up in the air and she hit her head on the ceiling.

Holbrook had been charged with manslaughter but the charge was upgraded Monday to second-degree murder. He's in the Yakima County Jail with bail set at $1 million.

http://www.khq.com/story/22193442/garage-sale-being-held-to-pay-for-funeral
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am

Why don't they release name of victim? Frustrating, especially when everyone in Selah knows who she was,
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 11, 2013 6:26 am

Autopsy: Selah baby crushed, death ruled a homicide

By KIMATV.com Staff

Published: May 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM PDT

YAKIMA, Wash. -- The coroner ruled the death of a 23-month-old baby suspicious. Yakima County Coroner Jack Hawkins completed the autopsy Tuesday morning.

Hawkins said it's unclear how long the baby girl was unconscious. He ruled her death a homicide.

The coroner told KIMA the cause of death was "crushing trauma" to the chest. He said the baby's injuries do not match the story Holbrook told investigators about the baby's death.

David Holbrook remains in jail on second degree murder charges. A judge previously set bail at $1 million.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Coroner-Selah-babys-death-was-suspicious-206475451.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

SADIE RIVERA - 23 months -  / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, David Holbrook. - Selah, WA Empty Sadie Rivera

Post by STEAM4Kids Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 am

twinkletoes wrote:Why don't they release name of victim? Frustrating, especially when everyone in Selah knows who she was,

Her name is Sadie Rivera.

STEAM4Kids
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 12, 2013 4:52 am

STEAM4Kids wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:Why don't they release name of victim? Frustrating, especially when everyone in Selah knows who she was,

Her name is Sadie Rivera.

Thanks. I wanted to send a little money and was going to call KHQ to get the info. If you can PM me that info I would appreciate it. I don't want to send it to the mother. The aunt?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down