Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KENZIE ROSE LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT

Go down

KENZIE ROSE  LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT Empty KENZIE ROSE LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:15 am

Utah man accused of killing toddler now facing aggravated murder charges

Posted 2:10 pm, August 28, 2014, by Ashton Edwards, Updated at 06:12pm, August 28, 2014

OGDEN, Utah — The 23-year-old man Ogden Police arrested for allegedly killing his girlfriend’s 14-month-old daughter is now facing aggravated murder charges.

Adam Barney’s bond has been set at $100,000 and he is scheduled to be in court Sept. 3 at 9 a.m.

He was originally arrested for child abuse homicide but the charges against him just were upgraded to aggravated murder.

Warning: Content in statements below is graphic and may not be appropriate for all audiences.

Monday the mother, 26-year-old Kaci Rupert, said she trusted her boyfriend to watch her three kids while she was working and saving money for a new apartment for the couple.

Rupert spoke with her boyfriend around the time of his arrest but said she couldn’t bring herself to ask specifics of what happened.

“I don’t know if I can cope with it yet, if I’m really there, it’s kind of sinking in,” Rupert said.

Rupert doesn’t understand how her daughter Kenzi Rose died Monday afternoon.

She knew something was wrong after her boyfriend, Adam Barney, called her at work.

“He called and said she wasn’t waking up from her nap,” Rupert said.

Police say Barney, who isn’t the child’s father, later changed his story.

Barney was the one who called 911. Police responded to the Western Colony Inn where the couple lived with Rupert’s three kids.

When police arrived, they quickly realized the baby was dead.
 KENZIE ROSE  LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT Adam-barney
“After interviewing with him he confessed to striking the child several times and squeezing the child and causing significant injuries to the child,” Ogden Lt. Danielle Croyle said.

But the mother said she believes the death could’ve been an accident.

“When I talked to him I said, ‘I know you’re better than this,’ and he said he’s gonna do time because whatever the method that happened he wants to do time for it, like a man he said,” Rupert said.

When the next-door neighbor saw the child three weeks ago, “the baby turned this way and had a big bruise on the side of its face.
Babies are babies, I just figured maybe it fell,” neighbor Ty Rogers said.

Rogers said he never heard fighting or saw violence at the room next door and the family who owns a restaurant next to the motel said Barney cared for Rupert’s daughter and two sons daily for weeks and they appeared happy.

“It was a surprise for us to see the police and everything because I saw the guy between 1 or 2 walking by to the restaurant with the two kids but not the little girl,” Angelica Madrigal said, with Patricia’s Restaurant.

“I needed someone I could trust and I didn’t see this coming, no warning signs,” Rupert said.  “The children always told me he was fun, they were happy, he was great to be around.”

Rupert said she left the children’s father to keep her kids safe after talks with child protective services.

Now, her two sons are in protective custody and ironically, the boyfriend she was trying to start a new life with is behind bars, facing a child abuse homicide charge.

Meanwhile, police are still waiting on autopsy results to confirm what caused the child’s death.

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/28/ogden-man-accused-of-killing-toddler-now-facing-aggravated-murder-charges/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KENZIE ROSE  LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT Empty Re: KENZIE ROSE LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 am

Father of murdered baby speaks about his child, man accused in her death

Posted 9:38 pm, August 29, 2014, by Gene Kennedy

OGDEN, Utah — His baby girl was murdered, police say, by the mother’s boyfriend. Now, the biological father is speaking out.

James Labuy said 14-month-old Kensie Rose changed his life. He said he went from drifting to being a responsible adult. Labuy was fighting to get custody of his daughter when he learned she was killed in a brutal assault Monday at an Ogden motel where the mother lived with her boyfriend, Adam Barney, and two sons from another relationship.

“To have that little girl in my life gave me so much purpose,” Labuy said.

Months before his daughter’s death, in February, Labuy, his girlfriend, and three children, including the couple’s daughter, moved from Washington state to Utah for the mother’s new job.

“Everything was, we were supposed to become a stronger family, things didn’t quite work out that way,” Labuy said.

Labuy said the child’s mother, Kaci Rupert, abruptly left him, concerned about his parenting and took Kensie Rose with her.

In July, Rupert met 23-year-old Adam Barney. They lived at Western Colony Inn, an Ogden motel.

Labuy said he never spoke to Barney but saw him at this LDS Church at Jefferson and 21st St. in Ogden, where the couple attended services. While the dad was told Barney was trustworthy, he said he had an uneasy feeling.

“I’m not gonna lie,” he said. “You get a gut feeling, and I was concerned.”

He never acted on the concern. On Monday, Ogden police informed Labuy his daughter was dead, allegedly beaten to death after Adam Barney became frustrated due to dirty living conditions, the baby crying, and Rupert’s two sons misbehaving.

“A lot of it has been such a shock to my system to think that someone could do this to a child,” Labuy said. “As far as Mr. Barney is concerned, I feel he needs to pay but part of me feels sorry for him because it takes a certain type of person to commit what he did.”

Barney is now charged with aggravated murder, which opens the possibility for the death penalty. Labuy is torn between wanting the harshest punishment and forgiveness.

“I won’t lie, there’s part of me that wants to see the law go through the process and him be punished to the best of mankind’s ability, but ultimately the lord is who he has to answer to,” he said.

Barney is due back in court September 3 for a bail hearing. Labuy and his family plan on being there. Meanwhile, the father is working with the medical examiner’s office, hoping to take his daughter’s remains back to Washington state–where the girl was born. Labuy says Kensie Rose deserves a proper burial and memorial.

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/29/father-of-murdered-baby-speaks-about-his-child-man-accused-in-her-death/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KENZIE ROSE  LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT Empty Re: KENZIE ROSE LABUY - 14 months (8/14) - / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Adam Barney - Ogden, UT

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 am

This POS mother should be in jail awaiting trial with her p e n i s.

My money says she knew he was abusing her children.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:36 am

But the mother said she believes the death could’ve been an accident.

Another POS mother.  Another POS man.  Another dead baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down