Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK

Go down

GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Empty GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Young girl locked in closet for two years by her mother thriving with adoptive parents

Her Oklahoma City birth mother thought she 'looked like her father,' so she exiled the 3-year-old girl to the closet. Georgia weighed just 19 pounds when she was rescued at age 5.

/ NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, July 1, 2013, 2:58 PM

GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Closet2n-4-web
    KFOR
    Georgia is all smiles now that she is with a loving family after being locked in a closet for two years.

A young girl who nearly died after being locked in a closet for two years by her monster mother is not only surviving, she is thriving.

Oklahoma City mom Asusena Marie Gonzales treated her other children well, but didn't like the 3-year-old girl because she "looked like her father," according to News Channel 4 in Oklahoma. The innocent girl was exiled to the closet and reportedly covered in hair to keep her at the right body temperature.
    GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Closet2n-2-web
    KFOR
    Clint and Amanda Lile's adoption of Georgia became official in June.

When authorities finally rescued the girl two years ago, they found a "cup (she used) to urinate and defecate in," News Channel 4 reported. "You could see the bones at her joints," a police officer reported.

The girl, now 5, weighed 19 pounds and was hospitalized for severe malnutrition.
    GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Closet2n-5-web
    Oklahoma County Jail
    Asusena Marie Gonzales will be in prison for at least another 18 years after locking her young daughter in a closet for two years because the toddler 'looked like her father.'

“Her body just looked like it might never heal," adoptive mother Amanda Lile told News Channel 4. "I remember when I asked the DHS worker, 'Is she going to live?' And she said. 'I don’t know.'"
    GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Closet2n-3-web
    KFOR
    Georgia's favorite author is Dr. Seuss.

“I lived with Maria, and she was bad, and she locked me up in the closet, and I didn’t have any food or any water or anything to eat or drink," little Georgia told News Channel 4. "I only slept and never came out."

Unfazed, Amanda and Clint Lile took the girl in, giving her the name Georgia - and lots of love. In the care of her foster parents, she started kindergarten. She reads Dr. Seuss and laughs all the time, things she never did while locked in the closet for two terrifying years.
    GEORGIA LILE - 3 yo (2011) / Convicted: Mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales - Oklahoma City, OK Closet2n-1-web
    KFOR
    The home where Asusena Marie Gonzales kept her daughter in a closet for two years.

“We just really saw God begin to heal her like nothing we ever thought possible. It was crazy,” Amanda Lile told News Channel 4. “I really believe it was the healing power of God and by the grace of God that she’s still alive. She’s just our little miracle.”

Last month Georgia was officially adopted by the couple. Meanwhile, the monster birth mom is serving a 40-year sentence and won't be released from prison before 2031.

"She was just excited all morning," Amanda Lile says. "For weeks she’s been asking, 'Is today my adoption day? Is today my adoption day?'”

"This family is so good to me," says Georgia, who has three siblings. "I love my mom and dad very much."
    dboroff@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/girl-locked-closet-years-mom-thriving-article-1.1387280#ixzz2XtRDWLVp
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down