Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK

Go down

GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK Empty GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 am

Packed Tulsa Chapel Mourns, Celebrates Life Of Slain Teen Honor Student

MARCH 2013

GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 21564379_BG2
Gabby Bledsoe was found stabbed to death on March 2. A standing-room only crowd filled a chapel to commemorate her life.
GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 21564379_BG3
Gabby, whose smile was described as infectious, was well-liked at Rogers High School. She played basketball, softball and ran track for the Ropers.
GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 21564379_BG4

She also had a 3.8 GPA and was taking college prep classes with hopes to become a lawyer.

Hundreds gathered on Saturday to say a final goodbye to a murdered Tulsa teen.

Gabby Bledsoe was stabbed to death at her home March 2.

And as of now, her murder is unsolved.

It was standing room only at the chapel, and attendants said they stopped counting at 1,080.

Gabby's friends and family said that love and support is a testament to how Gabby lived her life.

"She [knew] how to love; she [knew] how to smile," Rev. Carl Morgan said.

If there's one thing everybody knew about Gabby Bledsoe, it's that she always had a smile on her face.

Her smile so infectious in life, and it's what her family and friends say they'll cling to as they cope with her death.

"She was goofy, she was funny," cousin Dezarae Bledsoe said. "She was a little Energizer bunny. We gonna miss her really much."
But being silly didn't keep Gabby from hitting the books.

She was a straight-A student at Rogers High School and as an athlete, she liked basketball, softball and track the best.

She had a 3.8 GPA and was taking college prep classes with hopes to become a lawyer.

Her favorite color was purple, and that was reflected on every pew inside Crown Hill Chapel.

"We love her, as you all can see. We love her," grandmother Teresa Releford said.

For Releford, the service was a celebration of life, and she said she walked away feeling more at peace than she has all week.
"I feel a lot better, but I'm still hurting," Releford said. "I just thank God for allowing me to see her grow up, to see 18 years."

Gabby's mom found the teen stabbed to death last weekend.

Her killer has not been found.

"I just hope and pray that it be justice after this," Releford said.

And while there's hope for justice, her family said its main focus now is on how Gabby lived her life, not on how it was taken away.
"I got news for you, even though Gabby is gone, you can reflect and remember a time in her life -- a certain smile that she had," Tony Maxwell said. "[It should] just lift you up and give all the meaning [about] why you should go on and [carry] on,"

Gabby's family said she was an angel in disguise, who's now wearing wings on the streets of Heaven.

Police haven't named a suspect, but they said they have collected evidence, fingerprints and DNA from a person of interest.

If you have any information about Gabby's death you can call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS or text 918TIP to "Crimes."

http://www.newson6.com/story/21564379/packed-chapel-mourns-celebrates-life-of-slain-teenage-honor-student
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK Empty Re: GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 am

Murder Victim's Mother Keeps Hope Alive For Justice

Gabby Bledsoe was an 18-year-old honor student who dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

She didn't get to fulfill that dream because she was murdered six months ago.

On Saturday, her mother is holding a "Justice for Gabby Day" in hopes of moving the case forward.

Gabby's mother is committed to keeping her little girl's memory alive. She wants people to remember the girl who was so outgoing, so committed to her studies, the girl whose life was tragically cut short.

People in the neighborhood recognized Gabby by her Angry Birds backpack on the days she walked home from school.

When she was only in middle school, she told her family she wanted to become a lawyer and never changed her mind.

She was ready to graduate, ready to go to college and make that dream a reality, but that was not to be.

She didn't even get the diploma she worked so hard to earn.

She was stabbed in the neck inside her own home on March 2.

"I think the hardest part is what happened, how it happened, just turning 18," Lacrecia said. "She wasn't in the streets. She was at home. She should've been safe."

Police believe they know who killed Gabby but are waiting on enough evidence to make an arrest.

Detectives call often and update the case. Investigators admit they're frustrated people in the neighborhood are reluctant to tell what they know.

That's hard on Gabby's family as well.

"I'm getting better, but I'm still very angry," Lacrecia said. "There's anger, sadness, everything put together, is how I feel."

Justice for Gabby Day will be held at Crawford Park on Saturday from 2-7 p.m. The public is invited.

There will be music, t-shirts and food in celebration of Gabby's life.

A balloon release, in purple, Gabby's favorite color, will be used to symbolize keeping her memory alive.

It will be more than just a day of remembrance.

Gabby's mother hopes after the balloons are released, someone will come forward who knows something about this murder,

someone who saw a suspect in the neighborhood or knows something that will finally bring this case to justice.

GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 23023576_BG1
Gabby's mother is committed to keeping her little girl's memory alive. Police believe they know who killed Gabby but are waiting on enough evidence to make an arrest.
GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 23023576_BG2
She wasn't killed in the streets, she was home, where she should have been safe, Lacrecia said.
GABBY BLEDSOE - 18 yo - Tulsa, OK 23023576_BG3
Investigators admit they're frustrated people in the neighborhood are reluctant to tell what they know.

http://www.newson6.com/story/23023576/murder-victims-mother-keeps-hope-alive-for-justice
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down