Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN

Go down

NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN Empty NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN

Post by twinkletoes Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Cops: Mom claims voices told her to stab kids

By Katherine Cavazini
updated 9:12 AM EDT, Tue August 06, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• Jamina Briggs, 29, is charged with two counts of first degree murder
  • Briggs is accused of stabbing her two young boys to death
  • Affidavit: Briggs told police"voices told her to do it"

NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN Briggs

A Memphis mother accused of stabbing her two young sons to death told authorities she “is a paranoid schizophrenic and the voices told her to do it,” according to affidavit of complaint.

Jamina Briggs, 29, is charged with two counts of first degree murder in connection with the July 31 stabbing deaths of her sons Nicholas Briggs, 6, and Jeremiah Briggs, 23 months.

The affidavit alleges Briggs called Memphis police at 9:30 p.m. the night of the killings and stated that she stabbed her boys.
When police arrived at the home, authorities say the mother answered the door and “told officers she was sorry,” the affidavit stated.

Police say the mother had blood on her hands.

Investigators say they found the two young boys “lying face down on a couch with what appeared to be multiple stab wounds,” according to the affidavit. They later died at the hospital.

Online records show Briggs is being held at the Shelby County Jail without bond.

HLN was unable to reach Brigg’s public defender Gerald Skahan for a comment Monday, but he told HLN affiliate WREG Friday, “We did enter a order for a mental evaluation, she is currently in a mental hospital and I’m sure they are currently doing that.”

“She has to be competent to stand trial. Which competency in some cases can be established in a couple of weeks and we’ve had clients that have never become competent before,” Skahan said, according to WREG.

Her next court date is scheduled for August 16.

www.hlntv.com/.../jamina-briggs-memphis-murder-mom-claims-voices-t.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN Empty Re: NICHOLAS and JEREMIAH BRIGGS - 6 yo and 23 months - / Charged: Mother Jamina Briggs - Memphis, TN

Post by twinkletoes Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Dear God.  Can anyone really be this mentally disturbed?  Crying or Very sad
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down