Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO

2 posters

Go down

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Empty MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 am

Colorado triple slaying suspect is sex offender     

Posted:   03/11/2014 01:17:25 PM CDT | Updated:   about 4 hours ago

DENVER—Authorities said Tuesday that they were pursuing a man who failed to register as a sex offender before he was arrested and accused of killing a mother and her two young children and sexually assaulting her teenage daughter in southern Colorado.

Sheriff's officials said they were seeking an arrest warrant for Jaacob Vanwinkle, 31, before he was apprehended Sunday night at the Canon City home where the three bodies were found. The victims included a 5-year-old boy, a 9-year-old girl and their 35-year-old mother. The woman's 15-year-old daughter fled to a neighbor's house, saying she had been raped.

Vanwinkle had dated the woman and was living in the family's home, police Sgt. Shannon Byerly said Tuesday. Autopsies were scheduled for Wednesday.

Vanwinkle faces charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. A judge told him he could face the death penalty if convicted. Vanwinkle has applied for a public defender, but no attorney had been assigned to his case as of Tuesday.

The charges were the latest in a violent criminal history that spans a decade and at least two states.

Vanwinkle had been required to register as a sex offender since 2004, when he was convicted in Indiana of child molestation and other sex crimes involving girls as young as 5 and 7.

After moving from Indiana to Colorado, he was required to register four times a year. He was supposed to report to the sheriff's office of Colorado's Fremont County, where Canon City is located, on March 4 but never showed up, Capt. Don Pinover said.

Pinover said the law gives sex offenders a five-day grace period, so a judge would not have signed a warrant until Monday, the day after the slayings. Vanwinkle was also wanted in another Colorado county on suspicion of violating a protection order, Pinover said.

"He was already wanted, and nobody knew where he was," he said.

Vanwinkle served less than two years of his seven-year sentence and was in and out of prison in Indiana for parole violations and theft. He was released in 2012. Less than two months later, police in Colorado say his pregnant ex-girlfriend told them he beat her. She told officers he tied her wrists with shoe laces, held a pillow over her head and threatened to rape her.

Vanwinkle pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of domestic violence and was sentenced to 18 months in Fremont County jail.

Court records show relatives were concerned about Vanwinkle from an early age.

A relative who lived with Vanwinkle told police after his 2004 arrest for child molestation that she wasn't surprised. The woman told officers "she was afraid something like this was going to happen" because he had "problems with exposing and fondling himself" since he was 16 and arrested in a grocery store parking lot, according to police reports.

Authorities on Tuesday were still investigating what led up to the slayings. Court documents in the case have been sealed.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_25319940/colorado-triple-slaying-suspect-is-sex-offender

Last edited by twinkletoes on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Empty Re: MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO

Post by ladibug Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 am

Crying or Very sad tears pray  for the 15 year old.

Quote from above article: "Vanwinkle served less than two years of his seven-year sentence and was in and out of prison in Indiana for parole violations and theft. He was released in 2012"

(sorry I couldn't figure out how the quote thing works-I'm just upset now)
THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.   ranton ranton Wake up folks, speak up, vote for what is right and just, and not what will pad your own wallet.  And Mothers:  DO NOT BRING MEN INTO YOUR HOMES and expose your children like this; besides, adultery and fornication is not a good example for your kids - being raped or murdered is even worse.

One day I will Google how many violent crimes have been committed
by felons who did not have to serve their time.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Empty Re: MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 am

ladibug wrote:Crying or Very sad tears pray  for the 15 year old.

Quote from above article: "Vanwinkle served less than two years of his seven-year sentence and was in and out of prison in Indiana for parole violations and theft. He was released in 2012"

(sorry I couldn't figure out how the quote thing works-I'm just upset now)
THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.   ranton ranton Wake up folks, speak up, vote for what is right and just, and not what will pad your own wallet.  And Mothers:  DO NOT BRING MEN INTO YOUR HOMES and expose your children like this; besides, adultery and fornication is not a good example for your kids - being raped or murdered is even worse.

One day I will Google how many violent crimes have been committed
by felons who did not have to serve their time.

On the tool bar in the 4th box the first icon is for quotes. Click on it and then click on insert. Put the quote in the colored box and your comment in the white below it.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 am

Ladibug, Florida has addressed this problem. Convicted felons must serve 85 percent of their sentence before they are eligible for parole. In addition, if a sex offender is considered a risk he can remain locked up after he has served his sentence.

We currently have legislation pending that will increase mandatory sentences for sex offenders.

They can't be cured so they need to be locked up for life. IMO.

This might interest you: http://www.justice4caylee.org/t21329-joan-d-alessandro-7-yo-1973-convicted-neighbor-joseph-mcgowan-hillsdale-nj

Once you're a victim of a monster, it is for life, something that can never be forgotten.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 am

Canon City mother and two children killed in triple homicide identified by coroner

Child victims were just 5 and 9 years old

Mar 11, 2014
8 hours ago

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Folsom_Mandy_Family_EDITED_1394574480267_3359174_ver1.0_640_480
Mandy Folsom and her children, 9-year-old Marissa Lynn and 5-year-old Mason, in a December 2012 photo.

CANON CITY, Colo. - The mother and two children found murdered in Canon City Sunday night were identified Tuesday by the Fremont County Coroner.

Mandy Folsom, 35, was the mother of the victims. Her children, 9-year-old Marissa and 5-year-old Mason, were also found dead.
Fremont County Coroner Carlette Brocious said additional information about the autopsies of the victims will be released at a later date.

Folsom's other daughter, a teenager, escaped the home Sunday night and alerted a neighbor. She was allegedly sexually assaulted.
The suspect, 31-year-old Jaacob Van Winkle, could face the death penalty if he is convicted of the charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. He requested an attorney after being told about the possibility of capital punishment.

Van Winkle was convicted of child molesting and vicarious sexual gratification in Johnson County, Indiana in 2004, according to the Indiana Department of Corrections. He was sentenced to four years and five months in prison on the child molesting count and 18 months in prison on the sexual gratification count.

In 2007, Van Winkle was sentenced to an additional two years and nine months in prison on the same child molesting case, according to the Department of Corrections said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/state-news/canon-city-mother-and-two-children-killed-in-triple-homicide-identified-by-coroner
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 am

Beautiful little boy and girl.  They look happy and well loved and cared for.  It's a shame she brought this monster into their lives. 

This is an unspeakable tragedy.  It is compounded by the knowledge that this POS monster, pedophile pervert should have been in prison. 

Looks like she found out he raped her daughter and was going to report it, that set him off.  Evil POS.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 am

Colorado Triple Homicide Suspect Could Face Death Penalty, Has Criminal History of Child Abuse

By Sami K. Martin , Christian Post Reporter
March 12, 2014|8:20 am
MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Jaacob-van-winkle
(Photo: Courtesy Canon City Police)
Jaacob Van Winkle is a suspect in a triple homicide.

The residents of Canon City, Colorado are struggling to cope with the loss of three residents after a convicted child molester killed a woman and her two young children. Jaacob van Winkle allegedly murdered a 35-year-old woman and her two children, a 5-year-old boy and 9-year-old girl, at their home on Sunday night.

Officers were alerted to the murders by a teenage girl who was in the home and managed to escape and call for help. She told authorities that she had been sexually assaulted by van Winkle, who was found inside the home and arrested without any fuss. Van Winkle was a friend of the mother's and had been living at the home.

Van Winkle is currently being held without bond on charges of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under age 12, sexual assault on a child under age 15 involving a pattern of abuse, and sexual assault involving force or threat and kidnapping, The Denver Channel reported.

"The possible penalty is life without parole or if the district attorney chooses, to seek the death penalty, but the DA will not have to make that decision until later in the case," Judge David Thorson said during van Winkle's court appearance on Monday. Van Winkle was then taken back to jail.

Van Winkle has a criminal history of child molestation and vicarious sexual gratification in Indiana, according to the Indiana Department of Corrections. He was sentenced to four years and five months in prison for the molestation and 18 months in prison for the sexual gratification charge. Three years later, he was sentenced to an additional two years and nine months on the same molestation case.

Officials are conducting autopsies on the woman and her children in order to determine how they died and are not releasing the names just yet in order to afford the family privacy. The teenage girl who managed to escape was treated and released for her injuries.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/colorado-triple-homicide-suspect-could-face-death-penalty-has-criminal-history-of-child-abuse-116011/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 am

Community Remembers Murdered Mom, Kids

Updated: Sun 7:59 AM, Mar 16, 2014

MASON and MARISSA FOLSOM (and Mother Mandy) - 5 and 9 / Charged: Mother's boyfriend, Jaacob Van Winkle - Canon City, CO Folsom+mandy+mason+marrisa+canon+city+murder+homicide+triple

Friends, family and the community came together Saturday to remember Mandy Folsom and her children Marissa,9, and Mason, 5. They were found dead in their Canon City home last Sunday night.

After the funeral there was a bake sale to raise money for Mandy's surviving family members.

"It was a 16 year old girl that just lost her family and shes going to need a lot of support and we wanted to let her know that we're thinking of her and want to help her," Vikki McFaul told KKTV 11 News.

Police have still not revealed how the family died.

The suspect, Jaacob VanWinkle is accused of first degree murder, kidnapping, and sex assault, but formal charges have not been filed yet. Prosecutors said they want to wait for autopsy results.

VanWinkle's next hearing is scheduled for March 20.

The Canon City Daily Record reports VanWinkle is being represented by public defender Daniel Zettler.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Community-Remembers-Murdered-Mom-Kids-250519381.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 am

Ladibug the third post from the top is to you. sad hug  hello  kisses
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down