Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA

2 posters

Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Empty UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Parent volunteer arrested in hammer attack on 9-year-old student

Posted: 10:04 p.m. Friday, May 30, 2014
By Jana Katsuyama, KTVU.com

OAKLAND, Calif. — Students said they were scared when they saw the police arrive at Lafayette Elementary School Friday morning.

An Oakland Unified School District spokesman told KTVU that a third grade student was outside on the playground about 10:40 Friday morning. They say a parent volunteer lured the girl into a nearby bathroom and then the woman allegedly assaulted the nine-year-old with a hammer.

The district says a security guard and a teacher walked in during the attack and called police.

A district spokesman Troy Flint says the woman was identified as Haseemah Diame. Diame was arrested on charges of assault with a deadly weapon. School officials say she likely did not have difficulty getting on campus because she was not a stranger but a parent, who was well-known at the school and was a frequent volunteer.

The girl was taken to Children's Hospital in Oakland. Other children who were playing nearby say they were scared.

"I just saw the police come into the boys bathroom and one of the kids I was playing with they said somebody came into the school," said Tracy Logan, a third-grade student who told KTVU that teachers ushered the children into classrooms.

Investigators are still trying to figure out a motive. District officials say it appears the woman did have a connection with the student's family.

"It may have something to do with rivalries and feuds that occur off campus spilling over onto the site," Flint told KTVU Friday after district officials met with staff at the elementary school.

The school supervisor sent a letter home with children Friday saying she was "outraged" and "in disbelief." She also wrote, "The child is incredibly resilient and is conscious and communicating despite her ordeal."

"That is very scary. I mean, if I were here and I see a lady with a hammer...I'd have taken my daughter right away," said Antoinette Badio, a parent.

"Why would somebody come and assault a little kid at school. it makes you afraid to send your kid to school cause it makes you feel like it's not safe for them to go to school," said another parent Christopher Slaughter.

School officials say the alleged attacker Diame could face additional charges. The district plans to have extra staffing at the school next week and discuss with the Lafayette students and parents how to assist the victim and her family.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/parent-arrested-after-hammer-attack-9-year-old-gir/ngBDM/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Empty Re: UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:35 am

What an evil crazy bitch.  Will her child still attend the same school?   The other kids will take her mother's actions out on her.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Empty UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/14) - / Charged: Volunteer mother, Haseemah Diame - Oakland, CA

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:00 am

California mom arrested for allegedly attacking girl with hammer in school bathroom  

The 9-year-old was allegedly lured into a bathroom at Lafayette Elementary School in Oakland by another child's mother before she was attacked, according to a school spokesman. The girl was hospitalized with serious injuries.

BY Nina Golgowski
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, June 2, 2014, 5:38 PM

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Hammer3n-3-webKBCW A third-grader at Lafayette Elementary School in Oakland, Calif., pictured, was allegedly lured into a school bathroom and beaten with a hammer by a parent of another child, according to school officials and police.

A California mother has been arrested after allegedly luring a third grade girl into a school's bathroom and beating her with a hammer.

The sick and apparently unprovoked act against the 9-year-old at Lafayette Elementary School in Oakland on Friday resulted in the child being hospitalized with serious injuries, according to a school spokesman.

Haseemah Diame, who actively volunteered at the school and was well known, was arrested shortly after exiting the bathroom where the child was found, according to District Spokesman Troy Flint.

"We don't know exactly what motivated this attack," Flint told the Daily News on Monday. "It may have grown out of a feud between two families at the school."

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Hammer3n-4-web
John E. Kelly/Getty Images/Getty Images The 9-year-old was found by a teacher and security guard in a bathroom shortly after .
she was beaten with a hammer (not pictured). A district spokesperson said Haseemah Diame was arrested.

Both Diame and the unidentified child's mother are described as recent immigrants from Yemen, an ethnicity that makes up some 10% of the school's families, according to Flint.

When the child suspiciously went missing around 10:40 a.m., Flint credited a teacher and a security guard with searching for her and finding her and the attacker in a locked bathroom.

Flint said they pair unlocked the door and the child at first appeared to be alone. That's when Diame also appeared and started to walk out.

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Hammer3n-1-webNBC Bay Area The girl, believed to be the daughter of another parent who had some kind of fued with suspect Haseemah Diame, was hospitalized at Oakland Children's Hospital with serious injuries, according to cops.

She was taken into custody on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, KPIX reported.

"It was a serious attack but the girl is incredibly resilient," said Flint. "She's still in the hospital and doing well and expecting to recover."

Meanwhile the school is working to comfort and assure students and their families that the horrific event was a rare one that won't happen again.

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA 12300145

"The staff itself has done a superb job in just trying to emphasize that this is an aberration," said Flint. "It's natural to have some anxiety (but) they shouldn't feel threatened."

Extra administrators have been sent to the school to provide needed support.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mother-arrested-beating-girl-hammer-school-article-1.1814512#ixzz33eRmB5em
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA Empty Re: UNNAMED GIRL - 9 yo (5/2014)/ Charged: Haseemah Diame - Oakland CA

Post by mom_in_il Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Threads merged.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down