Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED GIRL - 17 yo (7/14) - / Charged: Neighbor, Chad Pickering - Bemidji, MN

Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 17 yo (7/14) - / Charged: Neighbor, Chad Pickering - Bemidji, MN Empty UNNAMED GIRL - 17 yo (7/14) - / Charged: Neighbor, Chad Pickering - Bemidji, MN

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:11 am

Minnesota man ambushes, shoots teen neighbor 3 times after she asks him to not trespass: police 

Chad Pickering, 40, waited for the 17-year-old girl to come outside before allegedly shooting her three times on her deck. He told police he was upset she asked him to stop riding his lawn mower on her Bemidji, Minn., yard.

BY Sasha Goldstein
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:31 Pm

AP

Chad Pickering was charged Wednesday with shooting a 17-year-old girl several times after she told him not to ride his lawn mower through her yard.

A Minnesota man ambushed his 17-year-old neighbor, shooting her three times, hours after she asked him to not ride his lawn mower through her yard, prosecutors say.

Chad Pickering, 40, told investigators the teen was “a bitch” who “threatened him” Monday afternoon, before he “went over to (her house) and knelt down by a pine tree … and ‘I waited, and I waited and I waited,’”

The shooting has frightened residents in the town of Bemidji, in the northern part of the state, after the girl was shot in the chest, thigh and ankle. The teen was released from the hospital Thursday, but could be unable to walk for months as she continues to recover, neighbor Brianna Benson told the newspaper.

“One bullet missed her heart by 2 inches,” Benson told the paper of the injured teen, who used to baby-sit her kids.

Now charged with first-degree attempted murder, Pickering told investigators he took his kids for a ride on the mower when “a girl came to the front door and threatened him,” court documents obtained by the Star Tribune read.

She left and Pickering later followed, waiting 20 minutes until the girl came out on her deck. She said, “Oh, God,” after he shot her once, and then he shot her twice more as she dropped to the deck, the documents say.

“He said that he was very upset with the girl coming to his house and that he had a lot of thoughts racing through his mind as he was walking towards his home,” the court documents read.

Unable to walk, the girl was able to drag herself inside and call police, who found her on the living room floor around 10 p.m.

Once stabilized, the girl told cops “that the neighborhood had been having problems with an individual who lived three doors south of her,” the documents read. “She said that she did not know the person’s name, but that he had been repeatedly riding his lawn mower through her yard and that he routinely carried a pistol in a holster while riding a lawn mower.”

Pickering allegedly used his Facebook page to attack gun control legislation, writing that voters should “ditch the retards that are taking this country down the drain,” the now-deleted page said, the Star Tribune reported.

Cops busted the man after they found a .45-caliber pistol in a vent in his house.

He’s held in lieu of $1 million bail and is scheduled to appear in court Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/minn-man-shoots-teen-neighbor-3-times-asks-trespass-police-article-1.1880738#ixzz38bza3LjY
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down