Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAYLA FAST - 17 months (4/2015)/ Charged: Mother; Taylor Lynn Fast - Festus MO

Go down

LAYLA FAST - 17 months (4/2015)/ Charged: Mother; Taylor Lynn Fast - Festus MO Empty LAYLA FAST - 17 months (4/2015)/ Charged: Mother; Taylor Lynn Fast - Festus MO

Post by mom_in_il Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Police investigate Festus toddler's death

Elizabeth Matthews & Brandie Piper, KSDK-TV
10:10 a.m. CDT April 21, 2015

FESTUS, Mo. - Police in Festus have taken a man into custody to question him in the death of a toddler. The 17-month-old girl was found dead early Sunday morning, and police believe it's an extreme case of child abuse.

The girl's mother, 21-year-old Taylor Lynn Fast, is in custody and has been charged with second-degree endangering the welfare of a child. Her boyfriend has been taken into custody for questioning, but his name has not been released. The girl's family just want answers.

LAYLA FAST - 17 months (4/2015)/ Charged: Mother; Taylor Lynn Fast - Festus MO 635651349386760321-Taylor-lynn-fast
Taylor Lynn Fast(Photo: Festus Police Department)

"All I want it justice and I really don't care who did it, as long as justice is served," said David Dunn, the victim's step-grandfather.

Family members of 17-month-old Layla Fast say they are devastated.

"Beautiful, absolutely adorable, little blond hair blue eyes, probably one of the cutest baby girls I've ever seen," said Dunn.

And her mother? Dunn says Taylor Fast was a good mom. Now she's held on $10,000 cash-only bond.

"Very good mother she was always around, talked to us, communicated, Facebook, phone text whatever. Beautiful little girl, beautiful mom and then we find out today," said Dunn.

"Somebody needs to be held accountable. What happened to this child was nothing less than hell on earth," said Chief Tim Lewis with the Festus Police Department. He says on Sunday morning Fast called 911 saying her daughter was suffering from a spider bite.

Lewis says when they arrived, they found signs of abuse. The little girl was dead, and her 3-year-old brother was suffering from a broken leg. Paramedics say Layla had to her face and neck, bruises all over her body, and had been dead for several hours. Her brother was taken to an area hospital for treatment and transferred to the Division of Family Services. Authorities say neither Fast nor her boyfriend have a prior criminal history.

"It's just not even really hit yet. It's just like we are waiting for that phone call of when she can come over," said Dunn.

"That's my building, that's the same building. It's so close and I wish I could have heard something. If I did I would have called," said Jessica Bauman, Fast's neighbor. She says she heard the news and hugged her daughter a little tighter Monday morning.

Christine Corcoran with Lutheran Family and Children's Services says this is a community problem that we all need to watch for.

"Unexplained bruises, marks, unkemptness often domestic violence goes along with child abuse and neglect. So if there's been multiple domestic violence calls or if there's shouting in the home," said Corcoran.

Police are still waiting for the medical examiner's report. Lewis believes more charges will be filed in the case after a cause of death is determined.

If you suspect a child is being abused, call the Missouri Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-392-3738.

Layla Fast's family has set up a GoFundMe account to help with funeral costs.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2015/04/20/toddler-dies-festus/26064677/?fb_ref=Default
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down