Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL

2 posters

Go down

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Empty QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 am

A five-month-old baby is out of the ICU. The baby was rushed to Joe
DiMaggio Children's Hospital after deputies say he was abused by his
babysitter.
Christina Maulsby noticed her son, Quentin, had a
bruise on his forehead while picking him up at his sitter's house last
week. Quentin was vomiting, shaking and going limp. The babysitter,
Cherie Landowski said a toy had hit him.
But, detectives say
Landowski hit him on the head. Doctors say Quentin suffered swelling
and blood in the brain plus two broken ribs.
"Nobody should have
to go through what we've gone through, watch what we've had to watch our
son go through," says Christina Maulsby.
Deputies arrested
Landowski for aggravated child abuse. The baby's father, Grant Maulsby,
is distraught that Landowski could have done something like this.
"There's
anger, sadness, confusion," says Grant Maulsby.
Christina
Maulsby says she checked out Landowski before hiring her.
"I was
referred by a christian academy school of this woman and my
mother-in-law and I interviewed her six weeks ago," says Christina
Maulsby. "I went back a week later to watch her interact with Quentin."
Landowski's
attorney, Landon Miller, says her comments to law enforcement were
misconstrued.
"We are confident that when all the facts are
known, Mrs. Landowski will not be found guilty of the current
allegations she is facing," says Miller.
The baby's family says
Quentin is still having a difficult time keeping down food. They're
still not sure when he'll be released from the hospital.
They
say they have received an incredible amount of support from their
community.
"It's a very emotional time and we're a spiritual
family," says Quentin's grandfather, Danny Calgaard. "There is a lot of
good in the world so you wanna focus on that."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Empty Re: QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL

Post by willcarney Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Babysitter who caused newborn brain damage by hitting him over the head with his bottle, is jailed for 10 years

By Paul Thompson PUBLISHED:10:26 EST, 5 June 2013

babysitter who hit a five-month-old baby boy over the head with a feeding bottle, leaving him brain damaged, has been jailed for ten years.

Cherie Landowski, 27, pleaded no contest to an aggravated child abuse charge from the March 2010 horror attack at her home in Naples, Florida.

Landowski had been looking after newborn Quentin Maulsby at her home when she became frustrated that he would not take his bottle.

Prosecutors said she lost control and hit him with the bottle.

Hours later the baby began to vomit, started shaking and his body went limp.

Landowski told the baby's parents Christina and Grant Maulsby that the injury was caused by a toy.

Quentin suffered bleeding on the brain and also had two broken ribs. The baby spent a week in hospital.

Now aged three and half, Quentin suffered permanent brain damage and is in a special needs school.

After the attack in March 2010 Christina said she was suffering every parent’s worst nightmare.

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Article-2336328-1A2A12E7000005DC-201_306x423
Jailed: Cherie Landowski (pictured) pleaded no contest to an aggravated child abuse charge

She said had hired a babysitter as she had returned to work after the birth of her son.

Christiana said she had checked references for Landowski before allowing her to look after their son.

Recalling being told her son was not well, she said:'When she called me and said he was throwing up, I knew something had to be wrong because when I dropped him off he was smiling, happy, wasn't a sick child.

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Article-2336328-1A2A1308000005DC-873_634x631
After the attack: Grant and Christina Maulsby stand for a portrait with their son, Quentin, at the Bonita Springs Parks and Recreation center on Tuesday, June 4, 2013, he suffered brain damage after the March 2010 incident

QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Article-2336328-1A2A1310000005DC-301_306x452QUENTIN MAULSBY - 5 months - Fort Myers FL Article-2336328-1A2A12ED000005DC-997_306x452
Horror attack: Babysitter Cherie Landowski (left) is seen holding an unidentified baby, while Grant Maulsby (right) is pictured with his son, Quentin, as he is now

'Beyond, beyond my worst nightmare,' Maulsby said.

As her son lay seriously ill in hospital she said her strength comes from dozens of messages friends have left online

'That's what is getting us through the, the support. We have an amazing family and an amazing community that really together we feel the prayers all the way over here,' she said.

Landowski had been due to stand trial in Collier County Court on Tuesday, but changed her plea to one of no contest.

As well as the ten year prison sentence she will also be on 20 years probation when released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336328/Babysitter-caused-newborn-brain-damage-hitting-head-bottle-jailed-10-years.html

She should have gotten life with no parole. That little angel could have died. He will suffer from brain damage all his life. William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down