Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL

3 posters

Go down

MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL Empty MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Kissimmee FL ---- Kimberly Coleman waits for her grandchild to recover while
worrying about her son accused of hurting the 3-month-old boy.

Suffering signs of shaken baby syndrome, Matthew Coleman Jr. was rushed
in critical condition Tuesday to Arnold
Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando, according to Kissimmee
police

His father, Matthew Coleman, 21, admitted shaking the infant in a rage
of frustration over crying, arrest records show. He remains held without
bail in the Osceola
County Jail on a single count of aggravated child abuse.

"I know my son was wrong. He kind of lost it with the baby," Kimberly
Coleman said Friday. "He has an anger issue, but he's never been violent
toward anybody."

The latest news about Matthew Jr. looked promising. He was breathing on
his own Friday, feeding on bottle and burping, said the grandmother.

"The bleeding has stopped in the brain," she said. "He's well on his way
to recovery."

Other members of the family maintained a vigil at the hospital, while
the father awaits word of his son's progress. The young father had been
overjoyed at the birth of his son after miscarriages ended three earlier
pregnancies, according to his mother.

"When this one was born I've never seen him so proud," his mother said.

Shaken baby syndrome is one of the most common causes of child abuse
deaths in Florida, according to the state Department of Health. Violent
shaking of an infant – typically triggered in young fathers and male
caregivers by uncontrolled crying - can leave survivors to suffer from
cerebral palsy, blindness, deafness, seizures
and learning disabilities.

According to police and arrest records, Coleman was at his apartment on
Grand Cayman Court around noon on Tuesday when the infant began crying
uncontrollably. Known as "Posta Boy," he worked as a cook at a local
Applebee's restaurant and was home alone with his son.

"Matthew Sr. was frustrated and shook his infant son violently to make
him stop crying," the arrest report stated. "Matthew Sr. then threw his
infant son on the bed and left the apartment to smoke a cigarette. When
Matthew Sr. returned, (the baby) was not breathing and was turning
blue."

The young father called 911 and initially told firefighters that he left
the child to nap in the master bedroom and found him lying face down
and not breathing. Treated first at Osceola Regional Hospital, the baby
was transferred to Arnold Palmer Hospital where "doctors concluded that
(the) injuries were consistent with being shaken violently," the arrest
report stated.

On Wednesday, Matthew Coleman went to Kissimmee police headquarters and
admitted he had shaken and thrown his son on the bed for crying, records
show.

"I know he's going to go away for a long time and he's going to suffer,
but he's already suffering," Kimberly Coleman said. "I love my son and I
will stand behind him."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL Empty Re: MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL

Post by kiwimom Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 am

Beats me why he was trying so hard to become a father at his young age. If his partner?(mother not mentioned at all) had previously suffered 3 miss-carriages they began trying for a baby too young IMO. How old was the babies mother I wonder? Where was she? I keep harping on about it but young men are not best equipped to care for infants and I don't think they should be put in that situation if possible. So many dead children and young mens lives ruined.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL Empty Re: MATTHEW COLEMAN Jr - 3 months - Kissimmee FL

Post by loveyousomebody Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

mattie jr { the baby} is fine doing well and the mother was at work during this and it dosent say 3 misscariges are with the same woman the mother is the same age as the father

loveyousomebody
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Welcome to the blog loveyousomebody. Thanks for the info. I guess you know the family?
I'm glad that the baby is still doing well. Do you mean to say that 18 year old Matthew had tried to get other girls pregnant? What my point is that I wish teenagers would not have babies. Most of the time they do not have steady relationships, they do not have steady careers, they do not have steady homes. The grandparents and other extended family being younger too are often still working so they are unable to help much with the baby. If the mother had waited another 10 years she may have been in a position to not have to work for the first few years of the babies life. Raising children is demanding and requires a lot of patience and patience (and selflessness) isn't something that most teenagers have - especially young men. The fact that they thought it was a good idea to have a baby at 18 years old just shows that they have not matured enough to make the right choices in life yet. I wish poor baby Mattie the best of luck for his future. I hope the mother uses day care facilities when she's working and does not expect any future boyfriends to look after him. You only have to read all our other stories here to see how badly that can turn out too.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by loveyousomebody Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:51 am

Yes Mattie jr is my cousin and he's not 18 he's 21 if u notice it says that above but no he had girls who happen to get pregnant and lose it before he's ever met this girl and Matthew sr is mature and this is some what wrng info typed in this article Matt would never hurt the baby intentionaly I am not sayn this due to me being family but he was so loving to this baby he loves it with all he has and made a mistake all details are not in story but play a major part

loveyousomebody
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am

Again, Welcome loveyou. I understand that "mistakes" can happen. Things that wouldn't normally bother you, out of the blue, seem to send your temper through the roof. You wouldn't agree, however, that Anger Displacement by hurting someone is OK? And that hurting a BABY would be even worse. I think this ability to channel anger and hostility to proper outlets comes with maturity.
Prayers to the younger Mattie for his future happiness and health.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by loveyousomebody Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 am

Matt sr has never hurt anyone when he had a anger issue this is why this is a shock like I said u guys do not have any details that you need ... Whenever he was mad he always punched a tree never hurt any one but nobody considers this at all the father meant absalute no harm to the baby intentionaly he did not realize what he was doing to the baby at the time and is paying the price for it he feels horrible I don't find it okay at all and he dosent even think it's okay but we all do things before we think and this was one of these times

loveyousomebody
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am

LYS: You keep saying there are details we don't know. OK, with that, why not enlighten us? Give us the details that would make it permissible to hurt a baby so much that it would cause bleeding on the brain? Give us the details that would allow a full-grown man to throw a helpless infant on to a bed so hard that he would stop breathing?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by loveyousomebody Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:16 pm

I can not say the details and I never said it was permissable but u guys shouldn't judege anyone. Like I said he didn't mean to hurt the baby he was tryn to get him to calm down sumtimes you don't know ur own strength and what I will say is he did NOT throw the baby on the bed he put it down I told u sum info in ur article is wrong some articles do have wrong infor like he does have a bond and articles are sayn he has no bond or 2 charges he has a bond and one charge

loveyousomebody
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 am

loveyousombody I'm very glad you are discussing this with us. We understand that the media don't always have all the facts straight at times and always appreciate someone letting us know. I'm sure your cousin is remorseful. What I am saying is that he could not control his anger. That's obvious from what you say about him punching trees. A young man with anger issues should NEVER be left alone to care for an infant. Your cousin clearly had not dealt with his anger issues. Often these issues are due to his own needs not being met. Babies are very needy and demanding and this can make a young angry man
resentful and they lash out at the baby. Your cousin was also very irresponsible to keep having unprotected sex with various girls. Surely after the first pregnancy he should have been careful so it wouldn't happen again. This was a disaster waiting to happen. He was not mature enough to be a father. If I can get my message across to other young people to wait until they are older we will have fewer battered and murdered babies and children.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down