Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL

+3
yvette67
TomTerrific0420
oviedo45
7 posters

Go down

SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL Empty SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL

Post by oviedo45 Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Lake County deputies arrested a Leesburg-area
man on an aggravated child abuse charge involving a 3-year-old boy,
officials said.Matthew William Byrd, 23, was taken into custody early this afternoon.Deputies
investigated the case starting Tuesday in which a 3-year-old boy was
reported unresponsive and brought to Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando.
Investigators discovered that the child
suffered a head injury inconsistent with an account Byrd provided."During an
interview with detectives, Byrd made incriminating statements that led
detectives to believe he is responsible for the child's injuries," Lt.
John Herrell with the lake County Sheriff's Office said in a statement
released today.The incident happened in the Bassville Park area
of Leesburg. The relationship between Byrd and the boy is not being
released to protect the abuse victim's identity. The child lives at
location where the alleged abuse occurred, but officials did not release
that address.The boy was listed in critical condition today.
Herrell said his injuries are life-threatening.Byrd told deputies
he was inside the home doing dishes while the two children were outside
playing. When he heard a 1-year-old outside screaming, Byrd san he ran
out and found the 3-year-old boy "lying motionless outside," according
to his arrest affidavit.But Arnold Palmer later contacted the Sheriff's Office and said the child's
injuries were not consistent with Byrd's story."They advised the
child had a closed head injury and was suffering from brain
shearing," according to the affidavit. Those injuries are "commonly
associated with a high velocity impact," such as a fall from a
five-story building or a high speed car crash, the medical officials
noted.Deputies said Byrd was the only person watching the child
that day and solely responsible for him, according to the affidavit.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-child-abuse-case-lake-20100604,0,7967770.story
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL Empty "Toddler John Doe" - 3 yo - Leesburg (NW of Orlando) FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:17 am

A 3-year-old boy is dead after suffering severe head injuries when a
man allegedly beat him last week, Lake County sheriff's officials said Friday.
The child died early Thursday at Arnold Palmer Hospital, said sheriff's Lt. John Herrell.
Matthew Byrd, 23, was arrested June 4 and charged with aggravated
child abuse. The child's death means the charge against Byrd may be
upgraded by the state attorney's office, Herrell said.
Assistant State Attorney Bill Gross said Friday that prosecutors will
examine many factors in deciding what charge to bring against Byrd. It
may be manslaughter or second-degree murder, Gross said.
Some factors include reports from police agencies, the Department of
Children and Families and the medical examiner, not to mention the child's medical records.
Detectives began investigating the case on June 1 after someone
reported the boy was unresponsive. The child was taken by helicopter to the hospital.
Detectives later learned that the boy had suffered a head injury that
was not consistent with the account given by Byrd, Herrell said.
Byrd told deputies that he was inside doing dishes and two children,
including the alleged victim, were playing outside. Byrd also said he
heard the 1-year-old scream, he ran outside to see the 3-year-old lying motionless.
The mother of the 3-year-old was not present when the child was found
motionless, but arrived later, about the time paramedics got to the scene, the affidavit said.
During an interview with detectives, Byrd made statements that led
detectives to believe he is responsible for the child's injuries.
Investigators compared the child's injuries to those one might suffer after falling five stories.
The incident occurred in the Bassville Park area of Leesburg, Herrell
said. Authorities are not disclosing the relationship between Byrd and
the victim to protect the identity of the victim, in accordance with state laws.
In addition, the address of the incident location -- the child's home-- also is being withheld.
Byrd is being held in the Lake County Detention Center without bail,
according to online records from the sheriff's office.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL Empty Re: SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL

Post by yvette67 Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 pm

god bless the baby and damn Byrd
yvette67
yvette67
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL Empty Re: SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL

Post by KnightofZero81 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm

You know.. You don't even know if it's true.. I know the guy, and I know the mother.. I don't know why the cops arent looking at her, she's a liar and a whore, and i'm being honest... I've known Matt for about a year now, and he has nothing to gain from killing the child of the woman he was living with/dating.. I'd bet she did it.. The reports i've seen indicated the injuries were sustained within a week prior to his collapse.. And there are no facts to support his being charged with murder.. MURDER by the letter of the law, requires MOTIVE, and INTENT, whether or not it's premeditated or not..

KnightofZero81
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:53 am

Some pretty serious charges there 081Knight... can you substantiate your claims?

This quote is from the initial story above:
the child suffered a head injury inconsistent with an account Byrd provided."During an interview with detectives, Byrd made incriminating statements that led detectives to believe he is responsible for the child's injuries,"

Why, if not guilty, as you claim, would your friend make these statements incriminating himself?

Welcome to the J4C Blog and please contribute more details as you are able...
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon May 16, 2011 4:36 pm

1/28/2011 44 NO TRUE BILL RETURNED AS TO MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
1/28/2011 43 DEFT NOT PRESENT FOR GRAND JURY HELD 012811 - STATE REPRESENTED BY WILLIAM GROSS - QUORUM OF 17 MEMBERS RETURNED A NO TRUE BILL AS TO MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE - DEFT REMAINS IN CUSTODY ON OTHER CHARGES
1/28/2011 44 NO TRUE BILL RETURNED AS TO MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
1/28/2011 43 DEFT NOT PRESENT FOR GRAND JURY HELD 012811 - STATE REPRESENTED BY WILLIAM GROSS - QUORUM OF 17 MEMBERS RETURNED A NO TRUE BILL AS TO MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE - DEFT REMAINS IN CUSTODY ON OTHER CHARGES
FELONY SENTENCING PUBLIC DEFENDER 5/20/2011 8:30 AM 1:25 PM SEMENTO, LAWRENCE J
http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/record_searches/online_court_records/online_court_records_detail.asp?case_id=89465870
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 pm

10/12/2011 99 ***NO GOOD ADDRESS - NOT SENT*** NOTICE TO DEFT AND APD FOR PNC 10/25/11 @ 9:00 AM / SNT 11/7/11 @ 9:00 AM
10/11/2011 101 AMENDED NOTICE, PRAECIPE & SUBPOENA FOR TAKING DEPO
10/11/2011 COURT EVENT SET Event: FELONY SENTENCING PUBLIC DEFENDER Date: 11/07/2011 Time: 9:00 am Judge: SEMENTO, HONORABLE LAWRENCE J Location: COURTROOM 6
10/10/2011 100 ORDER AUTHORIZING DEPO
10/10/2011 98 DEFT NOT PRESENT FOR SNT - ATTY PRES - CASE CONT TO 11/7/11 SNT

http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/record_searches/online_court_records/online_court_records_detail.asp?case_id=89465870
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:31 am

11/7/2011 103 DEFT NOT PRESENT FOR SNT - APD PRES - SNT CONT TO 12.5.2011

mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:48 pm

1/4/2012 COURT EVENT SET Event: FELONY SENTENCING PUBLIC DEFENDER Date: 01/30/2012 Time: 9:00 am Judge: SEMENTO, HONORABLE LAWRENCE J Location: COURTROOM 6

mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 am

Can someone please translate the court record heiroglyphx????

I am reading that court sentencing is taking place, That means a plea or verdict of guilty, correct????

Sign me,

INCHOIRING MINES WAN TWO NO
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:Can someone please translate the court record heiroglyphx????

I am reading that court sentencing is taking place, That means a plea or verdict of guilty, correct????

Sign me,

Tom, I was thinking the same thing when I read this earlier. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I was hoping someone might interpret it and I thought it might be you! wave

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 am

babyjustice wrote:
TomTerrific0420 wrote:Can someone please translate the court record heiroglyphx????

Sign me,

Tom, I was thinking the same thing when I read this earlier. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I was hoping someone might interpret it and I thought it might be you! SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL 481185

Sorry, I totally skipped Eqyptian class in high school
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
babyjustice wrote:

Sign me,

Tom, I was thinking the same thing when I read this earlier. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I was hoping someone might interpret it and I thought it might be you! SHILOH CASEY - 3 yo (2010)/ Convicted: Mother's BF; Matthew William Byrd - Leesburg FL 481185

Sorry, I totally skipped Eqyptian class in high school

No If you look at his case Felony Sentencing started 8/16/2010

He'll be back in court the 30th.
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 am

BYRD, MATTHEW WILLIAM, Case No. 2010 CF 001599

5/28/2013   272   DEFT PRES FOR SNT, APD CARRANZA PRES; PREV PLEA W/DRAWN, PLEA OF GUILTY TO LESSER INCLUDED OFFENSE AS TO CT 1 OF: [MANSLAUGHTER ENTERED; PLEA OF GUILTY AS CHARGED AS TO CT 2 ENTERED; PLEA ACCEPTED, ADJUDGED GUILTY BOTH CTS; SNT TO 15 YRS DOC AS TO CT 1; 5 YRS PROBATION AS TO CT 2; CTS 1 & 2 CONSECUTIVE; CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED/GTE OF 1090 DAYS (PER LCJ); SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF PROB: ANGER MGMT COUNSELING, NO CONTACT W/CHILDREN UNTIL ANGER MGMT CLASS COMPLETED; NO CONTACT W/VICTIMS FAMILY; RESTITUTION RESERVED; MAY PETITION FOR E/T AFTER 30 MOS IF IN FULL COMPLIANCE; ADVISED OF IMMIGRATION STATUS; COSTS ASSESSED; COURT RECOMMENDS: DEFT TO BE HOUSED IN A FACILITY CLOSE TO LAKE CO.

6/5/2013   283   SENTENCE

6/5/2013   284   ORDER OF PROBATION

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:02 am

Bassville Park resident Matthew Byrd gets 15-year prison term in death of girlfriend's toddler

June 1, 2013
By Ludmilla Lelis, Orlando Sentinel

A Bassville Park man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for manslaughter and child abuse in the 2010 death of his former girlfriend's 3-year-old son. Matthew W. Byrd, 26, pleaded guilty and will also serve five years probation.

In June 2010, Byrd had told Lake deputies that he was inside his Bassville Park home near Leesburg, which he shared with the mother of Shiloh Casey, according to a report. Byrd said he heard Shiloh screaming outside and then found the little boy lying motionless outside, the report said.

The boy was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando, where he remained in critical condition for several days, eventually dying from his injuries. Doctors determined the boy had a closed head injury and was suffering from brain shearing, an injury often associated with a fall from a tall building or a high-speed car crash, according to the report. Byrd was arrested after investigators found that he was the only person watching the child that day and was solely responsible for the boy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-01/news/os-lk-sentencing-child-abuse-manslaughter-20130601_1_bassville-park-15-year-prison-term-girlfriend
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down