Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI

+5
hope4life
alwaysbelieve
tears4caylee
kiwimom
TomTerrific0420
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Empty ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:42 am

The toddlers' mothers came to the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday to identify the bodies. They both say the medical examiner told them the deaths were intentional and that he's ruling homicide.

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI 5P-P-KIDS-FOUND-DEAD-ALLEN-_20101020180015_320_240

One-year-old Ella Grace Stafford and one-year-old Jonathon Sanderlin were
both found dead Tuesday morning in their father's Allen Park apartment.
Few can imagine what their mothers are feeling. "It's so hard for me to accept," said Sarah McGee, Jonathon's mother. "It's absolutely terrible," said Taylor Stafford, Ella's mother. Just a day later, the medical examiner confirmed what they already knew. "It was intentional," McGee said. However, the way these babies died is all the more sickening. "Her skin was burnt off from scalding hot water," Stafford said. "His face is just so bad," said McGee. Ella's mother, Taylor Stafford, and Jonathon's mother, Sarah McGee, say the babies were left in the water while it got progressively hotter. McGee believes her son, Jonathon, was the intended target because his burns were more severe than Ella's. "I knew he was going to torture him from the beginning because it was already starting off in small things like beating on him, suffocating him with pillows," McGee said. Both mothers claimed they called police and Child Protective Services time and time again, but nothing was done. The 27-year-old father is in police custody. Sources tell FOX 2 he told police the babies climbed into the tub themselves and turned on the water. That's a story the mother's believed was a lie from the very start. "Two babies just don't climb in a bathtub and drown themselves," said Stafford. The father is in police custody, but he has yet to be charged. Allen Park investigators have been working all day to complete their investigative packet. It will be sent to the prosecutor's office, and we could see criminal charges sometime on Thursday.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Empty Re: ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 am

"I knew he was going to torture him from the beginning because it was already starting off in small things like beating on him, suffocating him with pillows," McGee said.

---Sarah-HELLO??? Earth to SARAH, Hello?!?! IF you knew this, you should suffer the same punishment as this no good dumb ass.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Empty Re: ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm

The Wayne County Prosecutor's office has received a warrant request from the Allen Park Police in connection with the deaths of two toddlers.
The prosecutor's office is reviewing the request, said Maria Miller, spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office.
The children, 15-month old Ella Stafford and 13-month old Jonathan Sanderlin, were found dead in an apartment on Old Goddard Road. The children's father, Steven Nicholson, is being held by the Allen Park police. He has not been charged.
Ella's mother, Tayler Stafford, says that the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office told her that the children were scalded and drowned.
Public viewing is planned for Ella on Friday. Her burial ceremony is on Saturday in Brownstown Township.

TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Police expect the father of two children who drowned at Valley Spring apartment complex to be arraigned Friday in their deaths.

Police Chief Dean Tamsen said the arraignment was expected to be Thursday, but the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office is investigating the deaths further before issuing any charges.

The father, 27, is scheduled to appear at 2:30 p.m. Friday at 24th District Court, Tamsen said.

The sister and brother — Ella Stafford, 15 months, and Jonathan Sanderlin, 12 months — were pronounced dead early Tuesday by Fire Department officials. The children have different mothers.

At 2:16 a.m., police received a 911 call from Valley Spring apartment complex, 11331 Old Goddard Road.

The father told police his two children had drowned in a bathtub.

He was taken into custody Tuesday and is still being held in the city’s jail. His name has not been released pending charges.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 pm

ALLEN PARK, Mich. — The Wayne County medical examiner said two toddlers found dead in a Detroit-area apartment died from drowning and scalding.
Fifteen-month-old Ella Stafford and her half-brother, 13-month-old Jonathan Sanderlin, were found unresponsive inside the Valley Springs Apartments in Allen Park early Tuesday morning.
Ella Stafford's mother, Tayler Stafford, was called Thursday morning to the Allen Park police station for questioning. Originally she was asked to come in for 15 minutes, but she was questioned for nearly two hours, sources told Local 4.
Police said they were asking the woman pointed questions about where she was the night the children died.
Several neighbors have told police Tayler Stafford was at the home and fighting with the children's father Steven Nicholson in the hours before the children were found dead.
Nicholson is in police custody, but he has not been charged. Sources had told Local 4 that he was facing charges in connection with the children's deaths, but the Wayne County prosecutors said a warrant charging him has not been signed. The charges could include first-degree murder, felony murder and first-degree child abuse.
Allen Park Police Lt. James Wilkewitz said Nicholson, called 911 shortly after 2 a.m. and said his children had drowned in the bathtub of his apartment on Goddard Street.
When police arrived, Wilkewitz said, officers found the children dead and the apartment and hallway flooded with water.
The toddlers’ families identified the two at the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office on Wednesday.
“I’ve never been through this before. So, my first instinct, because I know Steve Nicholson so well, was that it was done intentionally,” said Jonathan’s mother, Sara McGee.
"We just identified Ella and that was it. A black and white picture. … It just showed the face and a little bit of hair," said Stafford's aunt, April Branham.
Branham said there was visible trauma to the baby's body, but she did not want to comment further about it.
“I love you, Ella Bean. I love you with all my heart,” Tayler Stafford said.
Tayler Stafford had said she was supposed to go to a movie Monday night with Nicholson, but when he didn't call, she went to bed. The next morning, she found a missed call from him -- about the time police said he called 911.
The children's mothers said they had talked recently between themselves about concerns for their children’s safety.
In one e-mail, which Stafford printed out, she writes to McGee that she thinks the children are being abused.
“We’ve been fighting so hard to get the babies out of the house, but nobody would listen to us,” McGee said.
Police said the father had full custody of Jonathon and court-ordered visitations with Ella.
McGee said she never trusted Nicholson and didn’t want him to be
a part of raising her son, so she moved to Cadillac, Mich. She said she was contacted by the court and told that Nicholson had been given sole custody because it had been decided that she was attempting to kidnap the child by leaving the area and refusing Nicholson to see him.“I’ve been through the police, I’ve been through the friend of the court, I’ve been through Child Protective Services numerous times, and nobody would listen to me,” McGee said. “Even when I brought evidence, they didn’t do anything.”Police said the father maintains that the children somehow turned on the tub and got in.“He was such a good dad. Every time I seen him, he was feeding them or bathing them or taking care of them,” said Nicholson’s cousin, Dawn Hood.Hood said Nicholson has called family members from jail and told them exactly what happened.“He went toward the bathroom to open the door and found his baby girl on the floor and his baby son in the bathtub,” she said.According to court records, Nicholson has convictions for possessing and distributing cocaine and drunken driving. His license has been suspended numerous times.
Community Mourns For ToddlersMore than 50 people gathered Tuesday night for a candlelight vigil in Champaign Park outside the Valley Springs Apartments.The public vigil was organized with help from Allen Park police.Ella Stafford’s grandmother, Renne Demery, said Nicholson treated her granddaughter better than Jonathon, and that she had contacted Child Protective Services recently."Because over the summer, he sat him on one of the chairs on the back and the baby fell on his head and he grabbed him by the arm and yanked him," Demery said.Police said officers have been called to Nicholson’s home several times for reports of domestic abuse.Demery said she is estranged from Nicholson because he has a dependency on alcohol and has been abusive."He would drink all day. Sip on a fifths all day. I would say, 'You can't do that. When you have children you have to give up your good life. You can't do that,'" Demery said.Neighbor Candice Curcio said she often found the father roughhousing the children.
"He would push them away, like come on let's go get in the house. He was just very rough with them," said Curcio."Two little babies lost their lives and that's the long and short of it," said the Valley Springs Apartments owner Nancy Dascenzo. "I am destroyed that this could happen here, anywhere. Two little babies lost their lives."A burial fund has been set up for Ella Stafford. Donations can be made to the Ella Gray Stafford fund at any Fifth Third Bank in metro Detroit.Ella Stafford's funeral will be Friday at the Martenson Funeral Home on Allen Road. The public viewing will be from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Services will be held at the same Saturday at 10 a.m.The funeral for Johnathan Sanderlin will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday at the Peterson Funeral Home in Cadillac, Mich. Visitation is scheduled for Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39742555
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm almost speechless about what these darling children suffered. Of course the horror story began a couple of years ago when two irresponsible girls who must have an IQ of a cockroach decided it would be a great idea to have a druggy and a loser who sat around drinking all day as a baby daddy, and proceeded to get pregnant to him. They knew he was abusing the childen - but hey - nothin I can do about it they say to themselves - we tried to tell people - while at the same time going to the movies with him etc.
As usual, we've got extended family members and neighbours eager to tell the media about all the incidents where they saw the children being abused and about the occasional half hearted attempt some of them made to do something about it.
As is quite common these days, nobody, from family to neigbours to authorities cared enough to actually DO anything to save these babies from their suffering.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by tears4caylee Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:38 am

I hope this FF bast$$$ rots in hell....The mother's should be charged too. They knew their babies were being abused...why didnt they go and take them out of that house and take them to the police station or a hospital to be checked out....May they RIP.....

Kiwi, I think a cockaroach is even smarter than these two girls...obviously they were still screweing around with him...they should go to jail to...they are just as responsible for the death of these two babies...
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 am

kiwimom wrote:I'm almost speechless about what these darling children suffered. Of course the horror story began a couple of years ago when two irresponsible girls who must have an IQ of a cockroach decided it would be a great idea to have a druggy and a loser who sat around drinking all day as a baby daddy, and proceeded to get pregnant to him. They knew he was abusing the childen - but hey - nothin I can do about it they say to themselves - we tried to tell people - while at the same time going to the movies with him etc.
As usual, we've got extended family members and neighbours eager to tell the media about all the incidents where they saw the children being abused and about the occasional half hearted attempt some of them made to do something about it.
As is quite common these days, nobody, from family to neigbours to authorities cared enough to actually DO anything to save these babies from their suffering.

heart Couldn't agree with you more Kiwi, this just makes my stomach turn. I think the SOB and, the "mother's" should all have to take a bath in boiling water, it is the correct punishment and, if it doesn't kill them--bullets are cheap. I also think it's time child protective services started getting some punishment for not doing their jobs, it's obvious people let the ball drop here and in so many other cases. These "mothers" need to be spayed so they can't do this again.

alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Empty Hope For Life!!!

Post by hope4life Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:54 pm

I believe that everyone has their own right to their opinion but until you have to walk in someone else shoes then you have no right to comment on it! I believe that the babies shouldn't have suffered but it's to late for that now....does anyone think how the mothers feel or know what they feel? May spirits be with all of you, you sure need it!!! Nobody deserves to be torture or to die....because then we are just as wrong for that! How can we teach our children right from wrong.....when we as adults do not do that ourselves? CPS, the courts, and any other authority figure should really think the next time about the child or family before the money!!! That is were the fault lies and nobody will stand up until it is to late!!! There is three sides to this story: one the fathers, two the mothers, and third the truth....nobody knows what happens behind closes doors. Think the next time before you speak please!!!!

hope4life
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:04 am

hope4life wrote:I believe that everyone has their own right to their opinion but until you have to walk in someone else shoes then you have no right to comment on it! I believe that the babies shouldn't have suffered but it's to late for that now....does anyone think how the mothers feel or know what they feel? May spirits be with all of you, you sure need it!!! Nobody deserves to be torture or to die....because then we are just as wrong for that! How can we teach our children right from wrong.....when we as adults do not do that ourselves? CPS, the courts, and any other authority figure should really think the next time about the child or family before the money!!! That is were the fault lies and nobody will stand up until it is to late!!! There is three sides to this story: one the fathers, two the mothers, and third the truth....nobody knows what happens behind closes doors. Think the next time before you speak please!!!!

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI 719242 I am thinking of these two precious children that were scalded to death. Their mothers KNEW, they were being abused but, didn't do enough to save them, they should have removed the children from that house. In MY OPINION, they are just as guilty as the father, they KNOW what that SOB piece of shit is but they still let him have unsupervised contact with these two babies. When you know your children are being abused you remove them from the situation and keep them safe any way that you have to, even if it means running with them, nobody was that committed to these two precious souls and they are the ones that paid the ultimate price for poor judgement from their mothers. I don't care if he had custody, if you know a child is being abused you scream from the rooftops to get something done to keep them safe. Too many of these young parents are more concerned with partying and sleeping with whoever is handy, it's time these young parents got a good dose of reality and start being charged along with the perp that commits a crime against the children.
Sorry if this offends you but, you need to step back and realize nobody stood up for these precious babies, it's time somebody did!!!!!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 am

I totally and unequivocally agree with you AB! Shame on you hope4life!
How dare you defend these PPP mothers who knew exactly what was going to happen. They should not be one bit surprised and if your child is being suffocated with pillows you should not bitch and moan about it when they come up deceased. It's bleeding hearts like you that perpetuate this nonsense. I have no ability to feel anything but DISGUST at these two NotMoms....
I will defend to the death your right to your opinion but that does not mean that I have to acknowledge it as anything but asinine.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:45 am

Children Found Dead Early Tuesday Morning; Mother Of One Child Questioned

7:22 pm EDT October 22, 2010

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- A metro Detroit man declared, "I didn't hurt my babies," after he was arraigned on murder charges Friday in the drowning deaths of his two toddlers.
Steven Nicholson sobbed as he entered the 24th District Court in Allen Park and listened as a judge read the charges against him: two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of felony homicide and two counts of child abuse. If convicted, he could spend life in prison.

Raw Video: Man Charged With Murder In Children's Death
Watch: Dad Accused Of Murder: 'I Didn't Hurt My Babies'

His daughter, 15-month-old Ella Stafford, and his son, 13-month-old Jonathon Sanderlin, were discovered unresponsive in Nicholson's Allen Park apartment on Tuesday -- after Nicholson called 911at about 2 a.m..
When officers arrived, Nicholson was sitting on the floor with the bodies in front of him, Allen Park police Detective Jeff Miller told a judge.

Nicholson told police that he woke up and found the kids in the bathtub but his statements are "inconsistent with evidence found at the scene," Miller said without elaborating.
The Wayne County medical examiner ruled that the toddlers died from drowning and scalding.
Nicholson was being held without bond. No defense attorney was present at the court and it was unclear if he had retained one.

“The alleged facts in this case have affected even the most seasoned prosecutors in this office," said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy. "We stand ready to bring this case to justice in a court of law."

Local 4 has learned Ella Stafford's mother, Taylor Stafford, was questioned by Allen Park police in connection with the case.

Police said they asked the mother pointed questions about where she was the night the children died.
Several neighbors reported to police that Taylor Stafford was at the home and fighting with Nicholson in the hours before the children were found dead. However, police said Nicholson told investigators he was the only adult home when the children died.

Stafford said she was supposed to go to a movie Monday night with Nicholson, but when he didn't call, she went to bed. The next morning, she found a missed call from him -- about the time police said he called 911.
"Right now, I'm trying to get them to give me a polygraph test, get my phone numbers, get my phone records. They have permission to do all that," Taylor Stafford said.

Watch: Dad May Be Charged In Toddlers' Deaths
Nicholson's aunt, Sandra Kirby, told Local 4 she spoke to him on the phone while he was in police custody.
"He was broken down. He was crying, hysterically crying, and the words he said to me, 'Aunt Sandy, I did not hurt my babies. You know what those babies meant to me' and I do believe him because I seen him with them," she said.

Watch: Father Being Questioned In Children's Deaths

Watch: Mothers Of Dead Toddlers Speaking Out

“I’ve never been through this before. So, my first instinct, because I know Steve Nicholson so well, was that it was done intentionally,” said Jonathan’s mother, Sara McGee.

The children's mothers said they had talked recently about concerns for their children’s safety.
In one e-mail, she wrote to McGee that she thought the children were being abused.

“We’ve been fighting so hard to get the babies out of the house, but nobody would listen to us,” McGee said.
Police said Nicholson had full custody of Jonathon and court-ordered visitations with Ella.

McGee said she never trusted Nicholson and didn’t want him to be a part of raising her son, so she moved to Cadillac, Mich.

She said she was contacted by the court and told that Nicholson had been given sole custody because it had been decided that she was attempting to kidnap the child by leaving the area and refusing to allow Nicholson to see him.
“I’ve been through the police, I’ve been through the friend of the court, I’ve been through Child Protective Services numerous times, and nobody would listen to me,” McGee said. “Even when I brought evidence, they didn’t do anything.”

Police said Nicholson maintains that the children somehow turned on the tub and got in.
“He was such a good dad. Every time I seen him, he was feeding them or bathing them or taking care of them,” said Nicholson’s cousin, Dawn Hood.

Hood said Nicholson has called family members from jail and told them exactly what happened.
“He went toward the bathroom to open the door and found his baby girl on the floor and his baby son in the bathtub,” she said.

According to court records, Nicholson has convictions for possessing and distributing cocaine and drunken driving. His license has been suspended numerous times.

Watch: 2 Children Found Dead In Allen Park

Community Mourns For Toddlers

More than 50 people gathered Tuesday night for a candlelight vigil in Champaign Park outside the Valley Springs Apartments.

The public vigil was organized with help from Allen Park police.

Ella Stafford’s grandmother, Renne Demery, said Nicholson treated her granddaughter better than Jonathon, and that she had contacted Child Protective Services recently.

"Because over the summer, he sat him on one of the chairs on the back and the baby fell on his head and he grabbed him by the arm and yanked him," Demery said.

Police said officers have been called to Nicholson’s home several times for reports of domestic abuse.
Demery said she is estranged from Nicholson because he is dependent on alcohol and has been abusive.
"He would drink all day. Sip on a fifths all day. I would say, 'You can't do that. When you have children you have to give up your good life. You can't do that,'" Demery said.

Neighbor Candice Curcio said she often found the father roughhousing with the children.

"He would push them away, like, 'Come on, let's go, get in the house.' He was just very rough with them," said Curcio.

"Two little babies lost their lives and that's the long and short of it," said the Valley Springs Apartments owner Nancy Dascenzo. "I am destroyed that this could happen here, anywhere. Two little babies lost their lives."

A burial fund has been set up for Ella Stafford. Donations can be made to the Ella Gray Stafford fund at any Fifth Third Bank in metro Detroit.

Ella Stafford's funeral was Friday at the Martenson Funeral Home on Allen Road. Services will be held at the same home Saturday at 10 a.m.

The funeral for Johnathan Sanderlin will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday at the Peterson Funeral Home in Cadillac, Mich. Visitation was Friday afternoon.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:I totally and unequivocally agree with you AB! Shame on you hope4life!
How dare you defend these PPP mothers who knew exactly what was going to happen. They should not be one bit surprised and if your child is being suffocated with pillows you should not bitch and moan about it when they come up deceased. It's bleeding hearts like you that perpetuate this nonsense. I have no ability to feel anything but DISGUST at these two NotMoms....
I will defend to the death your right to your opinion but that does not mean that I have to acknowledge it as anything but asinine.

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI 577177 Thank you Tom. How dare anybody come here and stick up for the sperm/egg donors and not the true victims. Your little "it's bleeding hearts like you" is a saying I hear everyday, dad blames them for the way things are today. Gotta say, I have to agree because, if it was one of their children or such they'd be bringing down the heavens to get justice. I swear, some people were hit in the head with an idiot stick as soon as they entered the world.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by tears4caylee Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:24 pm

As the article states "father sobs in court"....I wonder how these two little babies screamed their little hearts out when this POS SOB put their little bodies in scalding water....I wonder how they probably fought him while he tried to slowly kill one then the other...I wonder how their little bodies thrashed in the water while he tried to drown them one at a time....GOD bless these little babies and may they find the peace they deserve in heaven.

Killing these little babies in the manner that this POS did, is the most cruelest thing I have ever read on this forum. How they must've suffered....I say he deserves the same as he did to his babies....Then the NOT-MOM's also deserve their punishment for not stepping in and protecting their children...These deaths were avoidable...No one has the right to take a life!
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:15 pm

As a teary-eyed Steven Nicholson walked into an Allen Park courtroom Friday, he turned to his family and said he was sorry.
ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Bilde?Site=C4&Date=20101023&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=10230337&Ref=V2&Profile=1322&MaxW=600&MaxW=800&q=50
Nicholson shook his head and sobbed even more as 24th District Judge John Courtright charged him with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of felony murder and two counts of first-degree child abuse in the scalding and drowning deaths of Nicholson's 15-month-old daughter Ella Stafford, and his son, 13-month-old Jonathon Sanderlin.An Allen Park police officer told the court they received a call from Nicholson at 2:16 a.m. Tuesday that said he believed his toddlers were gone.When police arrived at Apartment 2 at the Valley Springs Apartments, they said Nicholson, 27, was sitting on the floor with the children lying in front of him. Jonathon had burns on his face and Ella, who also had burns to her body, was pale with purple lips.The officer also said Nicholson was interviewed and his accounts of what happened in the three-story apartment complex in the 11000 block of Old Goddard were inconsistent with the evidence.If convicted of first-degree murder, Nicholson faces life in prison. If convicted of felony murder, he would spend life in prison without parole. He is being held without bond in the Wayne County Jail and is to be in court Nov. 1 for a preliminary examination.Before leaving the courtroom, Nicholson told his family, "I didn't hurt them. I was sleeping."Nicholson's aunt Sandy Kirby said, "We know you didn't hurt them."Other family members shouted, "We love you!"Many of his friends and relatives say they are stunned by the allegations and maintain that he was an attentive father who mostly scheduled his life around his children."He would barely take a break from his kids," said his cousin Corey Nicholson. "He stayed at home mostly and loved to cook, so I would go to his house where he played with the kids, changed diapers and took good care of them."Corey Nicholson said his cousin's apartment was filled with toys because he was always getting things for the toddlers."There is no way he could have done this on purpose," Nicholson said. "He was a very loving dad."Steven Nicholson's family said Friday they plan to hire an attorney to represent him. His mother, Rene Demery, said she did not attend the arraignment because she could not bear to hear the charges read aloud."After losing two grandkids and now my son; after losing another son five years ago, it was too much," Demery said.As a child, Demery said Nicholson was very smart and a good student despite the family moving around a lot.At 16, he began hanging with the wrong crowd, Demery said, and dropped out of Melvindale High School.Demery said Nicholson was asked to leave the house, but returned two years later after turning his life around. "He was working two jobs and doing the right things," she said.The mothers of the toddlers also did not attend the arraignment, which was held hours before Ella's visitation in Allen Park and Jonathon's visitation in Cadillac. Burials for the children are to be held today.Nicholson and Tayler Stafford, Ella's mother, had been in an on-again, off-again relationship for two years. But Stafford, 19, said they were on good terms and had planned to go to the movies before the toddlers' deaths."I feel good about the charges because hopefully justice is going to be served," she said.Family and friends of Stafford gathered Friday at Martenson Funeral Home in Allen Park. Male family members wore striped purple ties in Ella's honor.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:17 pm

ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Bilde?Site=C3&Date=20101023&Category=METRO&ArtNo=10230385&Ref=AR
Tayler Stafford, center with sunglasses, watches the family pall bearers place the small casket of Ella into the hearse for burial at Our Lady of Hope Cemetery in Brownstown.

Quiet and constant sobbing could be heard during the funeral service in Allen Park today for 15-month-old Ella Grace Stafford. A service for Ella Grace's 13-month-old half-brother Jonathon Sanderlin will be held today in Cadillac. The toddlers drowned early Tuesday morning in their father's bathtub in his Allen Park apartment. Evidence shows the children were scalded with hot water, authorities said.In the dimly lit chapel, mourners consoled one another as family members and friends paid tearful tributes to the little girl described as intelligent, curious, happy and unafraid to explore life. Stuffed animals rested beside her with Elmo of "Sesame Street" closest to her face in a casket flanked by bright pink flowers and handmade photo collages on easels. Her mother, Tayler Stafford, was inconsolable. "That was her first and only child," said family friend Cyndi Dowling. "Tayler's crying so much that I don't think she can cry anymore." Steven Nicholson, 27, had partial custody of Ella and full custody of Jonathon. When police arrived at Nicholson's garden-level unit at Spring Valley Apartments, the children's bodies were lying on the floor in front of him. Though he told authorities during his arraignment Friday that he had fallen asleep the night of the incident, some believe otherwise. "I don't think it was an accident," said Kimberly Whitley, a friend of Ella Grace's maternal grandmother Wendy Moritz. Dowling agrees. "Steve treated Little Cash (Jonathon) like he was a responsibility, not a son," she said. "And if it were one baby, it might be plausible that it was an accident, but not two babies." Several of Nicholson's family members were in court Friday at his arraignment. One woman cried out, "We know you didn't do it." Nicholson faces six felony charges including two felony murder counts, two first-degree murder counts and two first-degree child abuse counts. The murder charges are punishable by up to life in prison without parole. The child-abuse counts carry penalties of up to 15 years. He has been in police custody since the drowning incident and will remain in Wayne County Jail pending a Nov. 1 preliminary examination of evidence in the case.

TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:ELLA GRACE STAFFORD & JONATHON SANDERLIN - 1 yo (2010) - Allen Park (SW Detroit) MI Bilde?Site=C3&Date=20101023&Category=METRO&ArtNo=10230385&Ref=AR
Tayler Stafford, center with sunglasses, watches the family pall bearers place the small casket of Ella into the hearse for burial at Our Lady of Hope Cemetery in Brownstown.

Quiet and constant sobbing could be heard during the funeral service in Allen Park today for 15-month-old Ella Grace Stafford. A service for Ella Grace's 13-month-old half-brother Jonathon Sanderlin will be held today in Cadillac. The toddlers drowned early Tuesday morning in their father's bathtub in his Allen Park apartment. Evidence shows the children were scalded with hot water, authorities said.In the dimly lit chapel, mourners consoled one another as family members and friends paid tearful tributes to the little girl described as intelligent, curious, happy and unafraid to explore life. Stuffed animals rested beside her with Elmo of "Sesame Street" closest to her face in a casket flanked by bright pink flowers and handmade photo collages on easels. Her mother, Tayler Stafford, was inconsolable. "That was her first and only child," said family friend Cyndi Dowling. "Tayler's crying so much that I don't think she can cry anymore." Steven Nicholson, 27, had partial custody of Ella and full custody of Jonathon. When police arrived at Nicholson's garden-level unit at Spring Valley Apartments, the children's bodies were lying on the floor in front of him. Though he told authorities during his arraignment Friday that he had fallen asleep the night of the incident, some believe otherwise. "I don't think it was an accident," said Kimberly Whitley, a friend of Ella Grace's maternal grandmother Wendy Moritz. Dowling agrees. "Steve treated Little Cash (Jonathon) like he was a responsibility, not a son," she said. "And if it were one baby, it might be plausible that it was an accident, but not two babies." Several of Nicholson's family members were in court Friday at his arraignment. One woman cried out, "We know you didn't do it." Nicholson faces six felony charges including two felony murder counts, two first-degree murder counts and two first-degree child abuse counts. The murder charges are punishable by up to life in prison without parole. The child-abuse counts carry penalties of up to 15 years. He has been in police custody since the drowning incident and will remain in Wayne County Jail pending a Nov. 1 preliminary examination of evidence in the case.

Sorry, but the not-mom doesn't look like she's been inconsolable to me, and what's with the sunglasses? If you notice she's the only one wearing them--LOSER!! If that was my child, you would've had to pull me off of that casket, I just don't understand people.
The only punishment that fits this crime is for the not-father & not-mothers to be scalded exactly like those two precious, innocent babies.

Last edited by alwaysbelieve on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:36 pm

hope4life wrote:I believe that everyone has their own right to their opinion but until you have to walk in someone else shoes then you have no right to comment on it! I believe that the babies shouldn't have suffered but it's to late for that now....does anyone think how the mothers feel or know what they feel? May spirits be with all of you, you sure need it!!! Nobody deserves to be torture or to die....because then we are just as wrong for that! How can we teach our children right from wrong.....when we as adults do not do that ourselves? CPS, the courts, and any other authority figure should really think the next time about the child or family before the money!!! That is were the fault lies and nobody will stand up until it is to late!!! There is three sides to this story: one the fathers, two the mothers, and third the truth....nobody knows what happens behind closes doors. Think the next time before you speak please!!!!
What makes you believe people are not aloud to comment on something unless they have been in the same shoes? Are you serious? And surely you can't also be serious in saying it's the authorities fault. My god, you make it sound like this all just 'happened' to the poor mothers through no fault of theirs. The children are the one's who suffered horribly and died. After the mothers made their first choice to get pregnant to a lowlife, their decision making didn't get any better after the babies were born did they? I expect you are part of this crowd of no hopers and that's why you've jumped on this forum in their defence. If not I'm guessing you HAVE walked in the same shoes and have also had babies and put them in harms way. For some reason you identify with the mothers. We are a voice for the children.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:34 am

Funerals Held for Allen Park Toddlers

Father denies harming the children

Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 9:06 PM EDT

Two toddlers alleged drowned by their father have been buried four days after their bodies were found in an Allen Park partment.

Relatives of 15-month-old Ella Stafford sobbed Saturday as four pall bearers unloaded her tiny pink casket from a hearse for funeral services at Our Lady of Hope Cemetery in Brownstown.

The Detroit Free Press reports that the girl's 13-month-old half brother Jonathon Sanderlin was also buried Saturday during a separate service in Cadillac.

Their 27-year-old father is charged with first degree felony murder and child abuse. Steven Nicholson has denied harming his children, who had different mothers. Prosecutors say Nicholson drowned the toddlers and that they were also scalded on various parts of their bodies.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 am

Does this POS think "I'm sorry" makes a difference to anyone?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:16 am

McGee said she never trusted Nicholson and didn’t want him to be a part of raising her son, so she moved to Cadillac, Mich. She said she was contacted by the court and told that Nicholson had been given sole custody because it had been decided that she was attempting to kidnap the child by leaving the area and refusing Nicholson to see him.

“I’ve been through the police, I’ve been through the friend of the court, I’ve been through Child Protective Services numerous times, and nobody would listen to me,” McGee said. “Even when I brought evidence, they didn’t do anything.”

She was still fighting this when he murdered the babies.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 am

So, everyone has a right to their opinion... unless they are defending poor little tortured and murdered babies?

Now having had a child murdered caused by my poor choices doesn't take away my right to comment. We should all comment when a child is murdered, especially by a family member.

I know McGee was fighting his custody of her son. But surely she knew a little about him when she decided to allow herself to become pregnant by him.

Stafford had a movie date with him!!! Why would she continue to date a man whom she didn't trust with her daughter? Why did she have a baby with a man she didn't trust with her child?

Yes, there is the mother's side and the father's side. You forgot about the poor defenseless children. They had a side also. Before they were murdered, that is.

What you should do instead of criticizing us for standing up for these poor children, is stand up for them yourself. Instead you berate people who are shocked and horrified that these things happen to children and verbalize our disgust.

I am appalled at your comment. However you have a right to your opinion. If you think anyone will agree with you, my money says you have come to the wrong place.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 am

CPS should have taken custody of these children. There is no excuse.

I hope they have water hot enough in jail and prison for this man to get a dose of his own medicine. Even low life convicts hate people like this POS.

Why do women make babies with druggies? Why are women attracted to men who are so obviously low life POSs?

twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:00 am

The following quote is appropriate here.

If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much.

Marian Wright Edelman.

May I suggest you read your last sentence and follow your own advice.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:12 am

I don't see any tears in his eyes or on his cheek. Looks like he just wrinkled up his face for show. Reminds me of another baby killer.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next