Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA

4 posters

Go down

SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA Empty SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA

Post by kiwimom Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:38 am

INDIO, Calif. -- Feb 9th 2011
Four months ago, a baby boy in Indio died at a local hospital because of severe head
trauma, and on Thursday, the Riverside County District Attorney's office
announced that a suspect has been charged with his murder.News Channel 3 has known about this story since Oct. 9 -- the day 21-month-old Serik Mathew Nieto died at Loma Linda Hospital.Although a person of interest was in custody, News Channel 3 could not air a report, because charges had not been filed."He had multiple bruises on him all over his body, like a man beats up a man," said Serik Nieto Sr., the father.After five days in the hospital, Serik Mathew Nieto passed away.It's still unclear how it happened, but the Indio Police Department and District Attorney's office said Esteban Alamo, 24, of Los Angeles killed
the baby boy.Since Oct. 14, Alamo has been in custody at the Los Angeles County Jail.
He was the mother's boyfriend at the time of the incident and the incident
happened at the mother's house in Indio, authorities said.Alamo was in violation of his parole by leaving Los Angeles County, authorities said.He was interviewed by the Indio police the same day the baby was taken to
the hospital, but he wasn't arrested until 10 days later."They
didn't run his name when they interviewed him," said Nieto Sr. "They
took him down to the station and they didn't run his name. If they would
have ran his name, they would have found out he was on parole from
L.A."Nieto Sr. was with the baby's mother, Angel Perez, 22, for eight years, but they are no longer together.News Channel 3 spoke with Perez over the phone, and she said she wasn't there when the baby was hurt.But Nieto Sr.'s daughter Sariah, 5, told him she saw what happened."She
said they kicked him, but kicking (is) not the only thing," said Nieto
Sr. "He had multiple bruises on his body, dude. They didn't just kick
him."It took several months for the coroner to complete an autopsy and for the district attorney's office to file official charges.Nieto Sr. said four months is far too long, even though the suspect has been in custody the entire time."I want justice for whoever did this to my son, and whoever was
responsible or who had any knowledge that this was occurring in this
home," said Nieto Sr.Alamo was charged with murder and assaulting a child, causing death.No court date has been set.

http://www.kesq.com/news/26814140/detail.html
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA Empty JUSTICE FOR SERIK MATHEW NIETO ((INDIO))

Post by seriknieto Fri May 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Trial ordered in death of Indio toddler
12:13 AM, May. 25, 2012 |

INDIO — A man charged with killing his girlfriend's 22-month-old son has been ordered to stand trial.

Esteban Alamo, 26, is charged with assaulting and murdering Serik Mathew Nieto, who died Oct. 9, 2010.

On Oct. 4 that year, Alamo was supposed to be watching the boy and his 4- year-old sister in the Arabia Street apartment that he shared with their mother.

The boy died from a blow to the head akin to what would have happened had he “jumped out of a three-story building,” according to Indio police Detective Julio Diaz.

On Wednesday, Riverside County Superior Court Judge B.J. Bjork presided over a preliminary hearing at the court's Indio annex, at the end of which he ordered Alamo to stand trial.

Angel Perez testified that on Oct. 4, she left her home for five or six hours. Upon her return she checked on her son.

“I went down on my knees and said, ‘Mathew, Mathew,' but he didn't answer,” she said.

The boy was breathing abnormally and had some foam coming from his mouth, she said.

Alamo was behind her, asking what was wrong, she said.

“I said, ‘He won't wake up,'” she said.

A neighbor drove her, Alamo and the boy to a hospital.

Once there, she told a detective “that everyone was telling me that Esteban did it.”

Deputy District Attorney Christopher Ross asked Perez if she questioned Alamo about what was the matter with the boy.

“He said, ‘I don't know. I don't know. I'm going to prove to everyone I didn't do anything wrong,'” she said.

She said Alamo told her Mathew apparently fell down while playing outside the apartment.

“(My daughter) brought him in and he must have fallen,” she said.

Under questioning by Alamo's attorney, Thomas Cavanaugh, Perez said nothing was amiss when she left the apartment that day, and only saw a scratch near her son's mouth when she got home.

She admitted lying to police about being home.

“You lied to the police officer about your presence when Mathew had fallen?” Cavanaugh asked.“Yes,” Perez said.

She said she “lied because I didn't know what was wrong with him.”

“You were afraid you'd get in trouble?” Cavanaugh asked.

“No, I was just afraid in general, because I didn't know what was wrong with him,” Perez said.

Under questioning by Cavanaugh, Perez said she never saw Alamo hurt her children or do anything that would suggest he might.

The boy was taken to JFK Memorial Hospital in Indio, then airlifted to Loma Linda Medical Center.

Doctors at Loma Linda thought the boy died from “Shaken Baby Syndrome.”

A pathologist who did an autopsy on Mathew said the boy's brain injury “was not caused by a simple fall from a couch, chair, bed,” and the fatal damage came from his head being “struck or being struck against an object with great force,” according to an affidavit for an arrest warrant written by Diaz, Indio police detective.

Alamo told police he heard the boy crying in a backyard and figured he had fallen. Mathew's sister told detectives that Alamo “killed” her brother, according to Diaz's affidavit.

Alamo told detectives he “did not like children and would lose his temper fairly quickly,” Diaz wrote. He told Perez to “slap the s---” out of her kids when they got on his nerves, Diaz wrote.

Alamo was being held on $1 million bail. Alamo was on parole for a firearms violation at the time of Mathew's death, Diaz wrote in the affidavit.

seriknieto
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA Empty Re: SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 pm

seriknieto wrote:Trial ordered in death of Indio toddler
12:13 AM, May. 25, 2012 |

INDIO — A man charged with killing his girlfriend's 22-month-old son ....

....on parole for a firearms violation at the time of Mathew's death, Diaz wrote in the affidavit.

Thank-you for the update. We already have him in our database. Her is a link to where the information was initially posted:

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t10613-serik-mathew-nieto-21-months-2010-indio-ca
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA Empty Re: SERIK MATHEW NIETO - 21 Months (2010) - Indio CA

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Trial ordered in death of Indio toddler
12:13 AM, May. 25, 2012

Written by City News Service

INDIO — A man charged with killing his girlfriend's 22-month-old son has been ordered to stand trial.

Esteban Alamo, 26, is charged with assaulting and murdering Serik Mathew Nieto, who died Oct. 9, 2010.

On Oct. 4 that year, Alamo was supposed to be watching the boy and his 4- year-old sister in the Arabia Street apartment that he shared with their mother.

More:

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20120525/NEWS0802/205250318/Trial-ordered-death-Indio-toddler

inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Fri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Bump
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 25, 2012 8:53 pm

I am merging these threads and will PM seriknieto.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down