Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Toddlers - Mooresville NC

2 posters

Go down

6 Toddlers - Mooresville NC Empty 6 Toddlers - Mooresville NC

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Witnesses Say 6 Toddlers Wandered Away From Day Care

March 1, 2011

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Witnesses told Eyewitness News they are infuriated after finding six toddlers who wandered away from a day care center walking near a busy Mooresville road on Monday afternoon.

Witnesses said the children walked away from a play area at The Learning Experience Child Development Center on Legacy Village Boulevard around 3:30 p.m.

Several people rushed from their cars and office buildings to get the children out of harm’s way.

Eyewitness News obtained a copy of one of the calls made to 911.

“A bunch of us were driving down the road and all of these little kids are out running in traffic and there’s no adult around,” the caller said.

Dianne Hanson was one of the people who rushed over to help after spotting the children on the side of Fairview Road.

“They were little,” Hanson said. “I can’t even say they were older than 2.”

The strangers brought six children back to the play yard at the center.

“As I pull up, two more kids are trying to escape and the gate was still open,” Hanson said.

Hanson said she confronted the staff members she saw outside.

“I walked in the gate and I yelled, ‘Who’s responsible for these children?’” Hanson said. She added that the staff was unaware the children had wandered away.

Eyewitness News went to The Learning Experience Center on Tuesday and was referred to its corporate office in Boca Raton, Fla. A spokesperson told reporter Tenikka Smith that the incident is under investigation and that corporate is conducting interviews. The spokesperson also said all of the children involved in the incident are safe and came back to the center on Tuesday.

Mooresville police said they are not investigating the incident as a criminal matter but did inform the North Carolina Division of Child Development with DHHS, which regulates day care centers, about the incident. A spokesperson with the state office told Eyewitness News it sent an investigator to the center.

The state has never taken action against The Learning Experience Child Development Center. The center passed its last annual compliance visit in November 2010.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

6 Toddlers - Mooresville NC Empty Re: 6 Toddlers - Mooresville NC

Post by flash0115 Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 pm

i guess they will do something about this place when a child gets run over. unbelievable!

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down