Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says he isn’t leaving case, knocks reporting - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says he isn’t leaving case, knocks reporting - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says he isn’t leaving case, knocks reporting - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says he isn’t leaving case, knocks reporting
posted by halboedeker on April, 5 2011 10:41 AM

Another day in the Casey Anthony case, another day of speculation.

In an interview on “In Session” this morning, defense attorney Jose Baez ripped speculation that he was leaving the case. It was a big story on some late newscasts Monday, although many viewers were probably watching the NCAA men’s basketball final on CBS.

The latest twist: A Michigan inmate had filed a hand-written motion on Anthony’s behalf that Baez be removed from the case.

Baez told “In Session” that there was nothing to the story. Baez said he wasn’t leaving the case and that Anthony hasn’t asked him to do so. “There’s not even a shread of truth to that,” he said.

Baez said he didn’t feel pressure about the case and added that people don’t know his client. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The trial is scheduled to start in May.

“I can tell you of this of Casey Anthony,” Baez said, “the reports that I hear on a constant basis and the words people are using to descibe her are certainly 100 percent false.”

Baez described Anthony as intelligent and said it’s a shame that she has been prejudged.

Baez took a shot against the reporting on the case. “We’ve had this constant problem,” Baez said. “A handful of reporters who just, I guess, don’t want to check their sources, and have reported things, and they speculate, and before you know it, one station picks it up after another. Very few stations go through the trouble of checking their sources like you guys did. I have never had a story come out from ‘In Session’ without someone from your station actually verifying it personally with me.”

The speculation started when journalists wondered which attorney might be leaving the case and didn’t have access to the motion until this morning. WESH.com reported at 7:43 a.m. that “Casey Anthony Asks For Jose Baez To Be Removed From Case.” And WFTV-Channel 9 described the inmate as an attorney — but what attorney would file a hand-written motion?

Later, WESH-Channel 2’s Jeff Lennox said the motion didn’t have much weight.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/04/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-he-isnt-leaving-case-knocks-reporting.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down